Login

russian armor

Market ruins

2 Nov 2016, 16:25 PM

This map is soo goood! I love it. Thank you Tric!
2 Nov 2016, 16:31 PM

Yeah this map is sweet. Glad to have some new maps in the mix.
2 Nov 2016, 17:11 PM
Donator 11

I really like westwall and market ruins, westwall being my fav out of the 6. I still struggle on Caen and Bryansk though. Both really seem to favor mortars which are a problem atm. Given time I think I will grow to like Bryansk though. Haven't played the other 2 enough to form an opinion yet.
2 Nov 2016, 20:45 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

This map is soo goood! I love it. Thank you Tric!

fun fact, this is my least favorite map. LOL

Also it will see some visual changes soon (tm) to help liven it up a bit more.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
2 Nov 2016, 22:27 PM

If we could get some more openness and buildings that circumvented the lanes, that would really do well in adding more strategy, because right now its a cheesy duel between Machine guns and indirect fire.
2 Nov 2016, 23:10 PM

I don't like most of them. No disrespect for the makers, the maps are pretty but they are to many shot blockers. Shot blocker everywhere! Half of the core units are useless on the maps.
Is anyone from the creators even play the game? Seems like they don't!
3 Nov 2016, 01:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2016, 20:45 PMTric

fun fact, this is my least favorite map. LOL

It always is.
3 Nov 2016, 03:24 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I don't like most of them. No disrespect for the makers, the maps are pretty but they are to many shot blockers. Shot blocker everywhere! Half of the core units are useless on the maps.

Half the core units you are used to are worthless, on the regular maps things like shocks wouldn't see the light of day, at least we are finally getting variety.
3 Nov 2016, 07:32 AM

If we could get some more openness and buildings that circumvented the lanes, that would really do well in adding more strategy, because right now its a cheesy duel between Machine guns and indirect fire.

I completely agree, this map is so small. It's well designed I say for a small map, almost, except that there is no real flanking opportunities, and even when you try to flank you meet base MGs, it's ridiculous. If it was at least a bit bigger it might be very good. I like how the map looks visually, and the center I feel is not bad. But the center is pretty much the whole map lol.
3 Nov 2016, 14:51 PM

Screw you guys! I like the map:banana:
3 Nov 2016, 18:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2016, 03:24 AMTric

Half the core units you are used to are worthless, on the regular maps things like shocks wouldn't see the light of day, at least we are finally getting variety.

Bruh, shocks aren't uncommon at all, and most core units do have utility for most factions. Name all of them, I'd love to hear how this particular map utilizing them.
4 Nov 2016, 01:38 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Bruh, shocks aren't uncommon at all, and most core units do have utility for most factions. Name all of them, I'd love to hear how this particular map utilizing them.

I was going to type up a 10 page response, but tbh, it has been explained and demonstrated so many times on stream that I just don't feel like echoing the same shit again and again. All because someone doesn't know how to be aggressive, and instead camps and gets raped by indirect fire.
4 Nov 2016, 03:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2016, 01:38 AMTric

I was going to type up a 10 page response, but tbh, it has been explained and demonstrated so many times on stream that I just don't feel like echoing the same shit again and again. All because someone doesn't know how to be aggressive, and instead camps and gets raped by indirect fire.

OH my GawD, is dis guy schooling me on how to play??????? Player Card pls my man!
4 Nov 2016, 03:38 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Considering I have beaten people on stream far and above your skill level, says I do indeed, play the game. What core units are useless? Tell me what one doesn't have some sort of way to utilize the map in a way that is advantageous. I would really like to hear the base infantry on this map that doesn't have a way to do something or win an engagement, that isn't a balance issue with the game and actually a map issue.

4 Nov 2016, 03:38 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

OH my GawD, is dis guy schooling me on how to play??????? Player Card pls my man!

One person says there isn't enough flanking, the other says there are to many sight blockers, if there are to many sight blockers, than flanking should be easy? Now which is it guys? To many flanks and sight blockers? Or to little?

Seems like not everyone has the same opinions.

You say shocks aren't uncommon, but when you watch a tourney they were never used... once. So that warrants them being pretty uncommon, aka situational. Infact, most SU players don't even run a commander with shocks in them...

But I'm glad since we have different opinions, (and that I, actually have facts, while you have what you "feel") that you immediately think I'm dissing you, no its much more sweet than that. I simply wrote you off as one of the many egotistical idiots on the site that can't handle the possibility of maybe being wrong.

And before you cry and say nobody agrees with me, I "attack" them. If that were so true, there wouldn't be changes made to the maps constantly based on feedback, there wouldn't be maps that I didn't like after completion, there wouldn't be maps that I openly have said multiple times could be better or have issues, but hey, I'm sure you know far more than I do. That's why we see so many of your maps and your tourneys... oh wait. We haven't.
4 Nov 2016, 04:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2016, 03:38 AMTric

One person says there isn't enough flanking, the other says there are to many sight blockers, if there are to many sight blockers, than flanking should be easy? Now which is it guys? To many flanks and sight blockers? Or to little?

Seems like not everyone has the same opinions.

You say shocks aren't uncommon, but when you watch a tourney they were never used... once. So that warrants them being pretty uncommon, aka situational. Infact, most SU players don't even run a commander with shocks in them...

But I'm glad since we have different opinions, (and that I, actually have facts, while you have what you "feel") that you immediately think I'm dissing you, no its much more sweet than that. I simply wrote you off as one of the many egotistical idiots on the site that can't handle the possibility of maybe being wrong.

And before you cry and say nobody agrees with me, I "attack" them. If that were so true, there wouldn't be changes made to the maps constantly based on feedback, there wouldn't be maps that I didn't like after completion, there wouldn't be maps that I openly have said multiple times could be better or have issues, but hey, I'm sure you know far more than I do. That's why we see so many of your maps and your tourneys... oh wait. We haven't.

Hokay

There aren't many sight blockers on market ruins, whatever person your quoting is probably referring to Bombarbed refinery, or bryansk forest, or perhaps caen.

No shit, that's why its called an opinion.

No one plays shock troop doctrines huh? *COUGH SHOCK RIFLE FRONTLINE COUGH COUGH* Soooo....according to you we must base the meta off tourneys? Off a small percentage of high skilled players? What about the general majority of people who play the game casually and for fun (me).

Let me get this Bs straight, only people who create maps or participate in tournaments can have an opinion on map issues and maps? And only 5 star chefs can tell you if a meal sucks right?

How's your resume, you've created 2 kinda meh maps, both urban, couple hundred hours in coh 2, no visible stats indicating your even aware of the current situation of this mediocre ass game.

4 Nov 2016, 04:54 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Hokay

There aren't many sight blockers on market ruins, whatever person your quoting is probably referring to Bombarbed refinery, or bryansk forest, or perhaps caen.

No shit, that's why its called an opinion.

No one plays shock troop doctrines huh? *COUGH SHOCK RIFLE FRONTLINE COUGH COUGH* Soooo....according to you we must base the meta off tourneys? Off a small percentage of high skilled players? What about the general majority of people who play the game casually and for fun (me).

Let me get this Bs straight, only people who create maps or participate in tournaments can have an opinion on map issues and maps? And only 5 star chefs can tell you if a meal sucks right?

How's your resume, you've created 2 kinda meh maps, both urban, couple hundred hours in coh 2, no visible stats indicating your even aware of the current situation of this mediocre ass game.

I've been making maps for over a decade and have worked with the likes of mono, onkelsam, whiteflash, corsix, mannerhiem. (and by worked with, I mean learned and shared ideas way back when) I have no hours in coh cause i don't like my WB to it, and barely play this shite game as balance is trash.

There are plenty of site blockers, i can show you have it was devised and we can have a civil chat and maybe learn a thing or two from one another. Perhaps the things you talk about get put into the next map, but this one had a clear intention to it, and it was to force a different style of play than what we traditionally see, it was balance with luciano, redwings, vonivan, kryptic just to name a few that helped playtest it.

That is the reason you see urban and industrial out of me so much, cause we don't have any quality ones and I'm tired of soviet farmland maps. (I also use shocks, but its in counter attacks LUL)
4 Nov 2016, 05:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2016, 04:54 AMTric

I've been making maps for over a decade and have worked with the likes of mono, onkelsam, whiteflash, corsix, mannerhiem. (and by worked with, I mean learned and shared ideas way back when) I have no hours in coh cause i don't like my WB to it, and barely play this shite game as balance is trash.

There are plenty of site blockers, i can show you have it was devised and we can have a civil chat and maybe learn a thing or two from one another. Perhaps the things you talk about get put into the next map, but this one had a clear intention to it, and it was to force a different style of play than what we traditionally see, it was balance with luciano, redwings, vonivan, kryptic just to name a few that helped playtest it.

That is the reason you see urban and industrial out of me so much, cause we don't have any quality ones and I'm tired of soviet farmland maps. (I also use shocks, but its in counter attacks LUL)

Alright, fair experience. I simply don't understand, why invest so much time designing for and creating mediums for a game you don't enjoy?

The play style is definitely different, as you intended. It just forces different strats against certain factions. I understand that you cant please all 5 factions with all their respective units and commanders, but I feel simply putting more usable buildings in between those lanes would be amazing(allows for moving between lanes and flanking). I don't like plain maps either, however I do find the hybrid maps most enjoyable, such as Langreskaya and crossing in the woods, incorporating buildings with areas of open map, short combat areas, and perhaps some buildings that overlook integral points. I'd be happy to chat more if you're serious.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★