Login

russian armor

(4) Rivers

2 Nov 2016, 15:00 PM

Hello, this is my second CoH2 Map and I'm looking for feedback. Set in a urban area.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=790484842

From the steam workshop page:

• After accurate bombings destroy the bridges in the city, armies scramble to retake land before rebuilding the bridges to push the assault onward.

Each team has their own side of the map while the bridges are destroyed. You can rush build the bridges or set up defensives. There is a side area where the second CP is located in front of a castle and large graveyard/church. While on the other side of the map there is a small foot bridge granting access to infantry, however cover for infantry and the ability to cut off the foot bridge by barbwire is possible. In the middle of the map is the larger bridge granting access to the other team's side.

This will let one teammate push the CP on the island, while the other defends or pushes the main bridge, or the footbridge to gain access to the enemy team's CP point.

Pop cap set to 150 to allow better defensives and offense rushes.

Few things I know I need to fix is,

Bombed out buildings still grant line of sight.
Walls against the river doesn't provide cover.

Found some guides on how to fix it, hopefully I'll have it updated on the workshop page by the end of the week.
2 Nov 2016, 20:51 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Are these visually finished?
2 Nov 2016, 21:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2016, 20:51 PMTric
Are these visually finished?

For the most part yes, though I feel I could add more detail in some areas, like bushes around the wall of the graveyard. Maybe adjust some buildings to force more of infantry combat in court yard style setting. Fix and adjust some of the buildings in the industrial area of the map, just haven't had any really good thoughts or imagery in my head.

Each map I feel will be a bit of a learning experience for different methods or styles of map making. This has been more of learning about urban areas and assortment of objects to use. Or at least learning what is available to use lol
2 Nov 2016, 21:38 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

just from the screens you provided the maps have next to zero splats or splines used.
3 Nov 2016, 13:50 PM

There is actually a lot of splines used thats shown in those pictures, so I'm a bit confused on what you mean.

While most are objects (Walls, trees, bushes, gravestones, the rocks on the side of the river)
There are some textures with the road, path in the grave yard. Though there is one area you can't see with a cobblestone texture blended for a path to the castle.

Not really sure what else I could use, as mud or ruts from vehicles wouldn't really work on a brick urban setting.

I do want to put an invisible spline around the river walls to provide some sort of cover however.

For splats I did use a blend of brick and concrete around the map, just more blended so it doesn't stand out much. Grass I used a combination of dark grass and patchy grass, though I'd admit it could be blended better.

But like I said, second map, still learning what I could use/knowing whats available to use.

More screenshots

4 Nov 2016, 01:29 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2016, 13:50 PMAExiOn
There is actually a lot of splines used thats shown in those pictures, so I'm a bit confused on what you mean.

While most are objects (Walls, trees, bushes, gravestones, the rocks on the side of the river)
There are some textures with the road, path in the grave yard. Though there is one area you can't see with a cobblestone texture blended for a path to the castle.

Not really sure what else I could use, as mud or ruts from vehicles wouldn't really work on a brick urban setting.

I do want to put an invisible spline around the river walls to provide some sort of cover however.

For splats I did use a blend of brick and concrete around the map, just more blended so it doesn't stand out much. Grass I used a combination of dark grass and patchy grass, though I'd admit it could be blended better.

But like I said, second map, still learning what I could use/knowing whats available to use.

More screenshots

Would you mind sending me your second map (rivers) sgb files? I'll send them back to you with what I am looking for.
4 Nov 2016, 14:13 PM

Sure, probably be sometime tomorrow, but I'll send a PM with a link.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 82
United States 13
unknown 7
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %