Login

russian armor

Want to see more love from Relic (event promotion, obs mode)

24 Jul 2013, 08:44 AM
Patrion 26

As all of you noticed we got more tourneys every day. But people don't sign up for them.
In my opinion it's the lack of promotion from Relic/Sega side, I will explain why.
First of all the in game Main screen is filled with useless news. I mean the twitch integration to coh is great but srsly does it have to be there for a month? No! We already all know that because there is a menu right there to login into twitch. I call this redundant data.... Instead this news section should feature tourneys that will happen ( ESL ) for example.
Almost no one signed up for this because its only featured in coh2.org and maybe somewhere in the official forums. Relic has to realize that if they want us to play the game they should help us make the game an Esport. The only thing we see from Relic side is comment like "oh yeah this is a great idea and all" but no promotion of this tourneys is done. ESL is a great starting point, but as far as I know they won't beg us to participate and sooner or later they will just say screw you guys and ignore coh as a competitive game. And our chance will be lost.

Also the spectator mode, I mean come on guys Riot managed to do it why can't you? I mean no one wants to watch replays of some dudes playing in a tourney. No one will take us seriously. You don't go to a football match to watch a playback, you go to see it Live and feel what the players feel without knowing what will happen next. With the current replay option most casters screw up sometimes and tell you what will happen cause they have already seen the replay.

I would like to get an official reply from Noun on this. And explain where Relic/Sega position stands on those ideas.
24 Jul 2013, 08:49 AM
Donator 11

This features will be implemented...SOON
24 Jul 2013, 08:52 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2013, 08:49 AMThrill
This features will be implemented...SOON

My most favorite word in the English dictionary :)
24 Jul 2013, 08:53 AM

They are still.......working on it....
24 Jul 2013, 08:58 AM

I agree, I would like to see some of these features implemented by now. I don't care if it is one at a time I just want to see progress.
24 Jul 2013, 09:10 AM
Patrion 26

Also I remember they were talking about a Roadmap where the community will post their ideas and the devs would post replies if those ideas woul work or not, but I guess we ask them too much to keep their promises
24 Jul 2013, 09:12 AM

As all of you noticed we got more tourneys every day. But people don't sign up for them.
In my opinion it's the lack of promotion from Relic/Sega side

No it's not.
It's people playing this game fault.

Finding informations for tournaments is not that hard. People just don't want to play tournaments, that's it.
It's easy to think that if the game doesn't become an esport, it's developper/publisher fault. no obs mode/not enough advertising/no tournaments sponsorized by developper & publisher/etc etc

But it all comes down to the players, do they want to play tournaments or not.
Apparently, they don't.
24 Jul 2013, 09:16 AM

Such as?

You mean the esl tourney? No-one took that seriously because no-one real good joined, which is because all the high tier players are active on this site and involved in this communities tournies, i.e. SNF, Coh2.org official events, TFN, etc.
24 Jul 2013, 09:22 AM
Patrion 26

No it's not.
It's people playing this game fault.

Finding informations for tournaments is not that hard. People just don't want to play tournaments, that's it.
It's easy to think that if the game doesn't become an esport, it's developper/publisher fault. no obs mode/not enough advertising/no tournaments sponsorized by developper & publisher/etc etc

But it all comes down to the players, do they want to play tournaments or not.
Apparently, they don't.

This is also true for some extend. But think about it otherwise. Relic said there are some thousand copies sold ( at least steam has it on featured) how many of them do you think know about coh2.org? I constantly see the same guys posting and replying to posts. They could at least make an in game promotion of the community site. If the company doesn't promote some stuff and leaves everything to be done by the community, I am sorry to say it but this is just bad. I work in a company we are software developers. And we promote our product we don't leave our current clients to do this job for us, because its our software and we want to make money out of it. We try to promote events that that will use our software because it will bring more clients + it will help our partners to get something out of it
24 Jul 2013, 09:29 AM
Patrion 26

Such as?

You mean the esl tourney? No-one took that seriously because no-one real good joined, which is because all the high tier players are active on this site and involved in this communities tournies, i.e. SNF, Coh2.org official events, TFN, etc.

The point here is that TFN SNF and Coh2.org events are community events. Which will probably benefit from the spectator mode. ESL on the other hand is organized by someone out of this closed drama queens community and gives a chance to us to get new players/viewers. Because if ESL will see that we are interested and will start to promote us on their twitch channels also. The way we are doing it, we try to keep this community closed by not giving a FCK about some stuff. And on top of that we cry about it
24 Jul 2013, 10:43 AM
Patrion 26

Just as I suspected, there is a little amount of people giving a flying fck about the future of this game
24 Jul 2013, 10:43 AM

Apart from the ESL League we don't have any other events rolling right now that is international, there's been a CoHJP tourney or 2 and a Brazilian tourney and maybe other smaller events like that.

In my opinion it's the lack of promotion from Relic/Sega side, I will explain why.

Actually the CMs have been promoting most of the events on the official CoH Twitter and Facebook.

First of all the in game Main screen is filled with useless news. I mean the twitch integration to coh is great but srsly does it have to be there for a month? No! We already all know that because there is a menu right there to login into twitch. I call this redundant data.... Instead this news section should feature tourneys that will happen ( ESL ) for example.

It's not a bad idea in general, but many if not most of the players are not interested in playing competetively, those who are generally visit the forums etc and this would require coding power (however little doesn't really matter, I'd rather they focus on something else then).

Almost no one signed up for this because its only featured in coh2.org and maybe somewhere in the official forums. Relic has to realize that if they want us to play the game they should help us make the game an Esport. The only thing we see from Relic side is comment like "oh yeah this is a great idea and all" but no promotion of this tourneys is done. ESL is a great starting point, but as far as I know they won't beg us to participate and sooner or later they will just say screw you guys and ignore coh as a competitive game. And our chance will be lost.

It's easy to blame the publisher/developer, but we as a community must be interested in participating in events even if there's not thousands of dollars in prizes, the ESL 1v1 tourney had more people signing up from the official twitter/facebook according to some sources then from places like here and GameReplays, both which featured it on their portals.

Also the spectator mode, I mean come on guys Riot managed to do it why can't you? I mean no one wants to watch replays of some dudes playing in a tourney. No one will take us seriously. You don't go to a football match to watch a playback, you go to see it Live and feel what the players feel without knowing what will happen next. With the current replay option most casters screw up sometimes and tell you what will happen cause they have already seen the replay.

I would like to get an official reply from Noun on this. And explain where Relic/Sega position stands on those ideas.

Riot has a much larger staff and more resources afaik, it's easy to say that Relic should have this or that, but considering the THQ bankruptcy, lower funding and shorter development time, not to mention that there might be 90% of a playerbase who much rather wants to play campaign/compstomps, it's no wonder other things took priority.
Not to say I don't want obs, I do, but it will be here in due time.
Also loads of people watch reruns/playbacks of stuff on TV all the time.

Any caster who pre-watch the games and then spill the beans during a cast before something happens is just, I'm not even gonna say.
TFN doesn't even pre-watch the games, cause it ruins the entertainment, if I already know exactly whats gonna happen and who's gonna win, how exciting will it be when I see it the 2nd or 3rd time, not very much.

24 Jul 2013, 11:04 AM
Patrion 26

Actually the CMs have been promoting most of the events on the official CoH Twitter and Facebook.

I know this, what I was talking about was the ingame promotion

It's not a bad idea in general, but many if not most of the players are not interested in playing competetively, those who are generally visit the forums etc and this would require coding power (however little doesn't really matter, I'd rather they focus on something else then).

I know it requires a coding ( as I stated, I work in a software developement company), but I can hardly believe they have some sort of sturcture in their developement team. Some people are responsible for some stuff, some others for something else. This is the basics of any company. I can hardly believe that relic is filled with monkeys that all do the same job. I do realise they help each other but everyone much have their own tasks to accomplish until the deadline.

Riot has a much larger staff and more resources afaik, it's easy to say that Relic should have this or that, but considering the THQ bankruptcy, lower funding and shorter development time, not to mention that there might be 90% of a playerbase who much rather wants to play campaign/compstomps, it's no wonder other things took priority.
Not to say I don't want obs, I do, but it will be here in due time.
Also loads of people watch reruns/playbacks of stuff on TV all the time.

When Riot created the spectator mode they were hardly 20 people. I don`t blame Relic for not having it on release, it is pretty understandable with what happened to THQ.
But as I remember they have said SEGA is not THQ and they gave them freedom over the product ( not really sure if I remember this correctly), but I mean come on guys give us something to read on, post something that is being implemented or will be, if it will be in the plans of implementation or not. The way I see it Relic has only Noun in the PR and some developers who instead of talking to us like to someone equal give us replies that make us feel like monkeys of some sort that don`t understand what they want.

24 Jul 2013, 11:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge

You know, its summer, the game has been released about a month ago. It is usual that around this time after release a large portion of a dev team is on post-launch vacation. Thus, don't expect huge movement right now, but in the near future. People saying "its out for 4 weeks and nothing has happened" are not taking this into account...

Further, it is known that THQ was pushing things because they needed money soon. Sega stepped in just half a year ago and gave them a few more months to polish things. A few months are not much to do anything major, but rather enough to get things in line.
New features are definitaly on the agenda (just ask people who have been on the vancouver community meeting). Spectator mode is one of the features which has been definitaly confirmed.

I am not saying everything is perfect right now. I'd also like to see things happen immediately. But people need to get a sense of how fast things can happen for real in industry. There's a lot of people involved, quality assurance, etc. So, lets wait for the summer break to end and see what they come up with.
24 Jul 2013, 11:17 AM

Ingame promotion would require resources and budget and isn't feasible when the game isn't even feature complete.

Relic/SEGA could do with promoting tournaments via Social Media and their official website, and giving out partnerships to Streams on Twitch, but not much else.
24 Jul 2013, 11:25 AM
Benefactor 115

1. The Relic/Sega staff have been very helpful in helping me promote ESL events

2. Most of the sign ups are indeed from social media or long term ESL members, the amount of sign ups from coh2.org is shockingly low.

3. Relic/Sega can't give out twitch partnerships. That's up to twitch who can be most unhelpful at times.

Guru skippy highlights it the best people (at least on this site) aren't interested in tournaments. I wish more people would sign up, it doesnt matter how good you are just take part.

Basically there isn't going to be any esports support unless you guys show you are hungry for it. If I were an outsider it seems that the community isn't willing to take action, just talk about it.
24 Jul 2013, 11:29 AM
Patrion 26

You knoww, its summer, the game has been released about a month ago. It is usual that around this time after release a large portion of a dev team is on post-launch vacation. Thus, don't expect huge movement right now, but in the near future. People saying "its out for 4 weeks and nothing has happened" are not taking this into account...

Further, it is known that THQ was pushing things because they needed money soon. Sega stepped in just half a year ago and gave them a few more months to polish things. A few months are not much to do anything major, but rather enough to get things in line.
New features are definitaly on the agenda (just ask people who have been on the vancouver community meeting). Spectator mode is one of the features which has been definitaly confirmed.

I am not saying everything is perfect right now. I'd also like to see things happen immediately. But people need to get a sense of how fast things can happen for real in industry. There's a lot of people involved, quality assurance, etc. So, lets wait for the summer break to end and see what they come up with.

Thank you Onkel, but you see people who went to Vancouver never thought of actually saying anything about what they have talked and what will come. Or I missed a post like that somewhere in the forums? Also regarding their vacation, you want to tell me that 80% of their devs decided to go on vacation at the same time and the company let them?
I mean the game just came out, this is the most important time of the whole game, this is where usually people work as hard as they can to fix problems and not go to a happy group vacation and screw all their clients. If it`s like that then don`t be surprised why people leave the game.

@Cyridius what budget are we talking about here? Devs are being paid per month no matter what the fck they are doing. Don`t tell me they are getting a salary after each project they have done. So the company wastes money on their salaries so they would do their jobs ( no matter what job it is) you are not gonna pay a 3-rd party to do something for you when your devs are supposed to know this kinds of shit.
I don`t say that the Devs are lazy fat guys sitting in front of their PC`s playing games or some sort of shit. I understand they are actually work on something, but atleast they could freaking tell us what exactly they are doing and not just " We got really great stuff comming out Sooon".
24 Jul 2013, 11:34 AM

Thank you Onkel, but you see people who went to Vancouver never thought of actually saying anything about what they have talked and what will come.

I'm sure they're desperate to talk about it. Only they're not allowed to, due to the NDA that they had to sign.

Noun has already explained his reasons for not announcing stuff - which basically boils down to 'Damned if you do, damned if you don't'. He's been burned before.
24 Jul 2013, 11:35 AM
Patrion 26

Basically there isn't going to be any esports support unless you guys show you are hungry for it. If I were an outsider it seems that the community isn't willing to take action, just talk about it.

This is what I was saying aswell. Esports is a business now and it wont care in something that will not benefit them.

I really see how hard IpKai tries to make this game an E-sport and I appreciate it.
24 Jul 2013, 11:39 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Thank you Onkel, but you see people who went to Vancouver never thought of actually saying anything about what they have talked and what will come. Or I missed a post like that somewhere in the forums? Also regarding their vacation, you want to tell me that 80% of their devs decided to go on vacation at the same time and the company let them?
I mean the game just came out, this is the most important time of the whole game, this is where usually people work as hard as they can to fix problems and not go to a happy group vacation and screw all their clients. If it`s like that then don`t be surprised why people leave the game.

I know, they aren't allowed to talk about that stuff, due to NDA. But there was a picture posted with Quinn Duffy in front of a table of future features. Most things were blacked out, but spectator mode was set visible.

Of course it is just a guess, but i am quite sure it is usual to let a lot of people go on vacation around this time (a few weeks after release). Most people most likely did extra hours pre-release. Then they stayed for the first weeks in case of emergency and now that the game runs stable, they allowed to take their vacation.
If i remember correctly, this was how it was done after DOW2 and Tales of Valor release.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★