Login

russian armor

Want to see more love from Relic (event promotion, obs mode)

24 Jul 2013, 11:44 AM

I know this, what I was talking about was the ingame promotion

Well considering what I said, the people who are looking to play competitively generally follow the official social medias or the fansites, which all already promote whatever is on at the time mostly.
Personally I don't think an ingame promotion would increase participation as much as you'd expect, just look at the integrated twitch.tv menu, the viewers for livestreams have barely even changed, most of the time where it goes 300-400+ viewers is because of official promotion on twitter/FB, not from that ingame menu promotion.

You'd expect with thousands of people online at times that the livestream numbers would have atleast grown alot with it so easily accessible from ingame, but it just didn't.

I know it requires a coding ( as I stated, I work in a software developement company), but I can hardly believe they have some sort of sturcture in their developement team. Some people are responsible for some stuff, some others for something else. This is the basics of any company. I can hardly believe that relic is filled with monkeys that all do the same job. I do realise they help each other but everyone much have their own tasks to accomplish until the deadline.

Mind me asking who you work for?
If you look at the Relic homepage they are hiring alot of new people, this might mean they are missing essential staff for certain things to be resolved quickly, the twitch.tv integration was basically mainly made by twitch.tv coders, not relic coders from what I know.

When Riot created the spectator mode they were hardly 20 people. I don`t blame Relic for not having it on release, it is pretty understandable with what happened to THQ.
But as I remember they have said SEGA is not THQ and they gave them freedom over the product ( not really sure if I remember this correctly), but I mean come on guys give us something to read on, post something that is being implemented or will be, if it will be in the plans of implementation or not. The way I see it Relic has only Noun in the PR and some developers who instead of talking to us like to someone equal give us replies that make us feel like monkeys of some sort that don`t understand what they want.

Noun has said in these very forums that they do not want to give false hope that then will be used against them by the community and create angry fans when they can't hit their deadlines due to whatever might be the reasons.
So instead of going "This and this will be out then and then" they are just saying, "this and this feature is considered, and there will be work on it in the future".

Also what Sam said, it's post-launch vacations, give it time.
24 Jul 2013, 11:44 AM
Patrion 26

Most things were blacked out, but spectator mode was set visible.

It`s something :)
24 Jul 2013, 11:46 AM
Patrion 26

Mind me asking who you work for?
If you look at the Relic homepage they are hiring alot of new people, this might mean they are missing essential staff for certain things to be resolved quickly, the twitch.tv integration was basically mainly made by twitch.tv coders, not relic coders from what I know.

If you know about Forex business you surely know the developer giant behind the software the Forex companies use
24 Jul 2013, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2013, 08:49 AMThrill
This features will be implemented...SOON

lol... sure

24 Jul 2013, 14:12 PM

3. Relic/Sega can't give out twitch partnerships. That's up to twitch who can be most unhelpful at times.

They do give out a partnerships if they're asked.
24 Jul 2013, 14:20 PM
Benefactor 115

firstly who is they and when was this case.
24 Jul 2013, 15:40 PM

They do give out a partnerships if they're asked.

Don't you need to have a certain number of followers for them to do this?
24 Jul 2013, 15:45 PM

helo. here are my opinion!! relic and sega need 2 stop making sonic games and srsly work on compay of horo 2!!!!!!!
24 Jul 2013, 15:45 PM
Benefactor 115

Certain number of followers, a high number of concurrent viewers, need to stream often and a high number of total views.

Meeting those criteria however doesn't guarantee that you will get partnered with twitch.
24 Jul 2013, 16:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

What has twitch partnership to do with any of this
24 Jul 2013, 16:07 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

2. Most of the sign ups are indeed from social media or long term ESL members, the amount of sign ups from coh2.org is shockingly low.

Guru skippy highlights it the best people (at least on this site) aren't interested in tournaments. I wish more people would sign up, it doesnt matter how good you are just take part.

Basically there isn't going to be any esports support unless you guys show you are hungry for it. If I were an outsider it seems that the community isn't willing to take action, just talk about it.

You're attitude is really bad here, IpKai. You're not going to bully anybody into doing anything. You're actually taking shots at the players in this community? That's cheap. They showed up in force for the TFN tourney and it's $1200 prize pool. You expect them to play for weeks in a League on a site that they don't know for.... ESL premium accounts? Seriously? Stop talking bad about the community here and offer a prize.
24 Jul 2013, 16:38 PM
Benefactor 115

firstly punctuation error. should have said Guruskippy highlights it the best, people (at least on this site) ...

secondly you're right I'm not going to force people into doing something they don't want to do but I don't believe that you have to give financial incentives out to get people to play.

You talk about playing weeks on end when it's only one best of three match a week. How is that any different to someone already grinding out auto match games to take some time out during the week to play a best of three match?

thirdly you know as well as I do that it's very very hard to get a cash prize for an online only event. TFN worked extremely hard pushing their youtube content and they used all their revenue for the cash pot. If I could offer that much money every tournament I would but I can't because the money isn't there

finally building a competitive community on financial incentives never works as I illustrated with cnc3 and it also happened with DoW1 and Rise of Nations.

A strong competitive community is where people play because they love to play the game and they want to find out who is the best player, prizes are merely a bonus.

24 Jul 2013, 16:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Lets face it, coh2 is a waste of time...
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 24 Jul 2013, 17:38 PM

We're certainly interested in offering more support to tournaments, and we think we've been doing a pretty good job with it through our social accounts. The fact is that our Facebook posts get far more views daily than our website.

In terms of in-game support it's something we hope to improve.

We're definitely open to suggestions.

As to Twitch, we have a good working relationship with them but have no control over what games or casters they feature. I believe that the more viewers someone has the more likely they are to be featured, which tends to be how it works for other networks as well.
24 Jul 2013, 19:10 PM
raw
24 Jul 2013, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2013, 17:38 PMNoun

A must is to see the camera view of the players in replays, so we can detect cheaters.
See this for a reference.
24 Jul 2013, 20:40 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

You only have more chances to get cheaters, it's not a definitive solution. :) A very good player that cheats, knowing about a feature like that one, would simply use the information he gets from the minimap and the tactical map and never actually move the map on the location of enemy forces. :)
24 Jul 2013, 20:43 PM

replays, iirc, have always saved the location for every order (move/attack etc.). it is just a question of accessing that information, and then determine whether it could have been legit or not.

camera movement would be almost impossible to capture with the current replay format.

though i agree, that the replays could use a lot more info (still lower priority than other stuff imho).
raw
24 Jul 2013, 20:43 PM

You only have more chances to get cheaters, it's not a definitive solution. :)

Unfortunately there is no definite solution for cheaters but being able to see what the player sees helps a ton to weed out maphackers.

though i agree, that the replays could use a lot more info (still lower priority than other stuff imho).

A good replay system is pretty important imo, especially for those people that are involved in tournaments in various places. A good replay system seems to be quite demanding on the development site unfortunately. This is definitely something Relic should pursue with the new Segabucks. :)
24 Jul 2013, 21:02 PM

firstly who is they and when was this case.

"They" = Twitch and Asked by Developers. Read below.

Don't you need to have a certain number of followers for them to do this?

If you're getting your partnership by yourself, yes, you need to have something like 150+ regular viewers and a shit tonne of followers. My comment comes from my experiences in PlanetSide 2 where people with <50 regular viewers were granted Twitch partnerships at the behest of SOE.

Point being, that if a Publisher/Studio has a good relationship with Twitch(Eg. Putting the Twitch API and inbuilt Twitch streaming in your game á la CoH2 Menu Screen) they tend to be pretty lenient with the criteria required, should they be asked by the game devs to grant a partnership.

Though of course I've no clue how things work with Relic/SEGA and Twitch.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2013, 17:38 PMNoun

If you're serious about it, then you need to(imo);

Have observer mode

Revamp replays so they do not function like simulations, so they can be rewinded and work in later patch versions

Make the Twitch part of the menu slightly larger and filterable. So it can be randomized or filtered by most views for example.

Implement at StarCraft II style Ladder with Leagues

The key thing here is Observer Mode. If you want tournaments to matter at all in the long run, it is not an option or a luxury, it is an absolute necessity. Past tournaments, it servers a number of other functions(Casual players observing each other, mentoring programs to help new people learn, etc.).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★