Login

russian armor

October Udate - New maps are terrible

• This thread is locked
28 Oct 2016, 15:18 PM

I have to say the new maps, especially Westwall, Caen and Bombarded Refinery are depressingly awful. If there were more vetoes I'd block them all. I'd even say they're unplayable especially those with the dull smoke/mist effect e.g. Westwall.

When any of these maps come up, I just feel like quitting, otherwise the game is just a chore with no enjoyment.
28 Oct 2016, 15:34 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Nobody will miss, you bye! Also nice troll attempt. I would love to see your workshop page if you are serious though. I'm sure you have a vast understanding of the worldbuilder.
28 Oct 2016, 15:41 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Could you explain why Westwall is unplayable?
I got a number of feedback but you are the first one who said that Westwall is unplayable - because of the fog?
To improve my map detailed information would be helpful.
Especially the fog story is interesting because the fog dont influence the visibility of units (neither in gameplay terms nor in visual terms).
So those generic complainant cant help me to make Westwall better.

Lord Rommel, Creator of Westwall.
28 Oct 2016, 15:50 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Could you explain why Westwall is unplayable?
I got a number of feedback but you are the first one who said that Westwall is unplayable - because of the fog?
To improve my map detailed information would be helpful.
Especially the fog story is interesting because the fog dont influence the visibility of units (neither in gameplay terms nor in visual terms).
So those generic complainant cant help me to make Westwall better.

Lord Rommel, Creator of Westwall.

It is a troll, most likely a vonasten account or similar, trying to get a rise. Don't pay any attention to it.
28 Oct 2016, 15:52 PM

@Lord Rommel,

Like most things, its simply down to taste. I just found the fog effect unappealing and in this case "unplayable" was purely emotive. If fog were applied to, say, Angoville - I'd probably veto that too.
28 Oct 2016, 15:56 PM

Only thing that is terrible in that update is the fact that they add 6 maps for 1v1 and completly none to others. (and the best part is that 1v1 map pool is the most balance and didn't need a change).
28 Oct 2016, 16:02 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2016, 15:56 PMStark
Only thing that is terrible in that update is the fact that they add 6 maps for 1v1 and completly none to others. (and the best part is that 1v1 map pool is the most balance and didn't need a change).

I'm working on that with other mappers. We (I) needed to test the response and outreach for the community maps, and the easiest pool to run a tourney/contest for is 1v1's. 2v2's is the next goal and after the larger maps. We may get lucky and see bigger maps 3v3's / 4v4's soon, but it really is down to time, since they take the longest to make and test for balance.
28 Oct 2016, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2016, 15:56 PMStark

Welp... I better start playing 1v1 then... But seriously, I was hoping for some 2v2 maps cause some right now are pretty bad. I'm not a map maker but probably cause 2v2+ maps are harder to balance out so no new ideas were executed, I guess?‎
28 Oct 2016, 16:04 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

@Lord Rommel,

Like most things, its simply down to taste. I just found the fog effect unappealing and in this case "unplayable" was purely emotive. If fog were applied to, say, Angoville - I'd probably veto that too.

So basically what you are saying, is that you are going to dislike maps to dislike them? And fun fact, angoville has rolling fog on it. :facepalm:

In all seriousness, when you make threads like this, all it does is make the content creators, not want to take anything you say at all for criticism (as you have offered literally none), and makes myself and the others not want to continue to provide FREE content.

Nothing about this thread will be positive, and that is entirely due to the way you have worded and handled yourself.
28 Oct 2016, 16:05 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Welp... I better start playing 1v1 then... But seriously, I was hoping for some 2v2 maps cause some right now are pretty bad. I'm not a map maker but probably cause 2v2+ maps are harder to balance out so no new ideas were executed, I guess?‎

Yes and no, it basically takes longer to test and make the larger maps. They are on the way though! Don't fret. :D
28 Oct 2016, 16:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

We are not continuing with a troll thread. The OP has one post and no player card to identify his skill level.

For those who want to know why the 2/3/4s maps were not looked at: please see at least two other threads about this aspect.

/locked

Moved from Lobby to Scrap Yard
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 104
France 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %