Login

russian armor

Can't add new buildings to construction menu?

25 Oct 2016, 15:05 PM

Hey all,

I'm creating a tuning pack just for game flavor and aesthetics, but not too familiar with the game tools.

I followed the basic guide which was pretty simple, but doesn't explain most of the options available to modders. Looking through the guides and youtube videos has lent some more insight, but my specific issues doesn't seem to turn up anywhere online:

Within the CoH2 db there exists for both germany and okw a structure called something to the effect of "pak43_sandbags" or "flak_sandbags" which has a physical model animator and associated stats (Im assuming this is a campaign object?)

I've copied over another defensive structure that does have the proper building/construction mechanics and replaced the various parts to fit it's design, but I'm running into a couple of issues.

For units, assigning them under "spawner" is quite simple

However, because pioneers/sturm pioneers are needed to construct the buildings it doesn't seem quite as simple to add a new building to their retinue. I've dug through the file tree, to the best of my ability, under both iterators of engineers, but there doesn't seem to be a simple place to add "spawn" option.

Similarly, under the structure itself there isn't a simple ui position with which I can add it to the build menu.

Might there be anyone that could lend me some help?

Thank you
25 Oct 2016, 15:38 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Units belong in the spawner, but buildings belong in the engineer menu. The pioneers have a 'squad_engineer_ext' and you need to add you buildings in there.

Good luck!
25 Oct 2016, 15:51 PM

Hm, have you tried adding it under "squad_engineer_ext/construction_groups/construction_group/construction_items" in the pioneers' sbps?

25 Oct 2016, 17:01 PM

Units belong in the spawner, but buildings belong in the engineer menu. The pioneers have a 'squad_engineer_ext' and you need to add you buildings in there.

Good luck!

Oh neat, your mod is the one I originally subscribed too that inspired me to want to add all the defensive structures.

How did you go about adding the fortified flak emplacement for germany? (the one with the garrison)

That's currently what I'm attempting to implement

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2016, 15:51 PMhhhhh
Hm, have you tried adding it under "squad_engineer_ext/construction_groups/construction_group/construction_items" in the pioneers' sbps?

Thank you for the reply! My first thought was to copy an existing instantiation and replace the subsequent values with what I was attempting modify. I used the search bar pretty extensively, but I was not aware of the "mine" keyword, thanks for the help.

I did check the squad_engineer_ext, but I must have missed it while looking the other night. I spent too much time trying to find it under the ebps section for the pioneers and the building itself.
25 Oct 2016, 19:02 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

How did you go about adding the fortified flak emplacement for germany? (the one with the garrison)

That's currently what I'm attempting to implement

It's mostly the 17 pounder with some changes:

1. Clone the 17 pounder AT emplacement entities with new names:
- The pit and gun in ebps
- The emplacement in sbps.
2. Change to model of the gun in ebps 'entity_blueprint_ext' with the model of the original Pak43
3. Replace the weapons in the gun in ebps in 'combat_ext' with the weapons of the original Pak43.
4. Replace the 'ui_ext' in the pit in ebps with the ui of the original Pak43.
5. Clean the 'requirements_ext' in the pit in ebps so it doesn't require the company command post ;)
6. Change the 'loadout_ext' in the emplacement in sbps with your new two entities, the gun and the pit.

These are the most important steps. When that works, you can fine-tune it with other costs, actions and abilities.

Good luck!
25 Oct 2016, 20:20 PM

It's mostly the 17 pounder with some changes:

1. Clone the 17 pounder AT emplacement entities with new names:
- The pit and gun in ebps
- The emplacement in sbps.
2. Change to model of the gun in ebps 'entity_blueprint_ext' with the model of the original Pak43
3. Replace the weapons in the gun in ebps in 'combat_ext' with the weapons of the original Pak43.
4. Replace the 'ui_ext' in the pit in ebps with the ui of the original Pak43.
5. Clean the 'requirements_ext' in the pit in ebps so it doesn't require the company command post ;)
6. Change the 'loadout_ext' in the emplacement in sbps with your new two entities, the gun and the pit.

These are the most important steps. When that works, you can fine-tune it with other costs, actions and abilities.

Good luck!

Very cool. Thanks for the help! I was convinced that it was the entity labeled "88mm_pak43_sandbags" and for the life of me could not figure out what that was exactly.
25 Oct 2016, 20:36 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2016, 20:20 PMArtigo
I was convinced that it was the entity labeled "88mm_pak43_sandbags" and for the life of me could not figure out what that was exactly.

Those should be the three little walls of sandbags that get spawned around the Pak 43 once it finishes construction!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS