Login

russian armor

RE: Kamzil118 post

5 Oct 2016, 15:40 PM

This is where I disagree with you. While Relic does have their moments of screwing up. We have to give them credit that they've managed to continue a game which didn't do so much with the public. (See Russia)

Years before, I remember a time when the Soviets were so reliant on doctrines that every Soviet player basically forgot some of their standard units because of their mediocre job or that they were useless. The SU-76 and and Penal units were lost in a sea of balance before Relic pulled them out of the waters and adapted them to be useful once more. There was once a time when the T-34/76 was ignored because it was completely terrible to begin with. Today, Relic managed to bring it back and become effective at killing infantry and light vehicles.

Armies like the USF and the OKW have completely changed since their release and for a good reason. No longer did the USF have to suffer manpower bleed like a stuffed pig, the OKW didn't have to spam volksgrenadiers with Panzerschrecks anymore. While the USF is stronger and the OKW has to adjust to the fact that they lost a 'reliable' way to kill tanks.

Bugs like the rain dance stopped Guards and the USF officers from leaping from their squad in order to fire their weapons.

Hell, the USFs ambulance used to have thirty second healing ability before it would stop. Once Relic changed the ability to be a turn on/off switch it alleviated the pressure on the shoulders of a USF player.

Its the small stuff that Relic does which makes me appreciate their work as developers since they happen to be balancing a game with multiple factors. The fact that they've balanced the game with RNG, cover, health, and damage without screwing the rest of the game up like Jenga blocks is quite impressive.

Even though Relic has managed to make mistakes where a Sherman could shoot shells like a machine gun, they've acknowledged their mistakes and made hotfixes at the time.

Just because they've fucked up in games like in vCoH or in the Dawn of War series, doesn't mean they have not tried to fix it. Compared what it used to be years ago, it has changed for the better since the release of CoH2. Although these fixes are very small, Relic has become more active in trying to improve the game.

Besides, if we boycott games made by Relic we would be hurting an already dying genre. Adding on, we may end up burying one of the most unique RTS games out there since games like Starcraft II or Cossacks III may not be the RTS game we enjoy. No other RTS game has that much extensive emphasis for the mechanic of cover than the games developed by Relic.

The really good RTS games are in the past and now they are gone. If Relic goes because of this boycott, we will end up pulling the plug on a developer group dedicated to RTS games. If that happens, then it will be rare for games like Dawn of War and Company of Heroes to get chances like Halo Wars. We should be grateful that Company of Heroes was salvaged after what happened to THQ.

Anyways, people are still going to by Dawn of War III. After all, Relic is the only game developer that makes decent gameplay about the dark universe of Warhammer 40k. I mean, half of the funny things on 1d4chan exist because of Relic.

Dude you really put some credit to RELIC because they copy the change from a mod maker?

Dude you really want to speak up with them?

go to PAUL's youtube you will see how RELIC deal with bugs:

brits barwire bug have found and never been fix (upload date 03/10/2016):

RELIC PLEASE 3 THE MAGIC COMPANY

+ a lot of bugs still exit after 3.5 year.

I just LOL this company and you guy speak up for RELIC.
5 Oct 2016, 15:42 PM

USF CAPTAIN WORK FOR KY@LE CONFIRMED

5 Oct 2016, 16:24 PM

Feels good to see i'm not alone trying to make things change.

I think paula explains it clearly, no one blame relic for having bugs in a game, it's ok.

But these kinds of "bugs" are not real bugs, they are just incompetence.

Why did relic, in its greatness, take half of miragefla mod , another mortar for USF and nothing else ?

People like paulas, shadowada and more took a lot of times to tell them "here is a bug" "you should buff this thing and nerf this" ... when relic doesn't take more than 30 min to make these patches.

(But still takes one whole month to fix usf mortar :guyokay: )

That's why i call everyone to, not only bash relic on this forum, but also on their new game forum (DOW 3), facebook and others.

i work in building construction and trust me folks, the only ones who got what they want are the ones who manage to put pressure/stress on the other.
That's exactly what we need to do on relic to get bug fix and balance.

PIGSOUP : that's not ok to lock people's topic without any form of warning, even if you are right.
5 Oct 2016, 17:57 PM

i work in building construction and trust me folks, the only ones who got what they want are the ones who manage to put pressure/stress on the other.
That's exactly what we need to do on relic to get bug fix and balance.

I study law to become a lawyer and i can tell you that isn't how it works. To get things done you will have to negotiate and communicate. The community has managed quite a few times by now let relic listen to what we want, last patch is made for a big part by the community. How did we do it? By making proposals, talk to them on twitchstreams. Not by threatening them with not buying their products or with a boycott or things like that. We gave them inspiration by supporting people who have balancemods and ideas that big parts of the community appreciates. And when they notice such things they add them in patches. Communicating and negotiations.

If we do what you suggest, boycott them and don't give them money, you think you will get what you want? So from where does relic then get his money to pay developers, software, hardware, offices and the list goes on and on. This will ultimately result in a bankrupt relic, consequences are that you will have a dead game in this case a dead coh and probably a dead dow3.

So i don't know where you learned economics, but i suggest you go back to building. Go tear down some walls or build them but not here. Don't build walls between the community and relic we need to build bridges! calling out to people to bash on relic wont help it only makes things worse.
5 Oct 2016, 18:39 PM

I study law to become a lawyer and i can tell you that isn't how it works. To get things done you will have to negotiate and communicate. The community has managed quite a few times by now let relic listen to what we want, last patch is made for a big part by the community. How did we do it? By making proposals, talk to them on twitchstreams. Not by threatening them with not buying their products or with a boycott or things like that. We gave them inspiration by supporting people who have balancemods and ideas that big parts of the community appreciates. And when they notice such things they add them in patches. Communicating and negotiations.

If we do what you suggest, boycott them and don't give them money, you think you will get what you want? So from where does relic then get his money to pay developers, software, hardware, offices and the list goes on and on. This will ultimately result in a bankrupt relic, consequences are that you will have a dead game in this case a dead coh and probably a dead dow3.

So i don't know where you learned economics, but i suggest you go back to building. Go tear down some walls or build them but not here. Don't build walls between the community and relic we need to build bridges! calling out to people to bash on relic wont help it only makes things worse.

Dear attorney:

If you read the post here. PAUL have submitted few bugs six months ago and RELIC did not fix(some bug last 3 years).

Where is your little community? Does PAUL include this little community?

RELIC have to do his job to earn income.

Do not cry for bankrupt because :

1. COH2 insult RED ARMY in story mod(so Russian take COH out from their gaming retail store)

https://www.quora.com/Are-Soviet-portrayals-in-the-game-Company-of-Heroes-2-accurate-1

http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/topic/19520-reasons-why-company-of-heroes-2-got-me-angry/

2. didnt fix the bugs in 3 years. (some other gaming company fix their product in 48 hours)

3. one step forward few step back.

Also if you please MR.Attorney if you want to make a point here please post some evidence(like PAUL post those bug to help RELIC notice the bug).

As consume it is our right to point out what is wrong about the defective product that we are paying for an it is our right to tell people not paying for it until they fix the defective product.

5 Oct 2016, 18:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Oct 2016, 18:39 PMMRKIM

Dear attorney:

If you read the post here. PAUL have submitted few bugs six months ago and RELIC did not fix(some bug last 3 years).

Where is your little community? Does PAUL include this little community?

RELIC have to do his job to earn income.

Do not cry for bankrupt because :
1. COH2 insult RED ARMY in story mod(so Russian take COH out from their gaming retail store)

2. didnt fix the bugs in 3 years. (some other gaming company fix their product in 48 hours)

3. one step forward few step back.

Also if you please MR.Attorney if you want to make a point here please post some evidence(like PAUL post those bug to help RELIC notice the bug).

As consume it is our right to point out what is wrong about the defective product that we are paying for an it is our right to tell people not paying for it until they fix the defective product.

:sibToxic::sibToxic::sibToxic::sibToxic:
5 Oct 2016, 19:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Good stuff, lets save our game. Give Relic credit its like give money to addict. We wait fix of some bugs like few years and balance stuff. Relic need control, when we speak about democracy we speak about public control over authorities. Relic need that control (i know thay are private company) but its only about there work with balance/bugs/optimizations. Relic irresponsible in there work and work with community.
5 Oct 2016, 19:53 PM
Senior Referee Badge

5 Oct 2016, 19:57 PM

Good stuff, lets save our game. Give Relic credit its like give money to addict.

actually, you are right. Only power we got, as consumer, is money so we would be foul to don't use it...

But, saying that relic is going to bankrupt because of us, is a bit extreme LUL. however, a slight decrease of 3 - 4 percent in DOW 3 sales is enough to make the difference between earn and loose money.

The Lnt.599, let me tell you, with much respect (PIGSOUP <444>3) that making proposals and talk to them doesn't work in most of the case.

Just think about it : i sell you a TV, but when you receive it, it looks like it's a chinese fake which is not working : i scammed you !

Would you still "talk" to me and make proposals ? :rolleyes:
or would you threat me to come and punch me in the head ?
5 Oct 2016, 20:03 PM
Patrion 14

But, saying that relic is going to bankrupt because of us, is a bit extreme LUL. however, a slight decrease of 3 - 4 percent in DOW 3 sales is enough to make the difference between earn and loose money.

Are you alright?
5 Oct 2016, 21:27 PM

Are you alright?

I like to get my money worth, paid 50e + at least 10e of commanders for a game barely playable online.

But it sems like it's ok for you to get plucked ? :huhsign:

5 Oct 2016, 23:26 PM

Permanently Banned

actually, you are right. Only power we got, as consumer, is money so we would be foul to don't use it...

The Lnt.599, let me tell you, with much respect (PIGSOUP <444>3) that making proposals and talk to them doesn't work in most of the case.

Just think about it : i sell you a TV, but when you receive it, it looks like it's a chinese fake which is not working : i scammed you !

Would you still "talk" to me and make proposals ? :rolleyes:
or would you threat me to come and punch me in the head ?

Yes, a little :).

Its different situations for us, coh for us are like blood, drug. Coh a situation where two parties must on concession, we have good balance/fix bugs/optimizations relic have happy community, more money from DLC and another new games, coz players see that company work. Another question how coerce relic our requirements.
6 Oct 2016, 12:11 PM

7 Oct 2016, 02:45 AM
Patrion 310

+1
"Truth" is in the eye of the beholder. That's why it's important to communicate and keep an open mind. Try to see things from different perspectives not just your own. If both fans and Relic are self-righteous and narrow-minded then our relationship will become a divorced couple that can't agree on anything.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS