Login

russian armor

Encirclement Doctrine

29 Sep 2016, 19:16 PM

Any tips about encirclement doctirne on 1v1 any advice is important for me as ım not that experienced
29 Sep 2016, 19:21 PM
Donator 11

Honestly? Sorry to say that but the best tip is: don't use it in 1v1. It was designed to work in team games and there is really not much you can get from it in 1v1.
29 Sep 2016, 20:46 PM

Honestly? Sorry to say that but the best tip is: don't use it in 1v1. It was designed to work in team games and there is really not much you can get from it in 1v1.

Thank you ı usually use it for stormtroopers from buildings and sprint is nice sometimes. I dont have elite troops :/
30 Sep 2016, 19:43 PM
2 Oct 2016, 08:06 AM

Seriously this doctrine is quite useless, especially in 1v1.

The 'close the pocket' ability is quite strong but only useful on certain big maps whose design allows you to cut off an important ennemy sector from its HQ. In 1v1 and 2v2 there are nearly no such maps.
In addition, if your opponent is not completly stupid and do not takes hours to react, in order to use this ability you have to commit a lot by sending infantry or even tanks far into the ennemy territory in order to cut off the ennemy sector (and exposing you to flanking/mines).

Stormtrooper are quite fancy because they can pop up from ambient buildings, but are expensive and need a lot of munitions to match panzergrenadier's antiinfantry or antitank DPS (which are a T2 unit ...).

The sprint is cool, but you also have it for example in the Blitzkrieg doctrine which is I think way more stronger.

Most of the time people who use this doctrine (and even very good players) end up by just using some stormtroopers whose role would have also been perfetly fit by panzergrenadiers.

This doctrine gives you nothing very useful in late-game : no hotwitzer, no Tiger, no Elefant ...

2 Oct 2016, 09:15 AM
Donator 11

Seriously this doctrine is quite useless, especially in 1v1.

The 'close the pocket' ability is quite strong but only useful on certain big maps whose design allows you to cut off an important ennemy sector from its HQ. In 1v1 and 2v2 there are nearly no such maps.
In addition, if your opponent is not completly stupid and do not takes hours to react, in order to use this ability you have to commit a lot by sending infantry or even tanks far into the ennemy territory in order to cut off the ennemy sector (and exposing you to flanking/mines).

Stormtrooper are quite fancy because they can pop up from ambient buildings, but are expensive and need a lot of munitions to match panzergrenadier's antiinfantry or antitank DPS (which are a T2 unit ...).

The sprint is cool, but you also have it for example in the Blitzkrieg doctrine which is I think way more stronger.

Most of the time people who use this doctrine (and even very good players) end up by just using some stormtroopers whose role would have also been perfetly fit by panzergrenadiers.

This doctrine gives you nothing very useful in late-game : no hotwitzer, no Tiger, no Elefant ...

The AI of upgunned stormtroopers is much better than pgrens becouse you can use their special ability, similar to the one thompson paras have, that completely melts any squad without a time to react, even a shock troop squad.
2 Oct 2016, 09:33 AM

Stormless already wrote a guide about how to use Encirclement Doctrine in the Ostheer guide section: ‎https://www.coh2.org/guides/36516/stormless-s-encirclement-guide . He did mention 3 2v2 maps that suit the tactic but honestly, in my humble opinion, to actually pull off the almighty "close the pocket" would require you to have an enormous amount of MU. This commander is so heavily MU dependent that i'm afraid in 2v2, without fuel caches, Allies armour would steam roll you before you even have enough MU to use the commander to his upmost (You can save a crap load of MU by not upgrading any troops but in 2v2, that would basically mean suicide).

It could work in 2v2 though (I just got the commander through loot crate, haven't try it out) , but you'll rely heavily on your teammate to help you out until that one specific moment where you can destroy everything. In 1v1, just no. I don't play 1v1, but from what I saw, no one really go this for the "Close the pocket", probably just for Stormtroopers like you said along with the Sprint (The commander was meant to be use in team games anyways) 
2 Oct 2016, 09:36 AM

Yes I forgot about this one, but basically without this ability enabled the DPS is the same between stormtroopers and pgrens (or nearly the same, I don't know the stats).

But you can't pop them up and wipe squads or tanks rapidly like you would do with the partisans since the STG44 or panzerschreck upgrade takes time. Their pop up ability is good to flank some team weapons or to take an advantage in combat but that's it.

I find it very expensive to have to pay an extra 90 munitions to have periodycally-on-steroids panzergrenadiers, not mentionning the fact that you have to pick a quite useless doctrine. I don't say stormtroopers aren't good, but they aren't cost effective.

Honestly this doc is really weaker than the others, like I said apart from stormtroopers it does not offer anything special and useful. For instance, a doc like blitzkrieg is far better in every way : G43s, Tiger, close air support, sprint ... I don't see any situation where Enriclement doctrine would be the best choice.

EDIT : the post aboved said it, the cost of munitions is also very high. The ability is so specific and hard to use ... If your opponent is not too slow to react, he won't lose anything except team weapons since it takes some time for the hotwitzer/rocket barrages and air strikes to begin.
2 Oct 2016, 20:15 PM

the main guestion is u wanna pick this doc instead of which doctrines? and why?
lightning doc,mobile defnse,jaeger armo,mech...
3 Oct 2016, 00:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2016, 20:15 PMSoheil

That's the thing! This commander only 1 very good utility is the "Close the pocket" while other abilities' purposes are to help you utilize this almighty strike. Meanwhile, other commanders can give you many good utilities across the length of the map, can still give you good ‎off-map abilities and some can even give you utilities that act as crutches in case you fall behind. It's like choosing either only punch your enemy once extreme hard at the end of a boxing match or punch him mutiple times (like all boxers) so he don't have time to react or rest. 

Even though, it's hard to deny how powerful this ability is. Yeah you would say they will retreat when the "Close the pocket" is activate. However, considered the fact that 85% of players who play team games don't even use the minimap anyways. Add to this, many just blob and retreat, rinse and repeat while eating ice-cream and literally play with one hand, it would not be surprise if you witness at least 1 entire USF blob die when the ability is activate. Then again, it depends on can you survive until the ability can be used.‎
3 Oct 2016, 11:34 AM

That's the thing! This commander only 1 very good utility is the "Close the pocket" while other abilities' purposes are to help you utilize this almighty strike. Meanwhile, other commanders can give you many good utilities across the length of the map, can still give you good ‎off-map abilities and some can even give you utilities that act as crutches in case you fall behind. It's like choosing either only punch your enemy once extreme hard at the end of a boxing match or punch him mutiple times (like all boxers) so he don't have time to react or rest. 

Even though, it's hard to deny how powerful this ability is. Yeah you would say they will retreat when the "Close the pocket" is activate. However, considered the fact that 85% of players who play team games don't even use the minimap anyways. Add to this, many just blob and retreat, rinse and repeat while eating ice-cream and literally play with one hand, it would not be surprise if you witness at least 1 entire USF blob die when the ability is activate. Then again, it depends on can you survive until the ability can be used.‎

all said almost true,but i only talking about good opponents man ,and this ability doesnt solve the problem by itself.
all this doc has it and almost useless vs pro.
3 Oct 2016, 13:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Oct 2016, 20:15 PMSoheil
Im using mechanised mobile defense and encicrlement. I don't have the other rare commanders. Thats why ım picking it
3 Oct 2016, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2016, 13:35 PMSSmk3
Im using mechanised mobile defense and encicrlement. I don't have the other rare commanders. Thats why ım picking it

you should know which doctrines you are comfortable with them...rare not imortant man,although when i was beginner i was looking for rare and uncomon doc...but situation has changed ....
6 Oct 2016, 14:52 PM

On the mid to lower level encirclement doctrine is in my opinion absolutely valid. You essentially play Ostheer without a doctrine until you reach 12 CP (which will teach you a thing or two as well). Then you unleash the beast.

You should not abandon the doctrine, because it is so so so much fun when it works. Players are not used to see it. They get completely caught off guard. I just bought the commander recently after I saw Stormless using it and in several games close the pocket sealed the deal. It was especially hilarious because I was able to use it against cancer brits players twice. EVERYTHING gets leveled.

Higher up it may not be valid. But down here where I am it works and god is it fun when the enemy gets hit by gods wrath. Play for fun. Just my two cents.
8 Oct 2016, 14:17 PM

On the mid to lower level encirclement doctrine is in my opinion absolutely valid. You essentially play Ostheer without a doctrine until you reach 12 CP (which will teach you a thing or two as well). Then you unleash the beast.

You should not abandon the doctrine, because it is so so so much fun when it works. Players are not used to see it. They get completely caught off guard. I just bought the commander recently after I saw Stormless using it and in several games close the pocket sealed the deal. It was especially hilarious because I was able to use it against cancer brits players twice. EVERYTHING gets leveled.

Higher up it may not be valid. But down here where I am it works and god is it fun when the enemy gets hit by gods wrath. Play for fun. Just my two cents.

Don't forget to use the Stormtroopers though. With StG44s and Tactical Advance, Stormtroopers are a beast! Don't play without a doctrine (Especially if your commander choice has Stormtroopers). And to restate my old statement, actually it's not that hard to get 200 MU in the match as Ostheer. You will at least get 1 chance to use the Close the Pocket (I got to use it twice, but just lucky I guess), but trust me, when you know where they are, it's just so satisfy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★