Login

russian armor

Grenadier 4-man Squad: A thing of the past.

PAGES (9)down
8 Sep 2016, 09:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2016, 09:22 AMRiCE
allied vet3 bonuses which function like OKW vet5 is also f*cked up

One of, if not the biggest gripe i have with balance right now.
8 Sep 2016, 09:27 AM

What do you suggest then?

The exact same thing I suggested in the million of exactly same threads before this one, in which you participated as well, so you know damn well and if not, you have a million of exactly same threads to look it up.
8 Sep 2016, 09:35 AM

The exact same thing I suggested in the million of exactly same threads before this one, in which you participated as well, so you know damn well and if not, you have a million of exactly same threads to look it up.

L2P?
8 Sep 2016, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2016, 00:24 AMTobis

Let's just remove every faction and only have Ostheer vs Ostheer mirror matches. Perfectly balanced game now.

You want balance? Cause that's how you get balance, otherwise I think we're all open to suggestions, sadly Relic will probably never implement them.

How about any more changes like OP suggests and we might just as well remove one of the axis factions and put its units as doctrinal choices, because soon, name will be the only difference between them?

Both of the Armies are representing the Wehrmacht during it's 2 stages of the war, so I don't see the need to replace, rename and whatever else, their entire function is the same, while in CoH, PE represented more of a Mechanized division rather than the entire Germany Army at one point in the war, you could say the Wehrmacht there was a sort of mix between an Infantry Division supporting a Panzer Division or something like that.
8 Sep 2016, 09:55 AM

Yeah..and the brits had emplacments where u can sit woith a morta and dont give a fu ck if the germans shot u with kingtiger, stukas, grenades, flametrowers etc

u sit and shoot
8 Sep 2016, 10:01 AM

Yeah..and the brits had emplacments where u can sit woith a morta and dont give a fu ck if the germans shot u with kingtiger, stukas, grenades, flametrowers etc

u sit and shoot

Then give the fucking Brits a fucking mobile mortar and make the fucking mortar emplacement into a mother fucking emplacement which can be garrisoned by the mother fucking mortar teams and they receive bonuses at their vet 1 like the mother fucking Vickers.

I've had it with these mother fucking snakes on this mother fucking plane.
8 Sep 2016, 10:08 AM

u sit and shoot

I don't get one thing.
Why do you whine all the time in balance forum instead of looking for advice in strategy section?
8 Sep 2016, 10:27 AM

Shit man, couldn't find it. Could you indulge me again about your suggestions towards grenadier balance.
8 Sep 2016, 10:39 AM

Shit man, couldn't find it. Could you indulge me again about your suggestions towards grenadier balance.

Squad spread mirrored to tommies, LMGs limit to 1, there, infantry engagements fixed and balanced without crippling any faction in the process with silly suggestions that don't have a chance to appear outside of mods.
8 Sep 2016, 10:52 AM

I was playing a bit of axis last night and I have to say I agree with all the complaints about grenadier weakness. Sure they can be played effectively and all that, but they just seem to not have the same power as other base infantry squads. Well mainly volks and rifleman. Cons have the own issues(as they always have, but that is a separate discussion).

So why not give Grenadiers a 5th man with a corresponding cost increase?

4 man squads are just too vulnerable to be mainline infantry. Lose 1 man and you've lost 25% of your DPS (unupgraded), lose 2 men and you have to retreat. Maybe some changes need to be made elsewhere too, but I think this would give Ostheer what they need.

The whole point of the 4 man squad was for some asymmetrical balance between Sov and Ost. Well now you've got three other factions in the mix and some of the balance systems for Ostheer and Soviets are just antiquated and need to be revisited.

Trolol
8 Sep 2016, 11:52 AM

Squad spread mirrored to tommies, LMGs limit to 1, there, infantry engagements fixed and balanced without crippling any faction in the process with silly suggestions that don't have a chance to appear outside of mods.

Hey, balance expert, how about we test these changes first eh? I know how we can do that! Make a mod and give us the link so we see if it'll be fixed like you said it would be.

Otherwise all that you're saying here is thin air without any proof to back it up with.
8 Sep 2016, 15:48 PM

Hey, balance expert, how about we test these changes first eh? I know how we can do that! Make a mod and give us the link so we see if it'll be fixed like you said it would be.

Otherwise all that you're saying here is thin air without any proof to back it up with.

I was a strong proponent of a fifth man for grenadiers for a while.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=405996712
(Spoiler: They're stronger versions of volks and get LMGs. The cost of 280mp isn't enough.)

Not so much anymore, unless Assault grens becomes a unit upgrade that adds the 5th man. That way Ostheer can have their mp40 squad without losing their faust. Different, but maybe not better. I much prefer changes that help alleviate the more underlying issues with the faction or even all the factions.

Improving entity spread in cover and while pathing is critical.

Things that I actually think would help Ostheer immensely:

Recrewing team weapons using 2 men instead of 3 for Ostheer.
Merge ability for Grens (Maybe one that can only be used on team weapons.)
Self-healing medpacks or Sturmpio variety of medpacks.
8 Sep 2016, 16:51 PM

I was a strong proponent of a fifth man for grenadiers for a while.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=405996712
(Spoiler: They're stronger versions of volks and get LMGs. The cost of 280mp isn't enough.)

Not so much anymore, unless Assault grens becomes a unit upgrade that adds the 5th man. That way Ostheer can have their mp40 squad without losing their faust. Different, but maybe not better. I much prefer changes that help alleviate the more underlying issues with the faction or even all the factions.

Improving entity spread in cover and while pathing is critical.

Things that I actually think would help Ostheer immensely:

Recrewing team weapons using 2 men instead of 3 for Ostheer.
Merge ability for Grens (Maybe one that can only be used on team weapons.)
Self-healing medpacks or Sturmpio variety of medpacks.

I've seen it and done it myself, but I was asking Katitof about his suggestion, not mine.

And I keep forgetting to add that they should be properly balanced afterwards, not just buffed but buffed accordingly so they don't overperform too much, we've talked about this, Katitof is trying to be a smart guy.

And yeah I was wondering if it's possible to make an assault package for them so they can become Assault Grens without having to call in an additional squad, so you get 2 options in a single squad, but I also wanted to change their name and give them additional abilities.

Improving spread and pathfinding should apply to all infantry units, not just Grens or Wehrmacht infantry.

I agree with the last 2 points you made about the Wehrmacht, but I don't think Relic will bother.

Dont mess with him hes some Kind of ceo lead head game Designer on super some secret, succesfull game :banana:

Thin fucking air, that's what he is along with his points until he proves otherwise.
8 Sep 2016, 17:09 PM

Think I finally found a post of yours that I can agree with. This sounds almost as if you perceive the widely accepted fact that there is an imbalance, unlike in your other posts. Keep up the good work.
8 Sep 2016, 17:14 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You want balance? Cause that's how you get balance, otherwise I think we're all open to suggestions, sadly Relic will probably never implement them.

Both of the Armies are representing the Wehrmacht during it's 2 stages of the war, so I don't see the need to replace, rename and whatever else, their entire function is the same, while in CoH, PE represented more of a Mechanized division rather than the entire Germany Army at one point in the war, you could say the Wehrmacht there was a sort of mix between an Infantry Division supporting a Panzer Division or something like that.

I think you missed the sarcasm in those two posts....
8 Sep 2016, 17:33 PM

When USF got a mortar, nobody complained that 2 allied factions already got their own mortars, on top of that -superior mortars than Axis ones. Now somebody suggests adding another model to the weakest possible infantry squad in the game, and you're all screaming about how it will be too simillar to the other Axis faction?

What a joke
8 Sep 2016, 18:07 PM

When USF got a mortar, nobody complained that 2 allied factions already got their own mortars, on top of that -superior mortars than Axis ones. Now somebody suggests adding another model to the weakest possible infantry squad in the game, and you're all screaming about how it will be too simillar to the other Axis faction?

What a joke

Removing double upgrades and fix spacing would have a similar effect. It doesn't have to be 5 men squads. There seems to be a wider audience for that suggestion overall.
8 Sep 2016, 18:40 PM

Some other people have said this already, and I agree, its not that grens are bad, its that vet bonuses are so absurd right now for squads like rifles. RA bonuses have gone way too far (like elite armor and beyond far in coh 1) which makes grens have difficulty dropping enemy models before they lost their own.
8 Sep 2016, 19:17 PM

Simply, either reduce the received accuracy or allow PGrens to have fifth model(since they are not screening and merely designed to assault) Give them proper camouflages/uniforms for gods sake, not rainforest camouflage like a goddamn indo-chinese army.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS