Login

russian armor

USF Armor Company ability : Vehicle Crew Thompson upgrade

6 Sep 2016, 18:03 PM

Is it worth to use this ability ? Dump 90 munitions for this ?
yeah Armor Company so popular but no one use this ability EVER !!!
6 Sep 2016, 18:04 PM

I use it, when I'm stomping people into the dirt, but then when that happens I usually don't pick Armor Company~
There are dozens of better ways to spend your Munitions as USF.
6 Sep 2016, 18:25 PM

The most insane ability in game.
Insta win.
Inta wipe.
No need to say more. Most OP in game :snfPeter:
6 Sep 2016, 18:56 PM

I'd really love to learn the rationale for this ability.
6 Sep 2016, 19:19 PM

I'd really love to learn the rationale for this ability.

"Look guys, we can't have a commander with 5 useful abilities unless it's paid DLC. So get rid of the vetercy thing and replace it with something stupid. I dunno, thompsons. Yes, yes we'll still call it elite crews and we can still use the same artwork."
6 Sep 2016, 20:31 PM
Donator 22

totally useless.
only use: teabagging your enemy, like bike spam :-)
6 Sep 2016, 21:51 PM
Patrion 14

tried using it extensively months ago. they are quiet good imo. niche ability in not-top tier commander but fun to use.
6 Sep 2016, 22:40 PM

Bruh, better than shock troops

Those guys can secretly recrew dead bodies.
6 Sep 2016, 23:41 PM

One thing that many people don't know, all usf units have a "secret" vehicle XP, you can test this in your game, for example, when you get your first sherman, put one of your rifleman inside it, it will probably be vet2. this happens to all units, every time you do damage you get experience.

So using this logic you can get thompsons on your m20 or stuart crew, fight a bunch of infantry with them and when you finally get some jacksons or shermans you can put them inside and get a instant vet2 or 3 tank.

but this is too much of a risk IMO since crews dies so easily and are very expensive to reinforce
6 Sep 2016, 23:41 PM

I suppose maaaaaaybe it could be useful if you somehow found yourself with an extra vehicle crew, e.g. you bailed out of a tank that then got destroyed. But even then 90mun is too much.
7 Sep 2016, 00:04 AM

this ability could be anything else and it would be better.

Like a cheap call in crew to replace abandoned vehicles crews.

Or maybe a buff to crew repairs. or maybe a dig in ability like the OST has.

so many possibilities, but relic chose something utterly useless...
7 Sep 2016, 00:36 AM

Its a good taunt if you use them as main infantry.
7 Sep 2016, 20:15 PM

I just play armor company for this ability. I don't even use the tanks I just get the crew out so I can use thompson of death upgrade. I send wall of thompson crew into enemy and they are destroy. I works everytime use this tactic and you will be #2 on leaderboard (i'll still be #1).

7 Sep 2016, 23:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2016, 19:19 PMWygrif

"Look guys, we can't have a commander with 5 useful abilities unless it's paid DLC. So get rid of the vetercy thing and replace it with something stupid. I dunno, thompsons. Yes, yes we'll still call it elite crews and we can still use the same artwork."

You know, if the upgrade provided thompsons and the ability to get vet 5 vehicle crews, we would be rich.
8 Sep 2016, 00:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2016, 19:19 PMWygrif

veterancy thing ? Did I miss something ? When did they change armor company?
8 Sep 2016, 13:31 PM

veterancy thing ? Did I miss something ? When did they change armor company?

I was just guessing about why they decided on thompsons and why they decided to call that "elite vehicle crews." Seems likely that once upon a time it had to do with making vehicle crews elite, rather than crappy imitation shock troops.
8 Sep 2016, 14:10 PM

I've wondered if this was a relic of vehicle crew development. Like maybe vehicle crews couldn't repair without this ability at one point in development. A pity we'll never know!
8 Sep 2016, 14:17 PM

I guess it is overpriced for putting it on a squad that is vulnerable to wipes and also you miss out on the super glue if you use them as combat unit and recrew with REs instead. Makes more sense to upgrade your actual combat squads with nice stuff instead. Armor company is popular for other reasons and there are plenty of abilities on other commanders that are not really useful either.
8 Sep 2016, 14:22 PM

Once had a game where a guy used the decrew exploit, Relic calls this an ability, to get a huge army against me as Ostheer. I eventually was able to destroy multiple tanks, but he kept the crews alive and upgraded them thompsons.

He then used these 4 squads with thompsons as a deep flanking tactical group. It was very painful.
8 Sep 2016, 14:40 PM

in my opinion super glue was supposed to be this commander ability but then they changed it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★