Login

russian armor

BF1 Beta your opinion

30 Aug 2016, 15:25 PM

Just wondering. Just played it. And it feels really enjoable, feels like there is much less BS in general and gameplay is more or less fair for all Air\Armor\Inf play. Also I liked optimisation. Because my specs are much lower then recomended specs for Battlefront 2, I never played it, so I cant say if I could ran in on ulty thought, but BF1 works for me on 60-80 FPS on ulta, without blur (because its shit)

Only thing I dont like - it feels like support and medic classes are kinda meh, compare to scout and assault. Because scout can use range to kill his targets, while assault totaly dominates at close range via MP18. Medic and support feels kinda in between, without any feelable counter play in that case.
30 Aug 2016, 16:24 PM

Assault and scout are probably the two best classes at the moment. Medic way too often gets caught with its pants down with the semi-auto rifles.
30 Aug 2016, 19:15 PM

So you are going to buy the base game with limited options and then be in need to buy every other cashgrab dlc plan that should have been in the original game but was decided to be dlc because of money hungry EA?

Game looks decent, but I fear a lot of people are sick and tired of this insane milking by the gaming industry.
30 Aug 2016, 20:19 PM

So you are going to buy the base game with limited options and then be in need to buy every other cashgrab dlc plan that should have been in the original game but was decided to be dlc because of money hungry EA?

Game looks decent, but I fear a lot of people are sick and tired of this insane milking by the gaming industry.

Well EA DLC policy is frustrating sometimes, but from perspective of "I want new contern why should I pay for it".

On the other hand game like CoH2 had and has more or less P2W contentent, and only relently you get possabilily to but it via in-game cash.

At least EA not forcing you to buy DLC, all you miss - new maps pretty much. But DLC is always was problem for EA, because almost all DLC maps servers were empty.

Not to mention BF1 premium, not giving you such insane bonnuses and advante over other players, like BF4 premium. So I'm fine with that.
30 Aug 2016, 22:02 PM

Battlefield DLC has never been that bad compared to the rest of the industry. Its like what, $60 for all the new maps (packaged with new tools and weapons normally) over the course of 2 years. Compare that to COH2 with over $100 of COH2 commanders, dumbass faceplates, mediocre vehicle retextures, etc....all of which is some of the easiest new assets to add in the game.

RB6 Siege and Red Orch 2 have the best DLC business models ever as far as I'm concerned, everyone gets the new maps but you must buy or earn the new operators (RB6) or locked to barebones bolt action rifle class on the new Pacific Theatre maps (RO2). That said another $60 isn't too much extortion for a game that has a 3 year life span. Unlike certain last gen console games *cough Halo 3 cough* you aren't locked out of matchmaking because you didn't but the new stuff. If you play BF a lot its not a bad deal, if you don't then play on vanilla servers.
30 Aug 2016, 22:55 PM

I understand your points. My point is, they determine in advance what will be DLC and what will be in the base game purely for sales and money. I just find this revolting.
30 Aug 2016, 23:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

How dare they have business. Disgusting
Anyway

Can't wait to play this beta after class tonight. CruW
31 Aug 2016, 04:50 AM

Never buying another DICE/EA product until they clean up their shit. Battlefront was the last straw.
31 Aug 2016, 15:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Everything feels so damn smooth. Never rode on a horse before in a game that wasn't a clusterfuck of getting stuck on every bush, this game feels like the horse knows where you want to go.
31 Aug 2016, 18:07 PM

The good:
graphics and performance (at 50% res scale 70-90fps on my 970)
melee combat is brutal and fun
no more red dots all over minimap, listening and game sense more important
aerial combat and vehicles in general more enjoyable than BF3 and 4
the map is really good

The bad:
Female voice for announce wut
Time limit for conquest
Carbines feel really underpowered. Strictly medium range without much utility. Maybe the map in beta is just the worst place to use them and they work fine elsewhere idk.

31 Aug 2016, 18:42 PM

It's only beta, but I was sick after playing 30 mins, because how beta lacks map variety. But anyway seems a bit different from 3 and 4, I like that. Maybe I'll get the deluxe or what they call it on a sale.
31 Aug 2016, 19:16 PM

Well Medics are kinda meh, but I think its not problem with their weapons, but overpower nature of Assault class. I.m. look at Verdun at this case. Only german and US have acces to powerfull automatic weapons against bolt-action rifles, but its balance thought rate-of-fire, accuracy and reload animation.

Its kinda stupid that 10 round carabin which is in general much less deadly then SMG requare more time to reload.

I say they should just nerf SMG ROF or accuracy, because you can damage pretty badly with SMG even at long-med distance and then finish player with few pistol shots.

Also I really enjoyed playing as scout with Gewer bolt-action rifle, feels really good. ALso it strange because it seems like if you have scope on your bolt action rifle its much harder to hit target with it.
31 Aug 2016, 19:36 PM

The good:
graphics and performance (at 50% res scale 70-90fps on my 970)
melee combat is brutal and fun
no more red dots all over minimap, listening and game sense more important
aerial combat and vehicles in general more enjoyable than BF3 and 4
the map is really good

The bad:
Female voice for announce wut
Time limit for conquest
Carbines feel really underpowered. Strictly medium range without much utility. Maybe the map in beta is just the worst place to use them and they work fine elsewhere idk.

You can change voice to male in menu.

Anyway seems servers are ded now, cant login. :guyokay:
5 Sep 2016, 02:53 AM

Just had a really fun match of Rush. Those little one man tanks are awesome, and everybody kept ignoring it for some reason, so I was giving soldiers canister blasts up the arse all over the place.

Also, I said it before and I'll say it again: EA have really produced something amazing with their dedication to developing the Frostbite engine. It looks incredible and runs easily. Time to port COH2!
5 Sep 2016, 05:30 AM

Its a business :snfPeter:
5 Sep 2016, 05:31 AM

Just had a really fun match of Rush. Those little one man tanks are awesome, and everybody kept ignoring it for some reason, so I was giving soldiers canister blasts up the arse all over the place.

Also, I said it before and I'll say it again: EA have really produced something amazing with their dedication to developing the Frostbite engine. It looks incredible and runs easily. Time to port COH2!

Light Tanks... are the best. People just pick the landboats more often for transport purposes and heavy tanks for taht too :P
6 Sep 2016, 17:45 PM

I’ve only played 2-3 rounds so I have not had all that much experience with it so far. Have to say I’m mixed but mostly disappointed with it.
Graphics were nice and I was entertained by the gameplay but overall didn’t really feel like anything new and it definitely didn’t feel like they captured a sense of what WW1 was like in any means. Currently I feel that the game is neither an enticing online experience or an interesting historical simulator.

My biggest issue with the game is the bolt actions. I hate, I mean hate, that bolt actions are semi autos. One of my favorite MP weapons of all time was the Kar98 in CoH2. Yes, I realize that was a decade ago but I was excited for a return of open sights bolt action to MP. What better way to do that than a WW1 game? Rather than making bolt actions powerful they made them stupid and weak to cater to a “fast pace”. Bolt actions need to do instant kill for headshot and 80-90% damage on body shots.
SMGs also have far too much effective range. They need to balance it in that SMGs slaughter bolt actions up close but SMGs can’t even touch bolt actions at long range and do very little damage at mid. Instead they have some weird soft counter system where SMGs are basically assault rifles while bolt actions are semi-autos. Makes no sense to me. None.

I don’t care for the vehicles. They are overly powerful and far too maneuverable. Yes I get that it’s an MP game and the AT7 tank isn’t going to go 3MPH, but these tanks don’t even feel like tanks to me. Sure the mechanics of it are smooth but it’s way too smooth IMO. There needs to be some sluggishness/jerkiness just to give it that tank feel. And they move a bit too fast at top speed. Also, anti-tank options aren’t that great especially if the opposing team has lots of gunners in the tank and some infantry is supporting it.

And WHY, WHY is the announcer female?!?!
No, I’m not sexists it’s just completely out of place for a WW1 setting. Sci-fi or modern setting female voice is great but WW1. Feels off.

Just my thoughts for what its worth.
6 Sep 2016, 18:52 PM

the game is a reskin of battlefront. its way to easy.

they took all the skill out that bf4 had. sniping is wayy to easy. it feels like a arcade game instead of war.

over hyped and a huge disappointment
8 Sep 2016, 18:23 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I had fun running and gunning w 8 or 9 Reborn clan members for a few days. Brought back some feels for old BF2 days w AWOL clan (Lynskey, X-com, Jarl and the gang). We all got to know each other ~10 years ago playing BF2, we all switched to COH, and we've all been looking for something to play together ever since (COH2 fractured our clan, as most of our members lost interest in it very quickly). I'd love to find a game that brought us all together again, but the huge price tag and DLC plan have us on the fence about whether or not to get BF1.

We're afraid of the game getting stale fast (after the honeymoon period of learning the new maps and tactics) or getting ruined by maphackers (like BF2 was). I couldn't believe it, I actually ran into a maphacker in the BF1 beta! And the hacks are all over youtube. Seeing that stuff come up so fast is really discouraging, as one maphacker in a round can completely ruin the experience for everybody.
8 Sep 2016, 18:43 PM

I've enjoyed it so far.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight