Login

russian armor

Lags! All the time! WHY??????

• This thread is locked
21 Jul 2013, 19:54 PM

Since 2 weeks ago the game is really unplayable for me and my friends. There are problems with connecting to each other and if we finally find a game it lags out in the first few minutes in ca 90% of the times. Also if anyone drops then the game runs smootly. I already googled the problem and it seems that a lot of people have the same problems. I don't understand it, because there was a time where it ran without any problems. It would be nice to get a response from relic about this problem. For 60€ i aspect at least a game that is playable!

PS: Please don't respond with blaming my Hardware or internet connection or the ones of my friends. Both are easily good enough for this game.
21 Jul 2013, 21:44 PM
Donator 11

this game is dead to me, it had potential to be truly great but relic dont care about quality anymore.. to ship a game where every game has input lag is unforgivable.. actually.. most things in coh2 feels unpolished.
raw
21 Jul 2013, 22:18 PM

Yeah, the networking is terrible. Today I had 3 games and in every single one of them at least one disconnect.
21 Jul 2013, 22:33 PM

Average unit response time is one second for me.

It's pretty embarrassing that I have to play a micro-centric RTS where everybody has input delay. You can't dodge anything unless you predict them before you even see anything.
21 Jul 2013, 22:45 PM

yes it is very hard to find a game with no lag, and the unit response time is rather annoying. hopefully in all good time everything will be fixed :)
22 Jul 2013, 16:03 PM

I also didn't play a normal game since 2 weeks. Every game someone gets kicked or I get kicked my self.

It cannot be my hardware, because thats fast enough:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 ve CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 12.288MB RAM
Videocard: AMD Radeon HD 7950

I gave up playin coh2 and went to coh1 again.
raw
22 Jul 2013, 16:34 PM

Hey Locots, have you tried forwarding the proper ports? It helps a little with disconnects on your end.
22 Jul 2013, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 16:34 PMraw
Hey Locots, have you tried forwarding the proper ports? It helps a little with disconnects on your end.

I've opened all ports.
22 Jul 2013, 18:46 PM
Benefactor 115

those aren't the correct ports

these ones however are! https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711
22 Jul 2013, 19:28 PM

GMT+1 in France

that every time lag, or cannot join party around 21h 22h
22 Jul 2013, 21:05 PM

this evening again every body were lagging cause of steam, i'm sure............. too boring
23 Jul 2013, 18:56 PM

So after opening all the described ports I can tell you that this wasn't the problem. It is still lagging as before and I am really getting pissed off now. This can't be an ongoing issue. I mean it is a good game, but what does that give you when you can't play it?
23 Jul 2013, 22:43 PM

There does seem to be something wrong with the lag. It feels worse than any other game I've got right now including other P2P ones. My system and internet connection are fantastic and playing with people whose setups I know are fine it is still bad.

1v1 is just barely acceptable most of the time, 2v2+ is usually unplayable micro-wise especially as the game goes on.
25 Jul 2013, 20:53 PM

btw same shit in COH1. It has same issues. Must be Steam....
10 Aug 2013, 20:59 PM

Sorry to bump this threat, but I have the same issues for about 3 weeks now and am starting to get desperate.

I do not have the latest rig avaiable, but it still should be able to run CoH2 without any Problems:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 560
16k DSL

The game runs smooth in single Player, but to make sure I have set the game settings to the lowest possible quality for MP. I have installed the latest drivers and I also have forwarded the required ports as described in post #9.

It doesn´t matter, I still can´t finnish 4 games out of 5 due to lag.
Usually the "Arsti is lagging" messages start to pop up half a minute into the game, followed by a votekick at about 4 minutes. It can´t be me getting matched up with people from the far side of the world, the same will haben when I play compstomps with RL friends (they won´t kick me of corse, but they too get annoyed by the votekick messages popping up once per minute).

It was fine back in beta and for the first few weeks after release. I even upgraded to the collectors edition back then. Now I´m starting to regret this decision as the game has become pretty much unplayable.

Does anybody have an idea what else I could try out? Has there been an official word from relic about the issue? Similar Topics are appearing all over the steam forums.
10 Aug 2013, 21:53 PM

I can explain you the commanddelay and lags in Multiplayer.
Its a fault by Relics Essence Engine.

In Dawn of War 2 it was the same Commanddelay and you have to play Multiplayer by Peer 2 Peer.

Relics Essence Engine is bad written in sort of the networkcode.

Every game, which use the Relic Essence Engine 2.0 or higher, will have P2P and commanddelay.

So, every game with the Relic Essence Engine 2.0 or higher, is not able for competition or E-Sports, beacause Command delay.

But anyway, good game.
10 Aug 2013, 23:21 PM

Command delay is annoying, but at least it affects everyone and won´t stop you from playing the game.

What I don´t get however why some people (including me) get lag-kicked most of the time and can´t even finnish a game.
It worked a few weeks ago, so I wonder what could have been changed.

EDIT:

I can´t believe I missed that post on the official Forum:
http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/company-of-heroes-2-discussion/topics/Official-Thread-Lag-Command-Delay
Apparently this is a very widespread issue that prevents a quite large number of people from playing the game. Relic however is aware of the issue and trying to find a sollution. You can help them by sending your error logs after getting kicked out of the game, further details are in the link above.

Keep your fingers crossed the guys at Relic can sort it out.
24 Aug 2013, 23:51 PM

I'm still having the same lag-kick issue. Sent a complaint to Sega about it. I'm almost certain it's not (or at least not just) on my end, just because three consecutive games display completely different levels of lag with no obvious difference in the internet connection.

It seems absurd offering a lag kick option for often unperceivable lag in 1v1. For heavy lag it's more understandable.
25 Aug 2013, 02:02 AM

Average unit response time is one second for me.

It's pretty embarrassing that I have to play a micro-centric RTS where everybody has input delay. You can't dodge anything unless you predict them before you even see anything.

I'm sure there's a .gif out there somewhere that acccurately depicts my face when the grenade I was so gleeful to have seen coming so early, still hits and kill half of my jubbly conscipts because of that pesky input delay.

I actually played a 1v1 vs. the AI today, and it was inredibly good fun. Do you know why? Because there was absolutely no input delay! *cheers*

I honestly hope this is something that gets fixed soon, since it could very well be something that might deter new-faces, or burn people out easily. The general lag is why when my friend asks if I'd like to play 3v3s/4v4s, I blurt out a resounding "NO. GOD NO!" in response
5 Sep 2016, 23:16 PM

Did a battle and fix the input lag issue until next badluck Brian "patch"

** AMD CHIPSET BIOS SETTINGS (Intel has similar functions with different names)
Cool'n'Quiet-Disable
C1E -Disable
EPU -Disable
This is from ASUS mobo, check your motherboard manual for energy saving anything and disable those.

TPU: Avoid using TPU or auto-overclocking with this Chipset
Use DOCP for non-clocked and Manual to overclock a static setting rather than one that changes cpu MHz during game stress.
Personal tests showed that CoH2 does not take it well for unknown reason. Other CPU heavy games had no problems to my knowledge and experience from using auto-overclocking functions in AMD chipset Mobo (personally I use ASUS)
Tests were done with 4 players vs 4xAI expert pop cap 250

Removing Replay function: Major effect to FPS
My Documents / My games / Company of heroes 2 / PLAYBACK folder
-ALT-doubleclick temp.rec, might have file temp_tow.rec too
-Go to Security tab - click EDIT button.
-EDITING Account rights:
-Upper box has listed default (3)your account/admin/system.
-1by1 click upper box accounts and from lower box click DENY WRITE
-When you have done this to ALL accounts in the upper box click OK
-Repeat process if there is 2nd file in the Playback folder w/_ToW abbrew
This _tow file is the replay for last Theater of War gamemode.
If you do not play Theater of War gamemode then skip the second file.
There are instructions to do this directly to the playback folder rather than files. Avoid doing that.

WINDOWS POWER SAVING SETTINGS (Laptop owners specially should check this)
This phase can be done with Razer Cortex game booster automatically.
-Start button - Control panel - Hardware & Sound - Power
-Change plan settings - Advanced power settings
-PCI Express: Link state... : OFF
-Processor power management: System Cooling policy: Active
-Maximum processor state should be 100% by default, re-check to make sure.

Port forwarding for steam from your router/firewall is also recommended.
Steam uses it's own port system for all games. Some routers have settings ready made just need to activate them and direct them to your computer. Google instructions on specific routers and steam required ports if not included in the router premade. Info is abundantly available, recommend portforwarding.com

So in the end of my week hunt for command/input lag ingame with 4 expert AI's I found out it's the crapload of energy saving functions stacked skyhigh on modern systems in several layers what caused the majority of the problem. And ofc the epic coding skills of Relic what made me suspect they hire the guys Microsoft tosses out.
And no THQ did know how to code and fix if there's a problem. Relic does it the other way around.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 55
Poland 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment