Login

russian armor

Could we remove the call-in's?

Would the game be better or worse this way?
Option Distribution Votes
37%
7%
57%
Total votes: 30
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
24 Aug 2016, 13:48 PM

Other than making games longer before we see tanks, how else would forcing all call in vehicles to require the relevant tech affect the game?:

M10 - Maj
Ostwind - SPHQ
Crock - Hammer/Anvil
Stug - T3
Tiger - T4

etc etc.

Having these units available whilst skipping tech just feels cheap, whilst your opponent has just spent 120+ fuel to tech and then spend another 100+ for a tank you just wait for the relevant CP's and pop out a tank that can kill those tanks due to power in numbers, for a lot less.

90 Fuel for an M10, 180 for 2 270 for 3, If you went maj that's 120 fuel, which, for the same cost would leave you with 150, that's a pick of ONE tank from the USF roster. Granted that one tank is most likely superior by itself to the M10, but 3 M10's outclass any Tank in the USF arsenal and when micro'd properly make easy work of even a Tiger.

Again sticking with the M10's, these are released at 9CP, this CP is unlocked around, give or take roughly the time we can expect tanks to hit the field if not just before, but as I mentioned earlier the enemy if techd normally will only be able to call in one tank at this time Vs your hypothetical 3.

I just fail to see the reason NOT to go a commander that has these call ins, can anyone enlighten me as to why we have yet to go the direction we went with the E8's with all call ins?

The ONLY negative affect I can see would be no one using the commanders anymore as it negates the main advantage of tech skipping, but in my eyes, that's not a bad thing as it would force people into using a combined arsenal, rather than just Zerging cheap, replaceable tanks.
aaa
24 Aug 2016, 13:58 PM

only part of the problem

oh lights unlock 300/60
su light unlock 525/130
same story with other unit types

teching prices must be similar
24 Aug 2016, 14:14 PM

Nope.

Current call-ins create huge amount of strats and provide great gameplay and amazing come backs.

If OST needed T4 for Tiger lol RIP OST since OST often crawls for entire game, waiting for Tiger to have a chance to make a comeback.

Only 3 commanders are problematic in terms of call-ins since they allow to completly skip a tech and still prove access to power AI and AT.

Shock army with KV8 + IS2.
Mechanized with Stug E + Tiger
Armor with M10 and Bulldozer.

Other commanders are fine.
Ostwind is not miracale unit that allows to skip tech.
Neither Puma, nor KV1, nor Croc, nor Tiger.

M4C can be also bit problematic.
24 Aug 2016, 14:26 PM

Call-ins are part of what makes this game unique,so they should stay.
24 Aug 2016, 15:13 PM

Make them man power only so they are fucking expensive and if you don't tech all your fuel go to waste
24 Aug 2016, 15:30 PM

I don't see then why the 34-85 have to remain tech linked then. Sure they come in good docs but so does the tiger. When I used rifle company when ez8s were non tech linked I still always teched to major to rush a reg sherman for its better ai or needed stronger at to pair jackson with the ez8s as well on most maps needing the major for fwd retreat to more pressure on the enemy.

Because there generalist tanks? So is the tiger, a more expensive one but the best generalist next to KT.

Couldn't we at least make it so once you tech t4 for 34-85 and ez8 that it then unlocks the call in button so I don't have to spend the extra minute or what have you waiting for it to be built?

And on another note since Aussie mentioned it the m4c fucking sucks, that thing is a POS. Compare it stats on cruzzs site. I would love to see it reverted back to what it was when it first came out and was actually use full and more like the ez8 with less pen but better AI and speed wouldn;t care if it had to cost more.
24 Aug 2016, 23:12 PM
Patrion 14

Call-ins will always be the dominant strategy for the pure fact you always save resources (and thus, units on the field and time to get there) by not teching than you do with going the "normal" rout.

It's no coincidence the most "meta" commanders and strategies revolve around call-in infantry and tanks.
24 Aug 2016, 23:15 PM
Patrion 14

price reduction when built within tier would be better idea.
24 Aug 2016, 23:20 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I made basically the exact same thread a few weeks back

https://www.coh2.org/topic/55507/no-tech-call-in-tanks/

It seems like people aren't willing to wean themselves off call ins, even though it would make balancing easier and would lead to people teching rather than just spamming call in tanks in 90% of top 100 1v1 games.
24 Aug 2016, 23:24 PM

I'm behind the idea, so long as the cost of the units is balanced or teching made more accessible, as many people put those call in commanders for those times they can't tech up and otherwise would lose.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★