Login

russian armor

SUvsOKW just feels impossible

19 Aug 2016, 23:54 PM

I'm not sure how to approach this match-up. Sturmpanther told me the following:

Sturmpanther: get 2 pio, get 3-4 maxims, guarde into t70, 120mm, and t34/85 ggwp

Best thing vs OKW.

I've tried this a few times and its worked 25% of the time. Once OKW starts doing their campy bullshit, I cant seem to figure it out.

1) Their infantry support guns seem to be outranging my expensive 120mm mortar.
2) My guards are quickly suppressed by stupid flak HT.
3) *Meanwhile* "Oh great, theres a flak gun covering the fuel and my 2 120mm mortars don't do a god damn thing against it in terms of damage. Its like a bofors for OKW.

When sturm gave me that advice, I was just trying to get started with SU so maybe I've grown out of it? I don't have a good breadth of understanding of the soviets so i'm not sure how to counter the issues that i've mentioned above.

20 Aug 2016, 00:35 AM

Yeah Sturm's advice isn't the best vs OKW imho. Guard Motor Company is a good doc to use vs OKW but getting 3-4 maxims is a bad idea vs OKW. And 120 is really situational so if your opponent doesn't have an ISG out already and you need support vs MGs or blobs you can try to get it, don't necessarily have to get it every time, really depends on the situation. I'd recommend a 2 pio 2 maxim into 2 cons 1 to 2 guards or just 1 con 2-3 guards into at-gun(get at-gun earlier if situation arises b4 guards or cons) and make sure to defend at-gun with maxims so it's not stolen or flanked. and should be alright paired with guards. Also make sure to get healing in between that, then go t-70 if you have a inf problem, but if you think you can deal with OKW's inf go SU-76 if the flak hf or panzer 2 is still not dead to finish it off. Then go t4 for t-34/85s + marked target. As for the flak hq best way to deal with it is either ignore, or build up armor/at-guns to deal with it from max range, and only assault it after your opponent retreats most of his armor or his armor is badly damaged/at-guns retreated. Try this and if it's still giving you an issue post the replay and I'll help you adjust. Another note is upgrade at-nades if you have more than 1 con or have the extra resources for it. Best of luck to ya. :sibWaddle:
20 Aug 2016, 14:41 PM

Thanks a lot Von. I will incorporate this and it will probably be sufficient enough for me to work with. I really didn't like the maxim spam cuz it felt super cheesy and SU kinda reminded me of Ostheer in a way we're you want a fairly wide breadth of units.

Thanks for the replay review offer as well. Much appreciated on everything. I'm sure this will help me a ton.
20 Aug 2016, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2016, 00:35 AMVonIvan
*stuff*

Can We take this as replay review (did you look at that replay ?)

Also, if you want to help you become strategist, feel free to ask cookiez, I think there is always 1 free place for you.
20 Aug 2016, 19:59 PM

I dont think he did since he recommended that I try his recommendations then come back with a replay. I've already played a few games with his recommendations and they've helped. No need to review this one :)
20 Aug 2016, 20:06 PM
Senior Referee Badge

-pio
-maxim
-maxim
-maxim
-guard
Tier 3
T70
-mortar
-guard
-tier 4
-t3485
-second one or su85 depends

My build order as soviets and works against okw and ostheer ^^
20 Aug 2016, 21:35 PM

What im seeing okw do more is massing/camping with Infantry support guns. Im not sure the maxim spam can handle it.
20 Aug 2016, 22:26 PM

My build order vs OKW is 2-3 cons, 2 maxims, mortar (if needed, but against OKW you need it almost in every game), t70 or su76. Iam playing with shocks, kv8 and is2 doctrine. It's very effective doctrine almost in every situation. You can push enemies effectively with kv8 and couple zises or su76. Also kv8 is very useful against OKW trucks and at guns. Shocks can support your men in late game, but don't spam them. Only one unit is needed. Is2 is a pretty good tank, it can help you to deal with heavies, but always support it with zis or su76. Watch for mp float, it is a big problem for soviets. Sometimes you can't tech up because you need to reinforce your infantry so watch for balance between infantry casualties and your mp wastes. You can destroy flak ht with your zis. Try to rush flak ht with two cons from different flanks and throw at grenade. Then zis easily can take it out. Su76 can deal with flak without any problems. Even t70 can with good micro and support of cons. Trying to destroy flak with guards is a bad idea. They are shooting very slow so flak can easily suppress them. You can try to destroy it with ability of lmg dp, but it can escape. Guards are defensive unit, they are very strong in green cover or house. They can take out almost every infantry from far and mid range just shooting from their cover. They are very bad at attacking and flanking maneuvers. They can't shoot on the move and they haven't for armor like shocks.
21 Aug 2016, 09:05 AM

-pio
-maxim
-maxim
-maxim
-guard
Tear 3
T70
-mortar
-guard
-tear 4
-t3485
-second one or su85 depends

My build order as soviets and works against okw and ostheer ^^

its tier not tear.

Tears fall down when you rekt wehraboo fan.

On topic: it looks like solid build, but I prefer 1 suchka before tier4 to counter puma or fast oswind
21 Aug 2016, 09:32 AM
Senior Referee Badge

its tier not tear.

Tears fall down when you rekt wehraboo fan.

On topic: it looks like solid build, but I prefer 1 suchka before tier4 to counter puma or fast oswind

Keep making that mistake ^^
And what the * means suchka? ^_^
21 Aug 2016, 09:36 AM

Keep making that mistake ^^
And what the * means suchka? ^_^

su76 was also called suchka

!Crews liked the vehicle for its simplicity, reliability, and ease of use. However, the steering was also sometimes regarded as cumbersome, leading crews to also refer to the vehicle as suka (Russian: сука; "bitch") or suchka (Russian: сучка; "little bitch"). It was also nicknamed Golozhopiy Ferdinand (Russian: Голожопый Фердинанд; "bare-arsed Ferdinand") due to its very light armor and somewhat similar silhouette, when compared to the Germans' heavy Ferdinand/Elefant casemate tank destroyer of some 65 tonnes in weight.Wikipedia

suka - cyka = bitch and suchka is small(little) bitch ^^

21 Aug 2016, 09:39 AM
Senior Referee Badge

su76 was also called suchka

!Crews liked the vehicle for its simplicity, reliability, and ease of use. However, the steering was also sometimes regarded as cumbersome, leading crews to also refer to the vehicle as suka (Russian: сука; "bitch") or suchka (Russian: сучка; "little bitch"). It was also nicknamed Golozhopiy Ferdinand (Russian: Голожопый Фердинанд; "bare-arsed Ferdinand") due to its very light armor and somewhat similar silhouette, when compared to the Germans' heavy Ferdinand/Elefant casemate tank destroyer of some 65 tonnes in weight.Wikipedia

suka - cyka = bitch and suchka is small(little) bitch ^^

Well i play csgo so i know what cyka means :foreveralone:

But yes i like to build a su76 2 sometimes ^^
22 Aug 2016, 07:27 AM

I'm not sure how camping with field guns ever works as OKW because it takes them forever to dislodge MGs from buildings and you give up all map control.
22 Aug 2016, 12:23 PM

I'm not sure how camping with field guns ever works as OKW because it takes them forever to dislodge MGs from buildings and you give up all map control.

Believe me or not, but it works relatively well. If you can snipe or just scare off enemy indirect fire(which is not that hard, thanks to the tremendous range of the ISGs), the ISGs have unrivaled control over almost the whole map. That range is just ridiculous. They do not do much damage, but they do it consistently(pretty much without stopping) the whole game. On some maps, they can shoot from base to base I believe. Against MGs in buildings, with double ISG, one barrage is usually enough to bring it to the breaking point(either kill it, or make it so low it has to retreat anyway). And unlike the Pack Howitzer, the range of the auto fire is similar to the barrage(at least before the vet), so you can fire without stopping, by simply queue ordering attack ground until your barrage CD is ready. It probably will not wipe many squads, but prepared positions, including emplacements, are very easy target for it because of the good accuracy and very long range.
22 Aug 2016, 13:59 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Why all people think maxims, since okw is so weak vs t1? Sniper, Penals, Scoutcar, all of them are annoying as fuck as okw, especially penals and sniper through the whole game. The scoutcar also can come out when you have 2 penals on field with flamer and you can trololol around with chasing squads. And penals just destroy volks :P
29 Aug 2016, 06:50 AM

How about on smaller maps like faymonville? I feel like t1 wasn't as effective, and wish I had an mg of my own. You'll see bad micro where I lose an HT but this map is also full of narrow pathways so navigating that thing seems like it'd be dificult in hindsight AND the threat of the faust as well... Maybe I should've turned it into an HT? Also, guard motor didn't feel great either since I was waiting for 2 cps.
29 Aug 2016, 16:02 PM

How about on smaller maps like faymonville? I feel like t1 wasn't as effective, and wish I had an mg of my own. You'll see bad micro where I lose an HT but this map is also full of narrow pathways so navigating that thing seems like it'd be dificult in hindsight AND the threat of the faust as well... Maybe I should've turned it into an HT? Also, guard motor didn't feel great either since I was waiting for 2 cps.

Can you please put replays into replay review section, each in its own thread, it helps us to easily navigate through replays and thust we can help you more adequately.

This section is general soviet problems without replays, only theorycrafting

Hector
29 Aug 2016, 18:52 PM

ah okay. Cookiez was the one that xfered the thread over here, and since people were already chatting about it, i figured id just keep it going.
30 Aug 2016, 13:53 PM

i don't see anything to deal with early vehicule/tank in your builds
24 Nov 2016, 08:38 AM

use Penal battalion first and dynamite for blobs and t-70 for counter fo luch
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
Peru 17
United Kingdom 42
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1