Login

russian armor

AB, is it viable?

18 Aug 2016, 20:19 PM

As per thread title.

I was curious, is anyone able to come away with a result using AB? Against the Wehrmacht, when I'm not necessarily going to be outnumbered, I've had a modicum of success, but against OKW I quickly find myself losing USF's greatest advantage, strength in numbers. The bleed is significant, nor are paths front line infantry, so I pose the question: can/how can we integrate AB into the USF?

I should also note, I lost and was never in a position where a victory was ever on the cards.

19 Aug 2016, 03:11 AM

Does this replay still work since they just had a patch?
19 Aug 2016, 03:28 AM

Does this replay still work since they just had a patch?

Should be easy to make happen since the patch was only new skins: https://www.coh2.org/topic/29774/how-to-make-old-replays-work
19 Aug 2016, 08:26 AM

VS OKW, I feel it is now better to go T1. with a good micro, OKW can't go straight T2 or you'll overflood him with BARs.
So T1+AB/atgun/1pathf/1para into T3 is a good strat. It gives you an incredible firepower, force him to build a HT or Luch to counter you while you save your fuel for an early sherman.
19 Aug 2016, 08:58 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

I lost to someone using airbourne with a similar build to what Esxile said.

Make sure you get a .50 cal, okw have big issues with suppression. If they try skip healing the pathfinders tear up and you can generally get your sherman out quite a bit before their P4.
19 Aug 2016, 14:55 PM

I lost to someone using airbourne with a similar build to what Esxile said.

Make sure you get a .50 cal, okw have big issues with suppression. If they try skip healing the pathfinders tear up and you can generally get your sherman out quite a bit before their P4.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2016, 08:26 AMEsxile
VS OKW, I feel it is now better to go T1. with a good micro, OKW can't go straight T2 or you'll overflood him with BARs.
So T1+AB/atgun/1pathf/1para into T3 is a good strat. It gives you an incredible firepower, force him to build a HT or Luch to counter you while you save your fuel for an early sherman.

Mmm! Good point, I always seem to forget the .50.

I think my trouble came in losing the map-- I only had the two rifles whilst waiting for paths. I decided on an M20 for some more offensive power, and the Luchs was already out... x.x

It all went horribly wrong.

19 Aug 2016, 15:57 PM

I think my trouble came in losing the map-- I only had the two rifles whilst waiting for paths. I decided on an M20 for some more offensive power, and the Luchs was already out... x.x

I'm a big LT lover and the Luchs is the one thing that can punish you hard from the Prokw arsenal, it will be hard to deal with it since it can survive 2 AT gun shots and 4 Bazooka volleys, the M20 mine is your best bet and you might likely get a shame/rage surrender if you manage to lure it into it.
19 Aug 2016, 16:03 PM

i didn't think AB was a viable commander until a squad of paras with 1919s walked up and cleared my mg42. late game they're absolutely vicious... durable and cheap to reinforce. i think the t1 approach supplemented with airdropped AT guns (or LT-CPT if you have good fuel control) can work.

the rifles-volks game is always heavily map and RNG dependent, but paras should provide an advantage as long as you don't get shoved off the map early.
19 Aug 2016, 18:12 PM

2 Rifles isn't enough. I'll say 3RM + Ltn + .50, equip dual zook on RE asap, and then following what you face, pathfinder or para and wait for the sherman.
Don't forget the mortar as well to harass a potential aggressive healing truck. Its a heavy infantry build after all, if it doesn't work, if you lose your squads or bleed to much it is pretty much GG.
Your opponent best tool will be the Luch, you have to get prepared with a M1 to counter it.
19 Aug 2016, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2016, 18:12 PMEsxile

2 Rifles isn't enough. I'll say 3RM + Ltn + .50, equip dual zook on RE asap, and then following what you face, pathfinder or para and wait for the sherman.
Don't forget the mortar as well to harass a potential aggressive healing truck. Its a heavy infantry build after all, if it doesn't work, if you lose your squads or bleed to much it is pretty much GG.
Your opponent best tool will be the Luch, you have to get prepared with a M1 to counter it.

Yeah, I was used to waaayyy back at WFA launch when one could supplement 3 rifles + an LT with a Path squad, then add some Paras, but with the bleed, I tried to modernize and replace a Rifle section with Paths-- not enough. By adding either Para's or paths after you've developed your core, that makes a lot more sense. I'm curious to give it another go now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★