Login

russian armor

Hans banning Ivan

• This thread is locked
PAGES (8)down
21 Jul 2013, 23:28 PM

True, there's a physical aspect to those, so it applies (anyone remember the knife to the head in a CS 1.6 match in China?)

...No knives on Twitch or Automatch though, so its up to the Devs or some form of arbitration.

Where would the line be drawn at something like SNF, for example?
21 Jul 2013, 23:42 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Where would the line be drawn at something like SNF, for example?

Traditional knives yes, switchblades no.
22 Jul 2013, 00:34 AM

1) id be so pleased if the ones who deny themselves the right to appeal a ban get accused of sth , lets see how you like it when sb else determines your thoughts , words and actions meaning without your input and makes decisions for you

2)There is a double standard here , if hans wasnt the accuser we probably would not have a ban and if ivan wasnt the accused we d certainly not have a ban ( mor elike a quadrable standard but still

3 )
about getting a chance to defend yourself...
you think that every maphacker/synchacker/whatever should be given a chance to defend himself too? :-D

hacking is ''breaking the law'' no questions asked its the refery who says if there is any hacking or not , abussive and harrasive behaviour on the other hand ... its alot more subjective to determine that

4)
]what you guys need to get into your head is: you didn't see half of the harass hans had to endure. you didn't watch his stream 24/7, you didn't see all the in-game

i have been a regular on hans stream and i think its overeacting , this is backed up by the 2nd post and the esl hapenning as well
22 Jul 2013, 00:36 AM

Permanently Banned
VonIvan didn't do anything to break the game's rules. Von didn't drop hack and didn't map hack. Von beat Hans fair every single time. Hans can't accept defeat so he claims harassment on the internet? LOL harassment on the internet! I wonder what qualifies for harassment? Calling someone a noob, play tutorial or saying COHEXPERTS is harassment? This is just laughable.
22 Jul 2013, 00:41 AM

HelpingHans wrote he "always apologizes" and realizes "he has been a dick." Well, he's never apologized to me. Where is my apology? Hans has tried to put on a poker face to deflect everything he's done wrong. Hans is practically a part of the site administration, and he is immune. The mods keep making posts, threads, and the shout box invisible, and it stifles real discussion.

On the front page, in a sticky, I want to see an apology from Hans to VonIvan and the community. Hans has set a bad example by the way he approached everything. He has a grudge, and he's gone about using his influence to ban people who he doesn't like. He's not acting like an adult and trying to talk with people to reach an amicable solution.

edit: and it is completely ridiculous how Barton is still banned even though everyone saw Hans put on a 5 minute delay on, and there is no proof whatsoever Barton was ever stream sniping. Hans is abusing the level of trust he has in the community to keep down people he doesn't like.
22 Jul 2013, 07:40 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

HelpingHans wrote he "always apologizes" and realizes "he has been a dick." Well, he's never apologized to me. Where is my apology? Hans has tried to put on a poker face to deflect everything he's done wrong. Hans is practically a part of the site administration, and he is immune. The mods keep making posts, threads, and the shout box invisible, and it stifles real discussion.

On the front page, in a sticky, I want to see an apology from Hans to VonIvan and the community. Hans has set a bad example by the way he approached everything. He has a grudge, and he's gone about using his influence to ban people who he doesn't like. He's not acting like an adult and trying to talk with people to reach an amicable solution.

edit: and it is completely ridiculous how Barton is still banned even though everyone saw Hans put on a 5 minute delay on, and there is no proof whatsoever Barton was ever stream sniping. Hans is abusing the level of trust he has in the community to keep down people he doesn't like.

+1.. he never apologized to me aswell, no wonder he gets people to dislike him.
22 Jul 2013, 08:25 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Hans is practically a part of the site administration, and he is immune. The mods keep making posts, threads, and the shout box invisible, and it stifles real discussion.

This isn't true. Hans is not part of the site administration. He is a "green strategist", which means he has access to the green level staff rooms to be able to contribute strategie content, thats it.

We're not protecting Hans at all. The thing between Hans and Ivan (+some experts) is between them. Hans may have contact to some Relic devs himself, due to community meetings. But Coh2.org is not involved!

However, harassment and trolling above a certain level will not be tollerated here. Thats why some posts are invisibled. This doesnt exclude anyone! In fact, the whole moderation on COH2.org is extremely relaxed. Maybe 0.1% of the total amount of posts are moderated. Compare that to GR.org, where you most likely would see a lot more posts being removed than you see here.
You may know about a few posts that are invisible but not about others, so don't judge us on that.
22 Jul 2013, 08:57 AM

This isn't true. Hans is not part of the site administration. He is a "green strategist", which means he has access to the green level staff rooms to be able to contribute strategie content, thats it.

We're not protecting Hans at all. The thing between Hans and Ivan (+some experts) is between them. Hans may have contact to some Relic devs himself, due to community meetings. But Coh2.org is not involved!

However, harassment and trolling above a certain level will not be tollerated here. Thats why some posts are invisibled. This doesnt exclude anyone! In fact, the whole moderation on COH2.org is extremely relaxed. Maybe 0.1% of the total amount of posts are moderated. Compare that to GR.org, where you most likely would see a lot more posts being removed than you see here.
You may know about a few posts that are invisible but not about others, so don't judge us on that.

I completely agree with this and you guys do a great job with this! Keep it up :D

What I think the majority of the people who are concerned are on this board is the ban from the game, which is ridiculous IMHO. What is in the community stays in the community. Of course, if its ingame, then thats a completely different story.

Its more about principle rather than anything if anyone is saying that I'm taking it too seriously. Maybe the trolls won't think like this, but this is just my concern.
22 Jul 2013, 10:29 AM

I remember watching VonIvan and Hans stream a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really see anything wrong with a bit of "banter" between the two, however the one thing that I did find quite strange was when one of the CoH Experts locked their IP onto Hans, enabling him to get him every time (9 times out of 10) when searching.

This was the only thing that stood out for me. Trash talking is just a part of any competitive game, while I understand Hans has been experiencing this for a long time, the longevity of it should have enabled him to "toughen" up and turn the other cheek. Rather than taking it to Relic and getting a player banned.
22 Jul 2013, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 07:40 AMSpanky

+1.. he never apologized to me aswell, no wonder he gets people to dislike him.

says who? you? well dude, i would like to post now something about you but i dont want to get banned.

pls just stop talking about ppl dislike hans when you sumb aswell.

But lets talk serious, thats all they want to. causing problems and blame it then to the others and cry for a unfair judgement.
well, i did that ages ago to, and it worked well because you have on every internetside few dumb members who will jump on this train.

actually cohexpertsss did everythink they want to. as long as you dont have intelligent admins, nothing will change.
22 Jul 2013, 11:10 AM

The point remains that HelpingHans got VonIvan INDIRECTlY suspended just by ASKING a relic admin.

Basically I asked one of the admins if he could put a block on my ip from connecting to him. He didn't know how to or didn't know if it was possible so he decided a 2 week ban to be the answer.

If HelpingHans decides to dislike someone else today, chances are he will be suspended tormorrow. I can't blame Helpinghans, because anyone in his position would do the same, but the Relic Admins should at least treat a complaint objectively before taking action.
22 Jul 2013, 11:31 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

And what is Hans position exactly? Isn't Noun capable of judging by himself now? Ask this question to him directly.
22 Jul 2013, 11:37 AM

The point remains that HelpingHans got VonIvan INDIRECTlY suspended just by ASKING a relic admin.

If HelpingHans decides to dislike someone else today, chances are he will be suspended tormorrow. I can't blame Helpinghans, because anyone in his position would do the same, but the Relic Admins should at least treat a complaint objectively before taking action.

I don't believe Noun or any other Relic community rep would ban / suspend people just because Hans says so, that would be very unprofessional and against their own interests.

I don't have virtual beef with anyone but I will say I found Hans live stream response to when Vonivan found out he was banned very distasteful, if you report someone and action is taken leave it at that, don't brag or fuel the fire, it makes you look bad and Relic.

22 Jul 2013, 11:41 AM

Basically I asked one of the admins if he could put a block on my ip from connecting to him. He didn't know how to or didn't know if it was possible so he decided a 2 week ban to be the answer.

I have to say, Relic normally does a great job in most things that they do (as I have repeated quite a few times on this site), but honestly, that doesn't sound like a process at all -_-

"We can't do this, we don't know how to stop this, so we won't warn him and instead ban him".

From that, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like from that post that was the first time Hans complained about it to Relic.
22 Jul 2013, 11:42 AM

And what is Hans position exactly? Isn't Noun capable of judging by himself now? Ask this question to him directly.

Hans position arises from the fact he has a direct connection to these Admins as he met them and thus knows them. Next to that, they visit his stream and play the game with him.
The position of the average player is a position where you do not know these Admins, possible just by name alone.

It is striking I need to explain the concept of "friendship bias" to an admin of this website.

It is quite clear that Noun did not judge by himself, because he only acted upon a complaint by Helpinghans. If the situation was severe enough, he should have known as community manager and suspend VonIvan, before a complaint was filed.
22 Jul 2013, 11:42 AM

I think most people here would agree that if the ban was deserved it should be given, but that's not the main issue here. It's more a principle rather than just this one case, and this is why this is kinda important to the community.
22 Jul 2013, 12:01 PM

It is quite clear that Noun did not judge by himself, because he only acted upon a complaint by Helpinghans. If the situation was severe enough, he should have known as community manager and suspend VonIvan, before a complaint was filed.

It is quite clear that you have no idea what you are talking about, since you have no idea what Hans said to anyone at Relic about VonIvan, nor what kind of evidence he provided. And being a community manager doesn't automatically make you an all-knowing god of some kind, so you have to act on input, rather than pro-actively searching for that kind of behavior.
22 Jul 2013, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 12:01 PMcr4wler

It is quite clear that you have no idea what you are talking about, since you have no idea what Hans said to anyone at Relic about VonIvan, nor what kind of evidence he provided. And being a community manager doesn't automatically make you an all-knowing god of some kind, so you have to act on input, rather than pro-actively searching for that kind of behavior.

Input - that's the key word.

That is why, to all those people who are saying you shouldn't be able to appeal this kind of stuff, why it's dangerous to do this. Sometimes, the "input" can become very one sided and also, it can easily flip the other way.
22 Jul 2013, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 12:01 PMcr4wler

I do know, since Hans already stated his exact complaints on his stream and this website. It is hard to believe the cummunity managers are unaware of the existence and behaviour of some of the members of COHEXPERTS. Regardless, they should know about these things and I think they actually do. The fact they did not act on this persistent behaviour by themselves is a clear sign they do not mind.

Furthermore, I would appreciate if you did not copy my sentences every single time you respond to me on this forum and then replace the last part with a line such as: "you have no idea what you are talking about". If you disagree with me just state the reason, instead of disqualifying my statements on personal grounds.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS