Login

russian armor

A Suggestion:Remove 45lvl German Commander until Patch...

20 Jul 2013, 19:08 PM

As every player experiences when playing the game, both blitz cargo trucks and strafe made the game practically unplayable from 1vs1 to team games...

German-Soviet ratio is about %80-20 from 2vs2 to all team games, and its even not fun anymore to play...

As an immediate solution, please Remove the Assault Support Doctrine from the game like Beta until solution patch complete....
20 Jul 2013, 20:47 PM

Are you fucking drunk?

Ya I can see why the strafe is a little OP, but it's not nearly as bad as the crap soviets do that don't require a doctrine. Not to mention the entire meta-game is so fucking stupid for team games that beyond 2v2 it's nearly unplayable. The game degrades to absolute crap at about 25-30 minutes when the SU85 spam reaches an all time high backed by katyushka

20 Jul 2013, 23:01 PM

lol, everyone calm down, it's just a game :D Anyway, team games are impossible to "balance" 1v1s maybe just practice more,watch some pros play, get new strats .. whatever. There is always away to counter in 1v1 :D
20 Jul 2013, 23:12 PM

I agree with OP. And I'm pretty sure a good portions of this forum along with pretty much a lot of the competitive community will as well.

Before I say anything else, Dave you do realize that in the recent ESL open they forbid that doctrine on the grounds of it being unfair right? You can compare Strafe to the 85 if you want, both do different things thus making it completely incomparable. If you want to compare anything, then do it with the Russian CP-6 Strafe.

The German strafe costs 120 muni (which is made easier to achieve thanks to Opel) and you get it at CP-3, lasts for roughly 50 seconds to 1 minute meaning in that time period Soviet infantry unless in buildings are completely and utterly unusable, and as it stands you have trouble retreating due to a known bug (just another reason to do something about it faster).

It doesn't need to be targeted as it roams and doesn't act as a patrol unit so you can throw it virtually anywhere and it will do it's thing.

As well as suppressing and eventually pinning troops (retreating or not) it also deals fairly heavy damage to them (as Relic felt that a global pinning attack wasn't enough).

Now let's take a little look at the Soviet strafe.
You get it at CP-6 (that's right SIX) it costs 200 muni and is a targeted ability which usually hits roughly twice. It gives the German army a nice notice with it's smoke to say "retreat now and you're safe". It doesn't chase you, it doesn't pin you on retreat and more over it doesn't last for nearly a minute.

20 Jul 2013, 23:21 PM

Suggestion; Delete Soviet faction so I win every game because opponent is playing too hard.
20 Jul 2013, 23:36 PM

I agree with OP. And I'm pretty sure a good portions of this forum along with pretty much a lot of the competitive community will as well.

Before I say anything else, Dave you do realize that in the recent ESL open they forbid that doctrine on the grounds of it being unfair right? You can compare Strafe to the 85 if you want, both do different things thus making it completely incomparable. If you want to compare anything, then do it with the Russian CP-6 Strafe.

The German strafe costs 120 muni (which is made easier to achieve thanks to Opel) and you get it at CP-3, lasts for roughly 50 seconds to 1 minute meaning in that time period Soviet infantry unless in buildings are completely and utterly unusable, and as it stands you have trouble retreating due to a known bug (just another reason to do something about it faster).

It doesn't need to be targeted as it roams and doesn't act as a patrol unit so you can throw it virtually anywhere and it will do it's thing.

As well as suppressing and eventually pinning troops (retreating or not) it also deals fairly heavy damage to them (as Relic felt that a global pinning attack wasn't enough).

Now let's take a little look at the Soviet strafe.
You get it at CP-6 (that's right SIX) it costs 200 muni and is a targeted ability which usually hits roughly twice. It gives the German army a nice notice with it's smoke to say "retreat now and you're safe". It doesn't chase you, it doesn't pin you on retreat and more over it doesn't last for nearly a minute.

That tournament is also 1v1...the OP is talking about 2v2s so your comment about ESL is really irrelevant as the balance between 1v1 and 2v2 can't be compared.

I also said that strafe is OP, but it's not nearly the most pressing thing to fix in this game. Not even top 5 if you throw in lack of leaderboards, various debilitating bugs, crashes, and chat

Also the russian strafe does a shit ton more damage against soft and light armored targets. Does it roam the skies for a period of time? No. There has to be a trade off somewhere.
20 Jul 2013, 23:51 PM

you just go play German and abuse the strafing like there is no tomorrow. Same way I did in closed beta.....strafing run is finally had been addressed by relic after 3 month of abuse... it will be fixed next patch SOON™
21 Jul 2013, 06:06 AM

Permanently Banned
DoW2 had a "patch per month" principle, even at the end of its support span.

I expect something similar in CoH2, which has a larger team.

Probably another patch within 2 weeks.
21 Jul 2013, 09:37 AM

Very rarely do I see this commander chosen anymore. Most people seem to be trying out different strategies instead.
21 Jul 2013, 11:08 AM

Yeah, that's kinda put me off COH2 for quite a while now :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
Germany 779
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L