Login

russian armor

Schwerer Flak Truck Balance ideas

PAGES (9)down
19 Aug 2016, 17:15 PM

it's not a nerf, it's a fix.

There is no reason why OKW should have free AA "unit".

I would prefer if OKW got standard teching instead of all the goodies and resulting in weird unit placements like now. No other faction got changed drastically as OKW since beta.
19 Aug 2016, 17:30 PM

I would prefer if OKW got standard teching instead of all the goodies and resulting in weird unit placements like now. No other faction got changed drastically as OKW since beta.

I guess we all would love to see standard teching for all factions from standard units to mid game units and final tier with best units but lelic :foreveralone:
19 Aug 2016, 18:15 PM

Everything since WFA is non 'standard' and gets this and that plus some flaws.
19 Aug 2016, 18:32 PM

I think to argue that okw flak base is completely fine is a bit... not naïve, not necessarily biased, but not quite right. I am a big team game scrub. If I'm playing against 2 or more okw I know that any recon planes I call in will be lucky to get eyes on that lefh we're trying to get with an offmap, or any other scenario. If they have ostwinds or flak halfies, ok. My planes got shot down by units they had to specifically buy. That's fine. If they are pounding me with planes, or I get sick of them knowing everything I do due to all the recon planes I have to buy an AA unit too. But because okw teched up, I cant recon their side of the map effectively if at all. doesn't seem quite right. That is my issue.

btw I never play okw. im biased. I do play lots of Wehrmacht.
19 Aug 2016, 19:18 PM

I think to argue that okw flak base is completely fine is a bit... not naïve, not necessarily biased, but not quite right. I am a big team game scrub. If I'm playing against 2 or more okw I know that any recon planes I call in will be lucky to get eyes on that lefh we're trying to get with an offmap, or any other scenario. If they have ostwinds or flak halfies, ok. My planes got shot down by units they had to specifically buy. That's fine. If they are pounding me with planes, or I get sick of them knowing everything I do due to all the recon planes I have to buy an AA unit too. But because okw teched up, I cant recon their side of the map effectively if at all. doesn't seem quite right. That is my issue.

btw I never play okw. im biased. I do play lots of Wehrmacht.

Ok, so I tested a single HQ, USF major recon doesn't get shot down before it reveals territory that it would otherwise have anyways. The command vehicle recon from UKF, at least with only one Panzer HQ is very resilient judging from what I've tested (not sure if that thing should be there in the first place). Not sure about the other recon abilities but those ones I've tested. I assume other loiter recons are affected badly? Maybe they can be made more durable. Otherwise, maybe read the rest of the thread as there are already solutions proposed....
nee
21 Aug 2016, 13:22 PM

I tested the effects of White Phosphorous barrage from Riflemen Company on the T4; it has zero effect on the building- it fires and sees enemy units as if they don't get any WP effects.

I also tested the effects of T0 mortar smoke: it works per se, but the shells have a small scatter so the area of smoke effect is too small to reliably block the site of the T4 truck if you fire them on top; while you can use it directionally (re block sight by firing them in front of your men), this is kind of pointless since you have Riflemen with the smoke grenade ability for that job. The rather large size of the T4 truck also limits the usability of the smoke barrage.
22 Aug 2016, 09:54 AM

Also provide switch target option for it. THANKS!
22 Aug 2016, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2016, 13:22 PMnee

I also tested the effects of T0 mortar smoke: it works per se, but the shells have a small scatter

The irony, now that ridiculous OPness comes with a downside...
22 Aug 2016, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2016, 09:54 AMRiCE
Also provide switch target option for it. THANKS!

The very moment it'll be provided a pop cap as well if you want to control it so bad.
22 Aug 2016, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2016, 11:28 AMKatitof

The very moment it'll be provided a pop cap as well if you want to control it so bad.

Mind to explain how do they are related to each other?
22 Aug 2016, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2016, 13:58 PMRiCE

Mind to explain how do they are related to each other?

Easily.

When was the last time you could control something that didn't cost pop and was capable of fighting everything up to med tanks?
22 Aug 2016, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2016, 14:01 PMKatitof

Easily.

When was the last time you could control something that didn't cost pop and was capable of fighting everything up to med tanks?

I never seen a structure put up a magical shield until UKF came along. This wont make those two related imo. Anyway, if population cost is required to fix an issue, fine by me. Put a pop cost on it. At least it wont fire at targets it cannot damage anyway...
22 Aug 2016, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2016, 14:40 PMRiCE

I never seen a structure put up a magical shield until UKF came along. This wont make those two related imo. Anyway, if population cost is required to fix an issue, fine by me. Put a pop cost on it. At least it wont fire at targets it cannot damage anyway...

Half schwerers HP, make it get 25% more damage from everything and slap magical shield as well if it makes you feel better.

I'll be fine with it.
22 Aug 2016, 18:01 PM

Or just remove it's aa, reduce the aa range or make it so it can only set up in a sector where you already have a truck set up or in the base sector.

Its purpose is more of less equivalent to base mgs, or should be.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
New Zealand 5
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %