Login

russian armor

Bug or drop hack?

13 Aug 2016, 15:13 PM

No problems with connection at all during the game, no stuttering, no connection lost, nothing yet suddenly as soon as I was clearly winning...

Defeat, sync error detected immediately and cleanly, no stuttering just from gameplay to defeat, I recorded it with shadow play here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHyPFYVViMs&feature=youtu.be

Due to the circumstances it looks fucking fishy to me but I 'm clearly biased. What do you think, bug, shitty connection or hack?

EDIT: WTF In game it says it was a victory yet I have dropped over 10 ranks in the leaderboards...
13 Aug 2016, 15:39 PM
Donator 11

Sync error can be coused both intentionally or by a hardware error / OS bug on either side. Mind that such result doesn't benefit any side, the win is decided by trust ranking. This raniking depends on how many times you dropped or got sync error, so if somebody did it on purpouse many times he won't really advance in ladder.

The fact that you dropped on the ladder may be connected to performance of other players. You can't loose elo after won match, but the others can get more from their matches than you did.

Last but not the least, this is a public cheating accusation, forbidden on this site. You should remove the video link from your post so that it doesn't violate site rules.
13 Aug 2016, 21:44 PM

Sync errors happend once in a while, nothing new there.

I've had this happend to me multiple times and i'm not accusing anyone of cheating
13 Aug 2016, 22:02 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2016, 15:13 PMLatch
No problems with connection at all during the game, no stuttering, no connection lost, nothing yet suddenly as soon as I was clearly winning...

Defeat, sync error detected immediately and cleanly, no stuttering just from gameplay to defeat, I recorded it with shadow play here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHyPFYVViMs&feature=youtu.be

Due to the circumstances it looks fucking fishy to me but I 'm clearly biased. What do you think, bug, shitty connection or hack?

EDIT: WTF In game it says it was a victory yet I have dropped over 10 ranks in the leaderboards...

Sync error can be coused both intentionally or by a hardware error / OS bug on either side. Mind that such result doesn't benefit any side, the win is decided by trust ranking. This raniking depends on how many times you dropped or got sync error, so if somebody did it on purpouse many times he won't really advance in ladder.

The fact that you dropped on the ladder may be connected to performance of other players. You can't loose elo after won match, but the others can get more from their matches than you did.

Last but not the least, this is a public cheating accusation, forbidden on this site. You should remove the video link from your post so that it doesn't violate site rules.

A) well yeah its look very strange. You win the game and then bum^^. Tip: Look at his profil and watch how many drops and dispute he has^^. Snyerror can be hack, but not allways. And bugsplit / dumb createfile is just Relics code.

B) About the trust rating. Yes and no. In CoH 1 we had a trustrating. Not at all in coh2. When you got syn error after the game was running a while, most of the times the games looks, who is winning.

C) when you get sny error after loadingscreen, means game did not run a single sec, you often get a defeat. This happens, when enemies PC/ Internet is too slow, or when he drophacks you. Both is possible.
So y, you can get big advance in the ladder, but only if the sny error comes before the game started.

13 Aug 2016, 22:36 PM
Donator 11

A) well yeah its look very strange. You win the game and then bum^^. Tip: Look at his profil and watch how many drops and dispute he has^^. Snyerror can be hack, but not allways. And bugsplit / dumb createfile is just Relics code.

B) About the trust rating. Yes and no. In CoH 1 we had a trustrating. Not at all in coh2. When you got syn error after the game was running a while, most of the times the games looks, who is winning.

C) when you get sny error after loadingscreen, means game did not run a single sec, you often get a defeat. This happens, when enemies PC/ Internet is too slow, or when he drophacks you. Both is possible.
So y, you can get big advance in the ladder, but only if the sny error comes before the game started.

Even if it happens before the game all the game 'knows' is that one of the players lost connection or got out of sync. If there really is no trust rating (but you are the first person to tell me that there is no trust rating in coh2, especially as we have drops and disputes counted on our profiles) all it can do is choose the winning side at random. Why could possibly a programmer choose to give win to the side that lost connection in such occurence? Please don't tell me they didn't think about it and some code designed to do something else chooses it, its an obvious use case.
13 Aug 2016, 22:44 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Even if it happens before the game all the game 'knows' is that one of the players lost connection or got out of sync. If there really is no trust rating (but you are the first person to tell me that there is no trust rating in coh2, especially as we have drops and disputes counted on our profiles) all it can do is choose the winning side at random. Why could possibly a programmer choose to give win to the side that lost connection in such occurence? Please don't tell me they didn't think about it and some code designed to do something else chooses it, its an obvious use case.

I just can tell you that, what i saw in the last 2 years.

Snyc error while playing a while --> I / we got the win.

Snyc error after loadingscreen --> I / we got to 96% the defeat. And there were people who had soo many disputes and drops in his playercard.

Btw, after a snyc error, you don't get everytime a +1 in dispute or drops. Sometimes it does, sometimes not.
13 Aug 2016, 22:51 PM
Donator 11

I just can tell you that, what i saw in the last 2 years.

Snyc error while playing a while --> I / we got the win.

Snyc error after loadingscreen --> I / we got to 96% the defeat. And there were people who had soo many disputes and drops in his playercard.

Btw, after a snyc error, you don't get everytime a +1 in dispute or drops. Sometimes it does, sometimes not.

This is pretty funny becouse all sync error means is that the state of the match is different on one of the computers than on others. In case of 1v1 it is impossible to tell which computer is actually wrong so I can't really imagine how the server gains data to decide the win if it depends on the side that failed.

Btw. Old, LAN based, multiplayer rts games didn't have this all sync feature. It was so suprising when I first time encounered a situation where I win a game and go to the other player, just to realise that he also won this very same match, just becouse we were totally out of sync :D
13 Aug 2016, 22:59 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

This is pretty funny becouse all sync error means is that the state of the match is different on one of the computers than on others. In case of 1v1 it is impossible to tell which computer is actually wrong so I can't really imagine how the server gains data to decide the win if it depends on the side that failed.

Maybe you can remember for some month, alot of player got banned because of using fog of war maphack and drophack^^.

Also i knew friends, who have really really slow PC and internet connection, they got often a freewin, because they dropp the other guys out ( no cheat, just because of connecntion)
13 Aug 2016, 23:06 PM
Donator 11

Maybe you can remember for some month, alot of player got banned because of using fog of war maphack and drophack^^.

Also i knew friends, who have really really slow PC and internet connection, they got often a freewin, because they dropp the other guys out ( no cheat, just because of connecntion)

Yeah, I remember people being banned for maphacking. I also know that it is pretty easy to desync your game. I just find it hard to belive that the desync gives you anything. Especially as I don't recall being sync hacked ever. But maybe I don't play enough recently.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★