Login

russian armor

[1v1Assgrens beat rangers?!?

7 Aug 2016, 00:34 AM

See title. Also in this match: Bazookas and AT grenades are ineffective vs Stug E and the pershing is made of tin foil.
8 Aug 2016, 18:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

• Your opponent outranks you

expeirence wise immensely. You have like 46 games as usf, he has almost 500 games as ostheer total. SO even though the ranks are *somewhat* even, he's simply more expierienced and as a result, is way better than you, which aggravates alot of the issues below but eh.

ill say this though; youll never improve in any sort of meaningful amount of time by only playing people your level.

rushing the center church

isnt all that important now that you have a mortar as USF.

Youd be better off rushing this house cluster, securing them, and then securing the fuel instead of rushing the church on this map

this doesnt work because

theyres only 1 window on this building on this side. Out of the 7 guys you had in there onnly 1 GUY was firing at the assgrens. Which is why that engagement went so poorly, and why you lost your RE, etc.

and of course Again, you rushed the wrong house which doesnt help this.

As I told you before in Ask the strategist you're supposed to 2v1 assault grens, or use a garrison. But only if the garrison has enough windows so that most or your entire squad can fire Im sorry I forgot to mention that mechanic, as I assumed you knew.

Theres alot of map guides around here to start you off on knowing the best buildings:

Kholdony Ferma Map guide

Angoville map guide

but you should Load up a custom game with all the 1v1 maps and check the sides of popular buildings for windows!

Or learn it over time.

Or use ALT+Mouse drag to observe the building for yourself during a game.(not recommended if youre already struggling with micro)

General rule: If you cant, engage under the right conditions then just retreat. Fast. Theres nothing wrong with a fast retreat against assault grenadiers. Just come back stronger.

2x ranger is almost never a good idea in 1v1

Rangers are great squads with great stats but are balanced by their cost.

400 mp x 2 is 800 manpower and 800 manpower is a FUCK TON. Never get more than 1 ranger or you will 'bleed out'

Doesnt matter if he has a bunch of assault grens. use cheaper units properly.(Riflemen) Not the most expensive specialized one. Coh2 can be illogical like that.

YOU MAKE ALOT OF MICRO MISTAKES

Too many to count :snfPeter: And im not the one to roast you on basic micro mistakes if you're a newer player as that comes over TIME.

Theres times where youre too slow to retreat, too slow to move your captain to attack a vehiclke, etc. as above i wont go into this too much because naturally your opponent will tax your micro if he's better. And as such this will improve over time.

There was a sequence where

You lost your stuart, you bought an extra ranger squad instead of an Anti tank gun when you saw the STUG E, and as a result you get punished by stug-e spam.

If you had bought an AT gun or two instead of the rangers and kept your stuart alive you wouldve won in 15 minutes, flat

Instead your DOUBLE at gun is late and again, you're bleeding like crazy because 2 rangers.

Pershing tips

You used the AT guns properly with it at times but you didnt really use the armor piercing rounds ability on it which allows oyu to fire two shots in quick succession

You lost your pershing both times because you drove it in fron of a tiger and a pak40 with no anti tank gun OR JACKSON support.

No jackson? BECAUSE YOU DIDNT...

Tech UP.

When you already have a pershing, and you also have 300 fuel. Please tech up. If you dont you're just opening yourself up for a comeback. And it doesnt matter how good you are with the pershing, you are handicapping yourself by not getting a jackson and other units out to support it. You are forcing the pershing to take all the damage and do all the damage, which is extremely unrealistic expectation wise.

It was gg the moment you bought a 2nd pershing instead of teching.

Seriously. 37 minutes in and you hit 300 fuel at least 3 times. tech up.

And

Assgrens beat rangers! Bazookas and AT grenades are ineffective vs Stug E and the pershing is made of tin foil.

Stug e's get decimated by bazookas at nades and at guns, all of which are avaialbe to usf before the stug es arrive.

ill repeat what I said earlier:

If you had bought an AT gun or two instead of the rangers and kept your stuart alive you wouldve won in 15 minutes, flat

And yes the pershing gives the impression of being made of tinfoil when you drive right in front of a pak40 and a tiger by its lonesome without teching to support units :snfPeter:

And your rangers actually won a lot of ridiculous engagements, at one point your rangers even beat a vet 3 ass gren and a vet 3 pregren at once before having to retreat... :snfPeter:

I actually never saw where your rangers lost to assgrens.

So dont be all quick to blame the units. If ass grens beat your rangers.... :snfPeter: its your fault
9 Aug 2016, 00:19 AM

Man, thank you so much!

Rushing church: Good call. In general, holding the church seems far less important on winter, wouldn't you say? since theres no bottlenecks to getting to the middle of the map? Also interesting how you commented on taking that bottom area. And I also realized, "Hey, the fuels are different on winter", so will keep that in mind.

Assgrens: Will continue to be more cognizant in my engagements and will retreat more, I guess.

The church: I feel like a dummy. I DO know about how windows work in buildings and in hindsight have no idea what I was thinking. Maybe I was obsessed with holding it down or something, or forgot, or whatever, but yea you're right.

Micro mistakes: Maybe impossible to answer as experience will probably be the best teacher, but is there a "Best time to retreat"?

ATgun/Rangers comment: I don't really use heavy cav company that much and was so focused on dealing with assgrens (as poor of an excuse that that is), that I didnt realize that they have no AT until it was too late.

Armor piercing rounds: When you say the two quick shots, are you talking about that trick where you can auto attack then use ability or vice versa, cuz I forgot about that so thanks for the reminder :D If not that, then please elaborate on the 2 quick shots thing.

Pershing advice: Rarely do my games go this long so I had no idea how those engagements would go, but yeah.

Closing comments: I had one engagement near the top VP where I was losing and I think a few others, but I was super worked up. Lots of frustration all match.

Thank you again for your feedback dude. Helps a ton!
9 Aug 2016, 01:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Micro mistakes: Maybe impossible to answer as experience will probably be the best teacher, but is there a "Best time to retreat"?

I could type a novel on that but its a few points

1. When you know you cannot win
2. *When you're deep in enemy lines* your retreat path is not safe
3. When your squad has less than 50% health(Doesnt matter how many models in the squad, just retreat. Saves you manpower, especially over time. Very important with Ostheer for example)

having the feel for all of that comes again, over time.

But in general never be afraid of retreating too early at your level. Theres literally nothing wrong with preservation and taking care of your squads. AT higher levels you may have to be a bit more edgy with your retreats and more aggressive with your tactics but you're not there yet, so dont worry about all that. Preserve.

Armor piercing rounds: When you say the two quick shots, are you talking about that trick where you can auto attack then use ability or vice versa, cuz I forgot about that so thanks for the reminder :D If not that, then please elaborate on the 2 quick shots thing.

yes auto attack and then use the ability so it fires 2 shots in a row. Which is enough to knock 25-30% off a tiger with one little poke. Only vs vehicles though.

Closing comments: I had one engagement near the top VP where I was losing and I think a few others, but I was super worked up. Lots of frustration all match.

ALWAYS REMEMBER ITS A GAME. If you have bad rng or bad luck just say "well fuck me" and move on. No ones gonna come punch you in the face or kidnap your family if you lose a game of coh2.

Play cool. Play calm. Play collected.
9 Aug 2016, 01:17 AM

• *Stuff was here*

Can I just say I love the formatting you used? Really breaks up what could easily be tl;dr and drives home the major points.
9 Aug 2016, 01:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Can I just say I love the formatting you used? Really breaks up what could easily be tl;dr and drives home the major points.

lol thanks. I love my h3 tag nowadays
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 52
unknown 22
Russian Federation 7
United States 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L