2) It has 4 aproaches that hidden behide shot blockers
5 Aug 2016, 08:08 AM

the map was redesigned with shot blockers to allow flanking
5 Aug 2016, 08:20 AM

@was redesigned@

has awfull design still

Northen Cut OFF
5 Aug 2016, 09:46 AM

I've played a couple of games before deciding that this map will stay vetoed forever. The middle always turns into a massive MG arty fest.
5 Aug 2016, 10:18 AM

One of the many maps in this game that is significantly easier to play from the south position. The north cutoffs are much easier to harass, and also harder to hold if you start north.
Phy
5 Aug 2016, 10:33 AM

One of the many maps in this game that is significantly easier to play from the south position. The north cutoffs are much easier to harass, and also harder to hold if you start north.

Pretty much this. But if you ask me, in 2vs2 game mode, there are worse NORTH position maps so... LELIC :foreveralone:
5 Aug 2016, 13:57 PM
Strategist Badge

light vehicle pathing is horrendous in the middle due to all the small bits of cover.

Ostheer/defensive players have trouble against aggressive players/factions because there are no defensive positions from which you can hold your fuel and a cut off (holding a cutoff also leaves your base quite open).

In essence there is very little map structure to focus play, it ends up with units coming from any and every direction making mg placement/use often pointless. The amount of sight blockers also means its unlikely you will see much, making AT guns/mg's easily flank-able and as a result comebacks even less possible.

Left and right vps are difficult to harass and quite often lead to wipes if any light tanks are about because of the retreat path being the entire length of the map, which can lead to overly long games if an opponent wont surrender.

5 Aug 2016, 14:11 PM

I think I may have played this map three times in total. It's hideous, bring back Pripyat if we're going to tolerate "meh" maps.
5 Aug 2016, 15:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think I may have played this map three times in total. It's hideous, bring back Pripyat if we're going to tolerate "meh" maps.

I feel like the water on Pripyat gave it a slight edge in horribleness

But yeah Minsk still sucks.
5 Aug 2016, 17:25 PM

This, and la gleize. I mean, why the hell is la gleize even a 1v1 map. it's decent as a 4v4 map, but why relic why

honorable mentions are arnhem's north side fuel cutoff, and kholodny's right side cutoff. there maybe more. imba maps. pfff
5 Aug 2016, 17:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

For some reason I like this map. It's pretty shit, and heavily favors the South spawn, but I still like it somehow.

They need to open up the cutoff in the north more. It's incredibly difficult to hold as Ostheer due to the tight spacing and the cliff, and tanks have huge pathing issues around that side.
5 Aug 2016, 22:51 PM

Relic hates NORTH

Relic loves SOUTH
5 Aug 2016, 23:02 PM

ironic coz relic is in canada LUL

which is north
5 Aug 2016, 23:12 PM

Its been a shit map for 3 years and only improved a little bit. You seriously think they are going to make it a great map at this point? COH2 is 6-12 months past peak support. Very unlikely there will be major improvements to the game at this point.
5 Aug 2016, 23:21 PM

Coh2 might be past this point of 'peak support', but yet I think the upcoming of the new Relic-organzied tournament shows that it is not totally out of their view and smaller changes here and there are still possible. I dont think itll ever be a great map but I think the chance of it being improved at some point is still there
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 868
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment