Login

russian armor

Looking for some help

19 Jul 2013, 18:08 PM

I wasn't really sure where to post this, so it's going here. I was hoping that some people could take a look at this replay:Help!... and give us some tips. Usually we start off with a strong early game, but then get crushed mid to late game. I know we probably need to be getting more SU-85s but any other tips would be appreciated.
22 Jul 2013, 02:08 AM

The main issue I noticed was a failure to deal with vehicles effectively, beginning with the German Halftrack.

As soon as you start seeing vehicles, you need to start grouping your units more such that you have an AT gun supported by Conscripts with AT grenades, and/or Guards. Against light vehicles, you can also put Guards into a Scout Car as an effective mobile counter.

Later you'll need to prepare for the Panzer IV. Be sure to have the Mechanized Armor Kampaneya built by the time you have the 115 fuel for the SU-85. Depending on how comfortable you are with microing the SU-85, you may want to be rather conservative with it to be sure it isn't flanked and destroyed. If you lose your first SU-85 it's likely you'll be overrun by Panzer IVs. Again, AT grenades are important here for slowing down German vehicles enough that you can destroy them from a safe distance. Also, you'll want to protect your SU-85s against Panzergrenadiers with Panzerschrecks, so having Snipers or a Maxim nearby is a good idea.
22 Jul 2013, 19:37 PM
raw
22 Jul 2013, 19:51 PM

As soon as you start seeing vehicles, you need to start grouping your units more such that you have an AT gun supported by Conscripts with AT grenades, and/or Guards. Against light vehicles, you can also put Guards into a Scout Car as an effective mobile counter.

Guards in Clown Cars are never forced to reaim their large AT rifles and that increases their DPS significantly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★