Login

russian armor

Unable to delete object

22 Jul 2016, 16:21 PM

Hi, i have one major problem. I am making map for Tric´s Map contest and during this i placed object called med_supply_stash right in to the middle of my map. But that god damn object came with surprise. You can delete that big med box but inside of it there are those three smaller boxes (what OKW pioneers can place) that i cant click on nor delete, plus they are infinite so player can take as much he want. In builder i cant delete that thing.
Can someone help me pls? (exact path is ebps > races > west_german > buildings > defensive_structures)
Even CTRL+Z doesnt work and i rather not use stamp tool to make new map. Any ideas?

Thanks for reply.
23 Jul 2016, 06:14 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Ok, so here is what you do.

• Open up your map and let everything load.
  • Click on the Scenario drop down list. (Third from the left)
  • Click on Blueprint List (Second from the bottom)
  • Use this to find the object (entity), you want to delete
  • Select it in the list
  • Use the "Select Selected" button on the far right of the blueprint list window

• Use the "Delete Selected" button just underneath "Select Selected" button
  • You should be all set.

If this doesn't work you might have to stamp the entire map minus the section that this is placed, if you ever need help and see me online, please let me know and I can show you what needs to happen right on the stream.

As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure you were in there today/yesterday, but either way, please let me know if you need more help and I apologize that this post isn't pictures, its 2am for me. :P

23 Jul 2016, 09:09 AM
23 Jul 2016, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2016, 06:14 AMTric
Ok, so here is what you do.

• Open up your map and let everything load.
  • Click on the Scenario drop down list. (Third from the left)
  • Click on Blueprint List (Second from the bottom)
  • Use this to find the object (entity), you want to delete
  • Select it in the list
  • Use the "Select Selected" button on the far right of the blueprint list window

• Use the "Delete Selected" button just underneath "Select Selected" button
  • You should be all set.

If this doesn't work you might have to stamp the entire map minus the section that this is placed, if you ever need help and see me online, please let me know and I can show you what needs to happen right on the stream.

As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure you were in there today/yesterday, but either way, please let me know if you need more help and I apologize that this post isn't pictures, its 2am for me. :P

Thanks for you reply

Scenario isnt helping because object med_... is entity but those three boxes are not behaving as usual entity.
Link from IronMedic helped me and i am thankful for that.
Command "wb_orphan_nuke_entity" was able to delete this anomaly.

Thanks again guys.
23 Jul 2016, 10:36 AM

Btw is there any way how to make objects invisible? Not just visual but literally invisible in game.
If it needs to be coded, can you gimme any clue?

Thanks for help
24 Jul 2016, 01:26 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Well technically it is an entity, but it is pretty absurd that they need nuked.

Either way glad it was fixed. :P

And to address invisible objects, what exactly do you need it for?

As you can't make objects invisible but there are ways to work around certain things you might be trying to do.
28 Jul 2016, 18:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2016, 01:26 AMTric
Well technically it is an entity, but it is pretty absurd that they need nuked.

Either way glad it was fixed. :P

And to address invisible objects, what exactly do you need it for?

As you can't make objects invisible but there are ways to work around certain things you might be trying to do.

Sorry for long reply,

For example there are designer objects such as cover and sight blocks that are visible in game (which doesnt make any sense, who would want flashy green cube in map?) I need sight block that isnt that big as that invisible one (orange text "BLOCK").
29 Jul 2016, 07:52 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Ah! Sadly you found the only known entities that block LOS are of the invisible variety. There are no other size variations of sight blocking, there are for movement blockers, but no sight.

Do you have a screen of what you are trying to accomplish so I can see what you want to do?
29 Jul 2016, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2016, 07:52 AMTric
Ah! Sadly you found the only known entities that block LOS are of the invisible variety. There are no other size variations of sight blocking, there are for movement blockers, but no sight.

Do you have a screen of what you are trying to accomplish so I can see what you want to do?

I could but i am going to send my map to you soon (probably today). I would be great if you could tell me your opinion on the map and also we can talk about this issue that i mentioned to you.
I asked you on your stream when are you reviewing these maps but i forgot and when i asked again but no reply. Can you type it there so i can find it even if i forget?
I was trying something "new" in this map so i am looking forward what you and your viewers can say about that idea.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS