Login

russian armor

(2) Halbe

15 Jul 2016, 14:44 PM

Greetings everyone,

I am here to present you Halbe, a map I originally created in 2014, featuring the battle in the woods around Halbe in 1945. I am still looking for feedback.

Best regards
beagletank

Workshop link

15 Jul 2016, 19:29 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Lovely map Mr beagle. Cant wait to see another new coh2 map ;)
19 Jul 2016, 02:55 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Here is the feedback that I gathered during the stream.

• Buildings near cutoffs are imbalanced as the south base building sees multiple points and the north only sees 1. This should be an easy fix with the use of some LOS blockers (aka trees, hedges ect; )
  • I would like to see the territory points repainted to better reflect the visual feel of the map. For example the middle VP along the road should be tightened along the edge of the road to better visually reflect the territory, this can be done for most of the map and will help new players on the map not feel as "lost" for lack of a better word.
  • There are also some pathing issues due to the stumps along the hillside near the northern portion of the highway in the middle of the map. This needs adjusted to accommodate light vehicles as they are not able to crush the stumps that are used, making it very hard to place your vehicles accordingly. Especially in such a high traffic / contested area.
  • There are also some cover imbalances when capping points (medium cover in one, heavy cover in another), this needs to be adjusted to better balance the map.

If you have any questions let me know.
21 Jul 2016, 12:04 PM

Thank you for your constructive feedback, Tric. I tried so solve as many issues as possible.

-added some trees and hedges to the southern building. Now you should see only one point from there .
-updated the sector layout for a better visual look
-removed stumps for better path finding
-also replaced diverse objects at the capping points. Please let me know, if there are still balance problems.

6 Aug 2016, 19:47 PM

Update II

-replaced the Panther wreck at the central victory point
-also replaced the buggy debris in the east
-(re)moved diverse objects to prevent path finding issues

edith:

Hi Tric,

Sorry, relased this before watching your latest stream. Dind´t believe the problems were that bad. I thought I solved most of them. Will check for the other path finding issues and cover problems. It seems that I f**ked up the oob are with the latest update also. I will try my best to make this map as playable as possible. I listened to your feedback, but maybe misinterpreted some (or a lot) stuff.
:faint:

8 Aug 2016, 03:14 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Playtested again with your changes.

Here is the major thing that needs changed (before I look around in the wb)

• Salvageable vehicles are a big issue currently. You can only use the per-destroyed vehicles that have the prefix of "map object" which limits you to a handful of choices.
  • Using the opel blitz truck and the pz4 tank is also not good as it can be destroyed and then salvaged.

These are pretty easy to fix, I do not want to harp on the other issues that were not addressed yet, but would love to show you in the worldbuilder when the I receive the zipped .sgb files.
9 Aug 2016, 14:18 PM

*Big update incoming*

Ok, I changed a lot of stuff with this patch. Hopefully this din´t destroy the visual feel of Halbe.

* the sectors and the oob area should perfectly fit together now. No more units entering the northern base via the farm.
* replaced all military wrecks with map objects (excluding the oob)
* no more invisible green or red cover on the highway. Added some light cover (bushes, scrub) to the central reservation instead.
* tried to rebalance green cover by replacing a lot of objects. (This might need further playtesting.)
* reworked the forest for better path finding.
* new loading screen.
* added some more details to the oob area.
* changed some words in the map description.:D

Not sure yet, if I removed to much (light) cover or not. I might add some stuff back. Feedback is always welcome.

15 Aug 2016, 13:10 PM

*Hotfix*

* Brought back the old highway, including red cover.

* As a result I had to change the loading screen again. Damn you, Tric. :nahnah:

SGB.

16 Aug 2016, 08:45 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Thanks a ton will add it to the play test pool! I also won't post the feedback here as you clearly watched the VOD.
24 Aug 2016, 17:47 PM

* Hotfix II*

* added some groves to the oob, covering the map borders.

As long no one finds some game breaking issues, this should probably be the final update. Thx for all the feedback during the last weeks.
13 Sep 2016, 13:26 PM

*New Update*

* enlarged the base sectors for both players. (Had to stamp the whole map for that.;))
* added impass to the soft borders
* added some additional groves to cover the rest of the oob
* rotated the HQs

SGB.
23 Dec 2016, 14:42 PM

As you might have noticed, Halbe was added to the game with the latest update. I would like to thank everyone who helped me to make this possible. Especially Tric for all his feedback and constructive criticism. And don´t forget about LordRommel, advising me in historical questions and constantly spamming interesting map ideas. Thank you!
:D

1 New 1v1 Map - The community-made map and grand prize winner of Tric's Map Making contest, Halbe, has made its way into COH2's 1v1 automatch and custom games list. This map was created by community map maker, Beagletank
23 Dec 2016, 14:48 PM
Patrion 14

:)
23 Dec 2016, 14:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Wait when we play on this map, to get more positive feedback, our team of trolls work with it.
26 Jan 2017, 21:26 PM

Hi guys,

I decided to relase a new version of Halbe after a lot of constructive feedback, exspecially from Tric and ZombiFrancis. For futher information take a look at the
Community Map Feedback thread.

*changelog*

*added three heavily destructed areas to the highway, providing light cover near the VPs

*added some additional craters and bushes to the highway, including the fuel points

*updated map description and loading screen

*Download*

(2) Halbe (v2)

The new map description might be helpfull as well...

13 Mar 2017, 15:34 PM
Benefactor 3110

Hello Beagletank,

i just wanted to say that imho Halbe is one of the best coh2 maps of all time and i think it is on a level of Angoville and the like. Thank you for creating this great map.

Best Regards
awa59b
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight