I am here to present you Halbe, a map I originally created in 2014, featuring the battle in the woods around Halbe in 1945. I am still looking for feedback.
- Buildings near cutoffs are imbalanced as the south base building sees multiple points and the north only sees 1. This should be an easy fix with the use of some LOS blockers (aka trees, hedges ect; )
- I would like to see the territory points repainted to better reflect the visual feel of the map. For example the middle VP along the road should be tightened along the edge of the road to better visually reflect the territory, this can be done for most of the map and will help new players on the map not feel as "lost" for lack of a better word.
- There are also some pathing issues due to the stumps along the hillside near the northern portion of the highway in the middle of the map. This needs adjusted to accommodate light vehicles as they are not able to crush the stumps that are used, making it very hard to place your vehicles accordingly. Especially in such a high traffic / contested area.
- There are also some cover imbalances when capping points (medium cover in one, heavy cover in another), this needs to be adjusted to better balance the map.
If you have any questions let me know.
-added some trees and hedges to the southern building. Now you should see only one point from there .
-updated the sector layout for a better visual look
-removed stumps for better path finding
-also replaced diverse objects at the capping points. Please let me know, if there are still balance problems.
-replaced the Panther wreck at the central victory point
-also replaced the buggy debris in the east
-(re)moved diverse objects to prevent path finding issues
Sorry, relased this before watching your latest stream. Dind´t believe the problems were that bad. I thought I solved most of them. Will check for the other path finding issues and cover problems. It seems that I f**ked up the oob are with the latest update also. I will try my best to make this map as playable as possible. I listened to your feedback, but maybe misinterpreted some (or a lot) stuff.
Here is the major thing that needs changed (before I look around in the wb)
- Salvageable vehicles are a big issue currently. You can only use the per-destroyed vehicles that have the prefix of "map object" which limits you to a handful of choices.
- Using the opel blitz truck and the pz4 tank is also not good as it can be destroyed and then salvaged.
These are pretty easy to fix, I do not want to harp on the other issues that were not addressed yet, but would love to show you in the worldbuilder when the I receive the zipped .sgb files.
Ok, I changed a lot of stuff with this patch. Hopefully this din´t destroy the visual feel of Halbe.
* the sectors and the oob area should perfectly fit together now. No more units entering the northern base via the farm.
* replaced all military wrecks with map objects (excluding the oob)
* no more invisible green or red cover on the highway. Added some light cover (bushes, scrub) to the central reservation instead.
* tried to rebalance green cover by replacing a lot of objects. (This might need further playtesting.)
* reworked the forest for better path finding.
* new loading screen.
* added some more details to the oob area.
* changed some words in the map description.
Not sure yet, if I removed to much (light) cover or not. I might add some stuff back. Feedback is always welcome.
* Brought back the old highway, including red cover.
* As a result I had to change the loading screen again. Damn you, Tric.
* added some groves to the oob, covering the map borders.
As long no one finds some game breaking issues, this should probably be the final update. Thx for all the feedback during the last weeks.
* enlarged the base sectors for both players. (Had to stamp the whole map for that.)
* added impass to the soft borders
* added some additional groves to cover the rest of the oob
* rotated the HQs
1 New 1v1 Map - The community-made map and grand prize winner of Tric's Map Making contest, Halbe, has made its way into COH2's 1v1 automatch and custom games list. This map was created by community map maker, Beagletank
I decided to relase a new version of Halbe after a lot of constructive feedback, exspecially from Tric and ZombiFrancis. For futher information take a look at the
Community Map Feedback thread.
*added three heavily destructed areas to the highway, providing light cover near the VPs
*added some additional craters and bushes to the highway, including the fuel points
*updated map description and loading screen
(2) Halbe (v2)
The new map description might be helpfull as well...
Ladders Top 10
Mr.Smith, empyriumm, Landwehr, kitekaze, Tittendachs, some one, |GB| The Hooligan486, MrFF309, Sotjador, Kroxi, Banillo, boc120
1512 posts in the last week
7266 posts in the last month
Welcome our newest member, Freedom-2-Fight
Most online: 775 users on 26 Oct 2014, 01:01 AM