Login

russian armor

(2) Provence

15 Jul 2016, 11:45 AM

Hi guys,

I saw the map contest and I wanted to make a map to participate.
That's my first one so there are probably a lot of mistakes so I'd be happy if you could point me in the right direction.
And thanks a lot to all for your tutorials which helped me a lot.

So the map name is Provence and the goal was to make a warm map representing southern France.
I also wanted to do a map that would give a feeling of vastness by giving it different environment but which at the same time would feel united.

The layout idea was to have a dangerous corridor with negative cover in the middle, from North to South, open area in the middle from west to east and urban environment in the North East and South West.
I tried to put a lot of elements blocking LOS to incite contournement and surprise attack.

There are a few elements with which I'm having troubles:
First the territory layout and particularly the cut-off which I'm having difficulty getting a feeling if they are good or not.
Secondly I can't get the custom bridges being invulnerable. I'm not familiar with scar scripting and I didn't manage to get the different explanation I found to work. I only manage to light the searchlight on. The different codes I used froze the game at the start.
Thirdly the destroyed vehicles I put are salvageable, is there a way to make them not?

Anyway here is the steam workshop link and some picture to give you a feel of the map.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724888288

and thanks in advance for any feedback you could give me.

In mid-August 1944 began operation Anvil Dragoon. The American seventh army and the French first army landed in Provence to liberate southern France and make junction with the forces of operation overlord. French and American disembarked between Toulon and Cannes and are now racing north to encircle the Germans divisions. Opposing them will be General Wiese XIXth army. Crossing the middle road and railway will leave your infantry exposed in the open and make any crossing dangerous. Be ready for some close quarter encounter and deadly ambushes on the flanks.

19 Jul 2016, 02:56 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Could you submit this for review in this forum please? Do not include the screen shots so we can avoid clutter. TY. I will get to review your map in the coming week.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★