Login

russian armor

(2) Westwall

14 Jul 2016, 11:36 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Greeting at the community.

Today i want to present you my 1on1 map for the mapping contest called "Westwall".

Here is the workshop link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=724277599

Gallery:

I'm happy about feedback and comments!
17 Jul 2016, 22:38 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Feedback by Tric's stream:
First of all; Yeah. Territory was calculated. I havent adjusted the territories because i want to see some rounds on the map first. Thats definitely a point i will work on with more gamefeedback.
About the roads: Well. Thats strange... they are roads in editors and should generate negative cover. Perhaps i have selected the wrong spline texture. Will check it.
And last note: I tried to put as much cover in each similar sector as possible. E.g. their is green cover at the mirrored graveyard manpower point. There are stones for cover.

All in all thanks for the feedback!

Edit:
New version available!
Here is the new sector layout!
19 Jul 2016, 02:46 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Lovely! Love that you took the feedback to heart and I adore the new layout of the map. Looks wonderful.

Onto the roads, if you watched the stream/vod you will where I can find the difference in road usage (which I believe you did watch). What you can do to resolve this is make sure that all textures you are using are from the "road_asphalt" category, as these all have the vehicle move-speed and negative cover tied to them.

So if you don't want to visually change the map (which I am personally against) I would take a texture that you know works and change the alpha blend in the colorization options of the spline and turn it all the way down, thus making it invisible but still applying the road effects that I was talking about.

If you have any questions about what I am talking about here, I will try to explain better and you can always catch me on stream again, if that is easier for you.

Also there was only 1 point that was in dire need of adjustment via the cover difference and that was the point that utilized the gravestones vs the bushes (green vs medium) I can look at it again and take some screens if that would help you.

GL and thanks again for taking the feedback well.
19 Jul 2016, 07:33 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Everything already done with the new version.
Roads fixed, cover adjusted and added, sector layout, ectpp.

Thx for the feedback and stream!
19 Jul 2016, 19:34 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

No problem, could you do me a favor and upload a zipped folder of your sgb so I can take a look at it in the worldbuilder? I need to see if there are any other smaller issues that I can't see from in game, if you do feel free to post it here, inside the submission page, or just pm it to me.
19 Jul 2016, 21:12 PM
2 Nov 2016, 17:50 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

News:
After watching a number of replays, twitchstreams and ingame games i have released an updated version of Westwall.

Changes:
- New Cutoff gameplay.
- LoS adjustments (building at the VP points)
- Buildingbalance (exchanged building for balance [reduced HP, ectpp])
- New cover objects to attack the map center (two tank wracks)
- Cover balance at the central VP adjusted.
2 Nov 2016, 20:49 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

News:
After watching a number of replays, twitchstreams and ingame games i have released an updated version of Westwall.

Changes:
- New Cutoff gameplay.
- LoS adjustments (building at the VP points)
- Buildingbalance (exchanged building for balance [reduced HP, ectpp])
- New cover objects to attack the map center (two tank wracks)
- Cover balance at the central VP adjusted.

Make sure to send me the files, as myself and other players are testing the new changes on the maps off stream and getting things smoothed out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★