Login

russian armor

My Brits 2v2 against OKW blobs

10 Jul 2016, 15:15 PM

Feedback would be greatly appreciated it, trying Brits out again and this game made me mad cus blobs. Apologises for raging in chat lol.

I'm the British player. I know my Bofors was a huge fail both times and shaky unit preservation but would love to know what else as I felt like we were the better two but still lost. Maybe I'm wrong :S

11 Jul 2016, 08:55 AM

Kri
11 Jul 2016, 11:40 AM

Im not a strategist but I know a thing or two about Brits in 2vs2.
ill respond in a few hours.

EDIT:

From the looks of it, you and your teammate were not an assigned team. In the early game, especially vs OKW, you need to work together. I believe OKW have the stronger units if they play it right.

You went to hold your cutoff and lost it anyway. If you decide to hold it, just hop into the building. The sturmpioneers would not have engaged that I think.

Your mate went for the other side and only had 2 points capped, while if you guys were together, wouldve had the left side and probably the muni point. His mortar couldve helped preventing that Battlegroup from being build.

I think the bofors was a good idea, cheesy as it is. It just got caught at building at the wrong time by all of your opponents units. You might have wanted your vickers to cover that area more forward and try to surpress some of them(vickers does a shit job at supressing though.
At this point, I believe you lost 2 IS, a sappers and a bren carier due to the blob of doom.

At this point, I wouldve considered this a lost game already.

Notice he had a sturmofficier which means he will probably get an Jagdtiger later.

You build another vickers, not bad. You and your mate are still split though, even though you both had less units.

Shame to lose the vet one vickers to a stuka. Try to prioritize getting them out of buildings when you hear a stuka zu fuß. You should always have enough time to do so.

Bofors attempt 2. Safer placement, covered the build with the vickers. You dont really have the units to defend it in bad times. You knew he had a walking stuka which could hit hard or for the brace.

After that you try to fight with one IS vs a blob, bad idea. Try to lure him into the bofors early on.

I think you should be able to manually target the rakettenwerfers or ground attack them. Not 100% sure on this because I prefer the AEC 9/10 times.

Im surprised the axis didnt capitalize on their army advantage. You still have more VPs than them.

---

Speeding through the late game:

Crocodile Churchill was a nice choice against the blobs. You can just see they dont know how to play. Idiotic blobs.
He throws away a panther he just build to counter your churchill. Well placed AT guns here.
Missclick on the Firefly I believe, shame. You didnt really need it at that point but still, could be useful later.
Rebuild the firefly just to throw it away to the raketten, almost killed the vet 5 P4 though :/
You are repairing the churchill far back, allowing your opponent to grab the field.
Jagdtiger hits the field. Time to either flank or avoid his area.

I noted the above points while analyzing.

Now some general points after seen the entire match:

- Sturmofficier hints a later Jagdtiger, prepare an army to counter that. I like to pick the artillery cover doctrine + 2 or 3 cromwells for late game against axis.
- Get weapon upgrades and 5 man squads. Tommies in cover with double brens shred everything. He blobs hard, try to use vickers combined with 2 tommies with brens agaisnt his 4 squad blobs.
- I like to get a cromwell against infantry blobs. They do good damage and are very mobile which allows them to crush your opponent. He might get your engine damage but he will think twice after getting roadkilled. Cromwell wouldve also done a great job countering their Stuka. AFAIK, they didnt lay mines.
- Also an earlier centaur wouldve helped. Nice surpression and crazy dmg. Its not mobile so keep your distance. All your opponent can do is raketten, puma and jagdpanzer. Raketten are a joke once you spot them, puma loses to cromwell and Jagdpanzer can be easily flanked.
- Late game your weapon upgrade will allow your sappers to get double piats. They are great as supporting AT. 3 sappers all with double piats destroy Jagdtiger and King Tiger. Its also glorious against the OKW tech buildings.
11 Jul 2016, 19:07 PM

You should rename this as Brits 1v2 against OKW blobs. This is because your teammate was mostly absent.

(I couldn't stand watching the game past minute 20; the mistakes of your teammate were far too obvious).

If you ever have both players blobbing you, then you should be grateful. It means that your teammate will have an easy time capping the rest of the map, and your team will win. Instead, your teammate was floating something like 500 MP, avoiding fights, etc.

This meant that you had to do all the fighting, which means:
- You lose all your MP reinforcing your units
- You had to spread even thinner to do capping
- You feel constantly overwhelmed with micro

It's frustrating.

Tactics-wise, you could improve on the following things:

Sturm-officer

If you see a Sturmofficer in the middle of the enemy blob, just order your sniper to kill him. This will make all enemy player-owned units retreat to their base, which will give you room to breathe.

Stuka Barrages

The moment that the enemy fields a Stuka, it's best to ungarrison your MGs, as they will easily go down with the building that hosts them.

Until your micro improves so that you feel more confident dodging the barrages, I recommend building trenches for your Vickers. If the stuka barrages, the trench will go down, but the MG will safely jump out of the trench.

Dealing with uncooperative teammates

You can't choose your teammates. If your rank is low enough this means that you have high chance of getting bad teammates. Until you find a strategy to deal with this somehow, this will become a vicious cycle (aka ELO hell)

Whenever I am given a teammate that simply doesn't want to cooperate, I try to influence the battle order to force them to cooperate.

How? Just withdraw your forces to your base for 30 secs.

If the enemy is blobby, they will feel confident in attacking your teammate. When that happens you join forces with your teammate. At the same time, it helps having an odd unit capping the other side of the map.

In order to have that kind of flexibility this means that you should completely avoid static emplacements (since you can't just really pack-up-and-go).

Raketenwerfers

The easiest way to deal with these things is get some air recon going (air recon reveals cloaked units).

The best sources of air recon for brits are:
- Tactical support/ R.Eng command vehicle (aka FREE RECON)
- Airlanding officer vet1 ability (costs 30 munitions, spammable)

Once spotted, you can nuke those things with whatever you have. If you don't spot those things in time, they will wreck you.

Final notes

1. Note that you have played less than 10 2v2 games as UKF. Until you do that, you get randomly placed with players all over the spectrum. Your gaming experience can be extremely frustrating until your rank stabilizes a bit (around 15-20 games).

2. Playing more games as the opposing factions will also give you unique insights about how they work, and how to best counter them.
11 Jul 2016, 21:47 PM

You should rename this as Brits 1v2 against OKW blobs. This is because your teammate was mostly absent.(....)

Ah I wasn't really playing attention to my teammate, I guess I didn't factor that in. I really appreciate the pointers though so thank you. How do I order my sniper to kill the Officer specifically? Rather than one of the 4?

When you say 'nuke with whatever you've got' this game I went Croc doc (so no Sexton or AVRE) and didn't get a mortar pit so what indirect fire options do I really have?

But yeah I do definitely need to get ranked as Brits and should probably play more Axis :P

Thanks again though dude I really appreciate it.
11 Jul 2016, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2016, 11:40 AMKri
Im not a strategist but I know a thing or two about Brits in 2vs2.
ill respond in a few hours.

EDIT: (...)

Thanks bro, been playing more and you're right 5 man, 2 brens, vet 3 tommies are insanely good! Plus if my opponents are gravitating towards blobs early Centaur is what I go (I was under the impression they sucked since the nerf, but they're actually okay, require more micro than before however)

I also finally got enough supply to buy the Land mattress commander and the Rocket Artillery is amazingly powerful so will probably make that my go to for countering blobs for now on. (will miss the croc like)

Thanks for taking the time, appreciate it!
12 Jul 2016, 07:15 AM

Ah I wasn't really playing attention to my teammate, I guess I didn't factor that in. I really appreciate the pointers though so thank you. How do I order my sniper to kill the Officer specifically? Rather than one of the 4?

You don't. You just aim the squad and pray.

Note that for as long as the Sturmofficer stays alive he buffs all infantry around him with a +20% accuracy bonus. Since that was about 10 Volks squads around him, you were effectively fighting 12 Volks squads.

When you say 'nuke with whatever you've got' this game I went Croc doc (so no Sexton or AVRE) and didn't get a mortar pit so what indirect fire options do I really have?

As Brits? None. That's one of the faction weaknesses.

The kind of nuking I had in mind is to send infantry and bruise them up.
Both Crocodile and AVRE should do well vs team weapons. AVRE is just godly though.

In that game a mortar pit might have helped; but only if you built it on your teammates' side, to force your teammate to fight (Machiavellian tactics, again).
12 Jul 2016, 09:50 AM

You don't. You just aim the squad and pray.

Note that for as long as the Sturmofficer stays alive he buffs all infantry around him with a +20% accuracy bonus. Since that was about 10 Volks squads around him, you were effectively fighting 12 Volks squads.

As Brits? None. That's one of the faction weaknesses.

The kind of nuking I had in mind is to send infantry and bruise them up.
Both Crocodile and AVRE should do well vs team weapons. AVRE is just godly though.

In that game a mortar pit might have helped; but only if you built it on your teammates' side, to force your teammate to fight (Machiavellian tactics, again).

Thanks dude, I'll take these on board. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★