Could it #workasintended ?

9 Jul 2016, 15:11 PM

if only there was a G42 upgrade :D
9 Jul 2016, 15:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2016, 15:11 PMSmaug
if only there was a G42 upgrade :D

Fixed :D
9 Jul 2016, 15:17 PM

Remove useless vet1 medkit ability, move vet2+3 to vet1+2, then vet3 5 man. Medkit so traash.
9 Jul 2016, 15:19 PM

#NotBad ;)
HearHear!
9 Jul 2016, 15:38 PM

Remove useless vet1 medkit ability, move vet2+3 to vet1+2, then vet3 5 man. Medkit so traash.

Nope.
9 Jul 2016, 15:45 PM

Right direction but still nobody would build the Panther. Nobody who hasn´t won the game already.
9 Jul 2016, 16:02 PM

according with the army design, 5 men crew for team weapons can be a good solution.
9 Jul 2016, 16:12 PM

Or some light vehicle, which can reinforcement infantry and support teams on field.
9 Jul 2016, 16:36 PM
Patrion 14

All ost needs is a 251 buff to make it at the very least as durable as the m5. If anything, the 251 should be more powerful than the m5 durability wise since it should be the backbone of a support weapon heavy army lke ostheer. Th rest of ostheer is fine, and in terms of medium armor, the issue is more with the fact that british armor is too cost efficient.
9 Jul 2016, 16:37 PM

1)maybe
2)no no no no...too much sherman mirroring, give different buff, let it come already upgraded or slighty cheaper
3)hmm... why not? But make sure that it's dedicated on a certain range and note a no-brain upgrade
4)All right. But TDs still have to work reliably
9 Jul 2016, 16:46 PM

1.) Then 2 DP-28s/2 PTRSs upgrade for cons at vet 3, pls. You just can't buff infantry, which performs well right now, without buffing their "mirror" in another faction. And since your improvement fixes their balancing weakness "glassy" - cons fix should affect their balancing weakness - "firepower".

2.) What for? Universal rounds > different. ISU experience proven it...

3.) What for again? LMG-42 performs way better. And besides - we have some ohter factions, which would get some benefit from "non-doc" weapon upgrades, you know...

4.) Slightly up rate of fire for IS-2 then. Tiger is just fine balanced tank, with all medium stats of heavy. Medium range, damage, penetration, HP and armor. It may look pretty weak, but actually that tank performs very nice.

Only improvement, which I possibly see is adding in T4 some kind of analog of "Knightcrosses" from vCoH for very high price. It doesn't mean, that they should be same immortal as crosses were - it just should be pretty powerful, but expensive infantry for late, like Obers, but maybe for CQC.

In everything else - Ostheer are absolutely fine faction, equiped with almost everything you need. Only infantry is in bad shape, but I guess it's deisgn feature.
9 Jul 2016, 16:51 PM

The only thing I'd like to see is a Tiger's frontal armor buff up to 340.
9 Jul 2016, 17:38 PM

1.) Then 2 DP-28s/2 PTRSs upgrade for cons at vet 3, pls. You just can't buff infantry, which performs well right now, without buffing their "mirror" in another faction. And since your improvement fixes their balancing weakness "glassy" - cons fix should affect their balancing weakness - "firepower".

2.) What for? Universal rounds > different. ISU experience proven it...

3.) What for again? LMG-42 performs way better. And besides - we have some ohter factions, which would get some benefit from "non-doc" weapon upgrades, you know...

4.) Slightly up rate of fire for IS-2 then. Tiger is just fine balanced tank, with all medium stats of heavy. Medium range, damage, penetration, HP and armor. It may look pretty weak, but actually that tank performs very nice.

Only improvement, which I possibly see is adding in T4 some kind of analog of "Knightcrosses" from vCoH for very high price. It doesn't mean, that they should be same immortal as crosses were - it just should be pretty powerful, but expensive infantry for late, like Obers, but maybe for CQC.

In everything else - Ostheer are absolutely fine faction, equiped with almost everything you need. Only infantry is in bad shape, but I guess it's deisgn feature.
here comes stalin
9 Jul 2016, 18:40 PM

How to fix Ostheer ----> combined arms.

Although i think p4 needs more penetration. Perhaps with vet or something.
9 Jul 2016, 18:59 PM

Nope.

If you actually use that trash then something is wrong with you.
9 Jul 2016, 19:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Mod hat On: Before this get's derailed, you should realize what Miss Commisar is saying is on the same level of what OP is proposing. An exaggerated response to an exaggerated claim.

Since my browser crashed, i'm gonna summarize your whole propositions OP into a nope.

What i DO think it could be done to OH (IB4 someone asked for simil changes to SU; i've already done this in the past) is the following:

Pio
-Reduce popcap to 5

Pio/Gren
-After BP3 is researched, unlocks on HQ an upgrade for a 5th man equal to UKF one. Fixes repair speed, AoE late game lethality, recrewing weapons without messing with the early-mid game.

Vet 1 Field med kit
-Removed from PG/AG/Arty Off/ST
-Option 1: replace with a single medkit stash equal to OKW one. Reduce cost to 15.
-Option 2: increase heal speed and heal amount to 80. Reduce cost to 15

Mortar
-Vet1 Counter barrage range from 80 to 90 (from 106 to 120 on vet3)

Sniper
-Vet1 IR accuracy from 10.0 to 2.0

PG
-Vet1: -10% received accuracy
-Vet2: from -29% RA to -23% RA
Overall it goes from 0.8/08/0.568 to 0.8/0.72/0.5544
Alternative Mirage option: "Field Medical Kit" changed to "Mark Target". This ability is used on hostile infantry causing them to take 15% additional received accuracy. During this time, the Panzer Grenadiers also receive this de-buff.

-PG G43 upgrade: gives them the same JLI snipe abilities
Alternative: just improve mid/long range damage

251 HT
-Vet1 Infantry awareness becomes a toggle option which reduces HT speed by 0.5
-Passively gains XP of nearby units (simil to officers). Losses this if upgraded.

-Fix coaxial MG
-Increase cost by 10f (+5 would be a fix, +10f should had been it's cost after it's HP got increased and the AC was made passive)
-Same change as HT Infantry awareness

Ostwind
-Improved vet0 AA capabilities
-MAYBE improve AI from base MG. Make it passive the upgrade coming from the suppression bulletin? (1 was barely noticeable although when stacked it did have effect)

PIV
-Reduce -5f cost

PV
-Improved base accuracy on the move.

Assault Gren
-Vet1 replaced with -10% RA and faster recharge on Sprint
-Remove the 1.5 armor (if it's still there) from the squad leader.
-Either slightly reducing reinforce cost or see how they could get improved with vet. Ex: vet3 unlocking an upgrade for a couple of Stg44 ?

Artillery Field Officer
-Popcap to 6
-Vet1 replaced with a light artillery barrage. Equal to vet0 major arty.

Stormtroopers
-Vet1: faster decap speed (this is thinking on their role on the Encirclement Doc).
Since they have been added to Elite Doc alternative: -10% RA or Mark target (although it could get cheesy with Focus fire STG upgrade)

-G43: gave them JLI snipe capabilities
Alternative: give them 4 G43

250 HT
-Reduce fuel cost from 30f to 20f

Stug-E
-Fix TWP. Right now it's using Stug-G TWP.
-Reduce penetration from 280 to 100 (double base pen) and damage from 160 to 80.

Then there's changes to Commander abilities (Stuka dive bomb or Defensive Commander for ex.) and overall performance of Howitzers which deserve a separate thread. I think i have gone through all/most of units and issues.

PD: not sure if TWP on Puma retaining stun is an issue or not.
9 Jul 2016, 19:25 PM

Vet 1 Field med kit
-Option 1: replace with a single medkit stash equal to OKW one. Reduce cost to 15.

Better, actually. A balanced and usable vet 1, AND lelic can just reuse that ability over to Ostheer.
9 Jul 2016, 19:31 PM

Mod hat On: Before this get's derailed, you should realize what Miss Commisar is saying is on the same level of what OP is proposing. An exaggerated response to an exaggerated claim.

Since my browser crashed, i'm gonna summarize your whole propositions OP into a nope.

What i DO think it could be done to OH (IB4 someone asked for simil changes to SU; i've already done this in the past) is the following:

Pio
-Reduce popcap to 5

Pio/Gren
-After BP3 is researched, unlocks on HQ an upgrade for a 5th man equal to UKF one. Fixes repair speed, AoE late game lethality, recrewing weapons without messing with the early-mid game.

Vet 1 Field med kit
-Option 2: increase heal speed and heal amount to 80. Reduce cost to 15

Mortar
-Vet1 Counter barrage range from 80 to 90 (from 106 to 120 on vet3)

Sniper
-Vet1 IR accuracy from 10.0 to 2.0

PG
-Vet1: -10% received accuracy
-Vet2: from -29% RA to -23% RA
Overall it goes from 0.8/08/0.568 to 0.8/0.72/0.5544
Alternative Mirage option: "Field Medical Kit" changed to "Mark Target". This ability is used on hostile infantry causing them to take 15% additional received accuracy. During this time, the Panzer Grenadiers also receive this de-buff.

-PG G43 upgrade: gives them the same JLI snipe abilities
Alternative: just improve mid/long range damage

251 HT
-Vet1 Infantry awareness becomes a toggle option which reduces HT speed by 0.5
-Passively gains XP of nearby units (simil to officers). Losses this if upgraded.

-Fix coaxial MG
-Increase cost by 10f (+5 would be a fix, +10f should had been it's cost after it's HP got increased and the AC was made passive)
-Same change as HT Infantry awareness

Ostwind
-Improved vet0 AA capabilities
-MAYBE improve AI from base MG. Make it passive the upgrade coming from the suppression bulletin? (1 was barely noticeable although when stacked it did have effect)

PIV
-Reduce -5f cost

PV
-Improved base accuracy on the move.

Assault Gren
-Vet1 replaced with -10% RA and faster recharge on Sprint
-Remove the 1.5 armor (if it's still there) from the squad leader.
-Either slightly reducing reinforce cost or see how they could get improved with vet. Ex: vet3 unlocking an upgrade for a couple of Stg44 ?

Artillery Field Officer
-Popcap to 6
-Vet1 replaced with a light artillery barrage. Equal to vet0 major arty.

Stormtroopers
-Vet1: faster decap speed (this is thinking on their role on the Encirclement Doc).
Since they have been added to Elite Doc alternative: -10% RA or Mark target (although it could get cheesy with Focus fire STG upgrade)

-G43: gave them JLI snipe capabilities
Alternative: give them 4 G43

250 HT
-Reduce fuel cost from 30f to 20f

Stug-E
-Fix TWP. Right now it's using Stug-G TWP.
-Reduce penetration from 280 to 100 (double base pen) and damage from 160 to 80.

Then there's changes to Commander abilities (Stuka dive bomb or Defensive Commander for ex.) and overall performance of Howitzers which deserve a separate thread. I think i have gone through all/most of units and issues.

PD: not sure if TWP on Puma retaining stun is an issue or not.

:wub:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS