Login

russian armor

I don't understand the new mines

6 Jul 2016, 05:42 AM

Pls halp.

Previously, I never had issues with mines. They seemed to almost always pay off (I suppose that's why they got nerfed?) But now they don't seem to matter much. I almost never see suppression going off, and often it's just one model down. So preparing a defense with mines doesn't seem to make sense. I get they are good against vehicles but now they seem like a poor investment versus infantry.

My replays are all broken by the patches.

Pls halp!! Replays or videos doubly appreciated.
6 Jul 2016, 05:57 AM

Mines should be more like anti tank defensive options. You can always do some demos to wipe squads.
6 Jul 2016, 06:01 AM

Hmm, that was my thought as well - using demos for infantry, mines for tanks. So are S mines best avoided?
6 Jul 2016, 06:12 AM

Other than a few inconsistencies cause Relic, General purpose mines will take out 2 models from a squad so they are definately worth against factions with 4-5 man squads still

Now theyre also supposed to cause Suppression so but I feel its abit buggy, but you can understand the usefulness of this just imagine an Obersoldaten squad walking on a mine, 2 models lost and squad is suppressed then even combat engineers can force them off
6 Jul 2016, 07:36 AM

6 Jul 2016, 07:48 AM

Hmm, that was my thought as well - using demos for infantry, mines for tanks. So are S mines best avoided?

IIRC s-mines were left untouched my the mine changes. It said in the patch notes that the changes were for "general-purpose mines" only, which leaves out the -smines.
11 Jul 2016, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 05:57 AMVIPUKS
Mines should be more like anti tank defensive options. You can always do some demos to wipe squads.

Or just planting them on retreat paths seems to do the job. S-mines seems to work insanely good this way... (problem just seems to be that how on earth can one do it if enemy has half the brain)

Demo charges should be a lot easier to destroy, last time i had problems with them when 2 PZIVs could not destroy them with cannons (did not connect to direct hits but those with direct hit got destroyed, idk if something weird with AoE or target size or both).
11 Jul 2016, 13:19 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Well, mines seem bugged, i had a P4 drive over a mine, there was explosion but tank didn't receive any damage nor engine damage..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★