Login

russian armor

Disable infantry ducking away from tanks?

Dar
5 Jul 2016, 19:12 PM

Hey community,

two quick questions.

1. When a (friendly, in this case) tank is about to "bump" into an infantryman, the guy will run away from it, breaking the formation of the unit. How is this behaviour controlled? Is it hardcoded? Could it be turned off temporarily, like, with a modifier? I tried reaction_enable modifier, but with no success so far.

2. The maximum speed of a vehicle can afaik only be modified by a modifier which allows to add a certain value or multiply the speed. But is there a way to set the speed to a certain value without the multiplication of the original one?
6 Jul 2016, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2016, 19:12 PMDar

2. The maximum speed of a vehicle can afaik only be modified by a modifier which allows to add a certain value or multiply the speed.

You're wrong.

Under ebps > (vehicle in question)_ebps > _extension > moving_ext > speed_max, is where you should be modifying the base maximum speed of a vehicle unit, and moving_ext is where you should always set the base movement stats of a vehicle, not through _modifiers.

Next time, you should double-check the tools for any options/function that will serve your purpose because that will save you more time. And give the entire tool a thorough once-over to identify key features that you will use for your mod, so that it will be much easier for you to use the tools.

If you need any more help, feel free to ask.

EDIT: I'm sorry for the rude reply, if I appear as rude. It's been a tiring day.
Dar
6 Jul 2016, 10:46 AM

:) Very well, I see I should have made my question a little more clear.

Of course I know where to SET the original maximum speed of a vehicle in the ebps section. However I am only talking about how to MODIFY it, i.e. take the base value (defined in the ebps' moving_ext) and change it (activated by an ability, upgrade, aura, etc) by addition, multiplication, subtraction or, what I am looking for, replacement by a certain value (which seemingly can't be done with the speed_max modifier). This is not exactly a key feature, just something that comes up during development as a result of more or less spontaneous ideas.

And rest assured, whenever I post a question here, I have already spent some time once-overing the tools.
6 Jul 2016, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 10:46 AMDar
:) Very well, I see I should have made my question a little more clear.

Of course I know where to SET the original maximum speed of a vehicle in the ebps section. However I am only talking about how to MODIFY it, i.e. take the base value (defined in the ebps' moving_ext) and change it (activated by an ability, upgrade, aura, etc) by addition, multiplication, subtraction or, what I am looking for, replacement by a certain value (which seemingly can't be done with the speed_max modifier). This is not exactly a key feature, just something that comes up during development as a result of more or less spontaneous ideas.

And rest assured, whenever I post a question here, I have already spent some time once-overing the tools.

I don't see the problem. You're basically describing it the same way as the solution I provided. So help me understand what you're actually trying to say. Are you asking -

How to set the maximum speed of a vehicle through an _ext?

OR

How to modify the maximum speed of a vehicle by using a _modifier?
Dar
6 Jul 2016, 11:41 AM

Alright, in detail:

1. The max speed of the vehicle is set in the moving_ext of the vehicle entity, let's say the value is 5,7.

2. I toggle an ability that will let the vehicle slow down - however I want it to slow down exactly to a max_speed of 3. A _modifier triggered by the ability will only allow me to modify the existing max_speed - not replace it with a fixed value.

I can therefore only multiply the original max_speed by, in this case 0,526 - to get very close to a speed of 3. However, once veterancy speed modifiers for example kick in too, I will no longer be able to achieve a max speed of 3 with the same multiplier.
6 Jul 2016, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 11:41 AMDar
Alright, in detail:

1. The max speed of the vehicle is set in the moving_ext of the vehicle entity, let's say the value is 5,7.

2. I toggle an ability that will let the vehicle slow down - however I want it to slow down exactly to a max_speed of 3. A _modifier triggered by the ability will only allow me to modify the existing max_speed - not replace it with a fixed value.

I can therefore only multiply the original max_speed by, in this case 0,526 - to get very close to a speed of 3. However, once veterancy speed modifiers for example kick in too, I will no longer be able to achieve a max speed of 3 with the same multiplier.

There isn't a specific option, yet, but there is a work around -

You'll need to create two instances of the ability, let's call them ability_speed_1 and ability_speed_2.

These two abilities will slow down the vehicle to a maximum speed of 3 (or closer).

You will set under ability_speed_2's requirement_ext to require a veterancy rank of (desired rank number) by using required_squad_veterancy.

ability_speed_1's requirement_ext will then be set to required_not the veterancy rank stated in ability_speed_2's requirement_ext.

Make sure you modify both of these abilities to reduce the maximum speed of the vehicle to 3 (or closer) from the vehicle's latest original speed. Example, at veteran 0, vehicle's max speed is 7, at veteran 1, vehicle's max speed is 8, so you will use each ability to modify each vet. level's max speed.

Now give these two abilities to the vehicle. Make sure you give the abilities to either the ebps or the sbps as appropriated by how the ability applies the _modifiers.

To modify whether an ability is usable or displayable or both, change the requirement_reason of the requirement to either -

usage

display

OR

usage_and_display

This way, one instance of the ability will be usable and displayed to the player at veteran 0, and when the vehicle reaches veteran 1, the other ability will be displayed and usable, while the previous instance will be hidden from the player.

Let me know if you are having any issues with the topic.
Dar
6 Jul 2016, 13:52 PM

Yes, I am aware of how this all works, but thank you for the detailed description anyway, it might help less experienced mod tool users.

This is of course an option I had in mind, but wanted to avoid, as you said it is a workaround and I was hoping for a more elegant option. Guess theres no way around then.

Anything on my first question that comes to mind? The infantry ducking away?
6 Jul 2016, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 13:52 PMDar
Anything on my first question that comes to mind? The infantry ducking away?

I've never tried to modify it, so I'm afraid I can't help you with this one, for now, sorry.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★