Login

russian armor

I wish patch 2.601 was here

2 Jul 2016, 19:48 PM

i tried to get back to coh1 after 4 years not playing it but i regret it so much this game has become even worse than coh2 or better to say its like coh2 now.

do you guys remember the old days where a wehrmacht player needed to know how to micro his MG with bike assist or get a right time PAK and things like that? if u knew how to play wehr u were basically really good in this game cause volks were only a support unit and they sucked for attack and u had to hold the line until u had vet and upper Tiers... well its all gone now. just spam volks then with sniper spam and US cant do a fucking shit against this i miss the goddamn old days where US players needed to flank they needed to know the map and all paths but now every match is like i am playing coh2. against noobs who do not even know how to micro but just because blobing works prefectly now they manage to survive early game and if got lucky even win the game.

everytime i asked Aimstrong to play coh1 after steam migration he only told me "let the dead horse rest" and i believe he was right. this game got raped this is not what i played back in 2010 anymore!

only problem with 2.601 was the british forces nothing else, no needed to completely break USA and make them super underpowered and only make the game axis sided.
3 Jul 2016, 12:30 PM

i tried to get back to coh1 after 4 years not playing it but i regret it so much this game has become even worse than coh2 or better to say its like coh2 now.

do you guys remember the old days where a wehrmacht player needed to know how to micro his MG with bike assist or get a right time PAK and things like that? if u knew how to play wehr u were basically really good in this game cause volks were only a support unit and they sucked for attack and u had to hold the line until u had vet and upper Tiers... well its all gone now. just spam volks then with sniper spam and US cant do a fucking shit against this i miss the goddamn old days where US players needed to flank they needed to know the map and all paths but now every match is like i am playing coh2. against noobs who do not even know how to micro but just because blobing works prefectly now they manage to survive early game and if got lucky even win the game.

everytime i asked Aimstrong to play coh1 after steam migration he only told me "let the dead horse rest" and i believe he was right. this game got raped this is not what i played back in 2010 anymore!

only problem with 2.601 was the british forces nothing else, no needed to completely break USA and make them super underpowered and only make the game axis sided.

Well I don't know anything about coh1 nowadays but back in 2010 the things were exactly the opposite. Meaning allied trololol everywhere and especially on the brits side except 1v1. USF was easy like hell while P Elite was like going into hell and back. To bad they ruined it though. That was a better game, but sooo exposed to cheating. I think back in the days almost 50% of player base was using at least maphack in team games. It was so sad, an amazing RTS ruined by imbalance and cheaters.
3 Jul 2016, 13:18 PM

I remember that i quitted when the op roo patch happened, remember when you needed 3 paks to take out a single roo? The allies where op b4 that, but that was the point when i deinstalled and never turned back.
4 Jul 2016, 04:35 AM

I dunno man I reckon the balance is perfect now and I actually find US to be the strongest. I was never overly good maybe 14 max but I play all factions and always feel I got beat fair and square these days rather than raging out over horrible cheese stuff. The game was dominated by maphack back when you are talking about which is not around anymore meaning it is the fairest battleground its ever been.

If they would just put the ranks back correctly Id be happy playing this for years to come.
4 Jul 2016, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2016, 04:35 AMpodrae
I dunno man I reckon the balance is perfect now and I actually find US to be the strongest. I was never overly good maybe 14 max but I play all factions and always feel I got beat fair and square these days rather than raging out over horrible cheese stuff. The game was dominated by maphack back when you are talking about which is not around anymore meaning it is the fairest battleground its ever been.

If they would just put the ranks back correctly Id be happy playing this for years to come.

sadly the maphack and sync hack still work on steam version as you see "kuzyyulidizy" or whatever his name was still make his hacks work on every 2v2 match he plays i see tones of replays of him doing this being posted on gr but that is not my point at all. USA was fully attacker faction and really bad at defense the stupid 2.602 patch nerfed every USA advantage in early game such as rifels getting faster veterancy if sticky bomb or nade or bars were upgraded.

and then strafe is totally useless from early game and volks were only a shit unit to hold enemy a bit longer not to rape rifles at any range specially long range. volks spam works so prefect now i have lost 2 matches against people who had absolutly no idea how to play i wish i had the replays to show you. they dont even make MG anymore its only 4-5 volks blob and then 2 sniper and u may say get a fast M8 well ye guess what 4-5 volks blobed together fire a faust at your M8 and its done its gg. if u get a sherman its same story again. u get early BARs its again same story because they just remain in longe range and upgrade one of the volks with MP40 and u cant even get close to them u only see your rifle being raped by snipers and then volks. since when before 2.602 you could survive as wehrmacht if u didnt know how to micro your MG?? MG was a key unit to Wehr army but now it is not even needed.

and dont let me get started with Panzer elite easy win army.... the G43 buff completely made them early KCH unit. i honestly miss those days where if u were winning as wehrmacht you could feel like u earned some big achievement now it is a disgrace to play OP axis. brits is OP and PE is super OP and wehr is OP and only fuckig US which was the only faction that you needed to know the map so well and micro and flank is just being fucked by everything.
12 Jul 2016, 03:38 AM

I think this would have been the inevitable end of any patch that lasted 4+ years. People get comfortable using mass snipers. They really needed some attention and they didn't get it.
12 Jul 2016, 05:14 AM

Yeah, they totally broke the game for some reason.

I knew a lot of bugs on the current version, the ones I remember by memory is.

1- volks don't cost any upkeep, so you can have 10 volks squads and still get 300 manpower per minute, making volks essentially free to reinforce.

2- the M10 missfire, makes M10's useless since they will fire a "blank" shot 50% of the times.

also I don't know if it is a bug, but nebels ALWAYS hit ATGs in the fog, even if you click very far away from them (the rockets land literally on top of the ATG every time)

And Flaks 88 always hit ATs too (the actual gun, not the crew, and explode the weapon in 2 shots, making american ATs useless)
12 Jul 2016, 05:22 AM

and dont let me get started with Panzer elite easy win army.... the G43 buff completely made them early KCH unit. i honestly miss those days where if u were winning as wehrmacht you could feel like u earned some big achievement now it is a disgrace to play OP axis. brits is OP and PE is super OP and wehr is OP and only fuckig US which was the only faction that you needed to know the map so well and micro and flank is just being fucked by everything.

you are wrong tough.

Brits will simply SMASH Panzer Elite every time in 1v1s, there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop them.

PE will always beat americans using the luftwaffe doctrine. because invisible kettens and butterfly mines are super op (5~6 of those can destroy a pershing LOL). not to mention the super AC and ATHT that have the super op focus fire and tread breaker that simply immobilize any tank you target.

Then you have the infamous wehrmatch, that simply win against anything, any strategy works.

and americans are just a joke, The only thing they have are rifleman veterancy (good luck getting it!) and snipers (dat vet 3 bonus) everything else either suck or are too much expensive or both.
16 Jul 2016, 20:10 PM

its just boring today i decided to play another USA game and i get vs a volks blober with blitz grenades.
16 Jul 2016, 20:55 PM

I can't say anything about this patch... but when I played some 2v2 matches as allies some weeks ago, I had the feeling that PE (especially 222 spam) was even more broken than before (~3 years ago)
17 Jul 2016, 14:27 PM

Never liked to blame the game for my defeats, i was level 11 before the new steam version and i liked to play mostly as US, as i do now. Even long time ago i have read a thread on gr.org, where even the best players admitted that the Wehrmacht is more forgiving to play than the US in 2.602. Buffing the wehrmacht even more wasn't that necessary, especially 22 mp volks is a complete failure.

Playing as US now is indeed kinda frustrating in comparison to wehr. The only thing i have found to overcome that lack of balance is mortar smoke. It is the only thing in this game that can neutralize sniper spam and suppression(so, the MG42 buff). I have won a lot of games thanks to this, which normally i would have lost , but it doesn't solve all the problems for sure...

Someone has lvl 16 in this game as Ami, so it is possible to win... but amount of effort you often have to put into it in comparison to other factions is imho too big and i often considered playing it as a waste of time. But that's only my opinion, i never was a pro.
19 Jul 2016, 14:56 PM

Never liked to blame the game for my defeats, i was level 11 before the new steam version and i liked to play mostly as US, as i do now. Even long time ago i have read a thread on gr.org, where even the best players admitted that the Wehrmacht is more forgiving to play than the US in 2.602. Buffing the wehrmacht even more wasn't that necessary, especially 22 mp volks is a complete failure.

Playing as US now is indeed kinda frustrating in comparison to wehr. The only thing i have found to overcome that lack of balance is mortar smoke. It is the only thing in this game that can neutralize sniper spam and suppression(so, the MG42 buff). I have won a lot of games thanks to this, which normally i would have lost , but it doesn't solve all the problems for sure...

Someone has lvl 16 in this game as Ami, so it is possible to win... but amount of effort you often have to put into it in comparison to other factions is imho too big and i often considered playing it as a waste of time. But that's only my opinion, i never was a pro.

you are correct, but my point is not about how to win? i am just pointing at how boring the game is even if u win versus PE and wehrmacht it is a shitty game that you only suffered a spam nothing more and to counter that you had to spam back so it was spam vs spam. they removed rifles veterancy bonus for upgrading to BAR+Sticky+Nades and only supply yard upgrade 1 gives them a bonus for veterancy. on other hand volks get no upkeep price and their reinforce cost is too low and MG42 costs 250 from 260 and volks accuracy is better than before specially in long range they can even take out bar rifles in green cover.

against pe is another story, the G43 buffs were totally not needed the volly fire is insta pin for a cheap price but for Rifles surprissive fire u need to spend 40 muni and hold it a while on enemy to slowly surpress them.

G43 range buffs and damage buffs totally made PG squads early KCH long range units and once you get counter to taht they have access to armor and its the only faction which does not even need fuel to produce any tanks like panthers which are totally game changing.

when you destory a wehrmacht tank like pantehr u have made the player to pay a big price but for PE its like they dont care if they lose the panther or not because while the panthers are in the field and your PG g43 spam is keeping the enemy away from even getting close u have enough manpower to replace panthers when they are destroyed. yes i know all these things have a counter but when every game is same game as before against USA it becomes just boring and annoying. oh and by the way the lufftwaffe butterfly bomb spam on all over the field too which is premanent terror propaganda even for tanks.
15 Aug 2016, 13:43 PM

I understand what you're saying Arash. That's why Elite Mod 4.0 bro. ;)
16 Dec 2016, 05:22 AM

I still play this daily and honestly feel the balance is great. I also play all factions and can tell you that you will get beaten using these "op" tactics you speak of. The essence of the game is trying to discover tactics that are hard to beat, these last for a while until good players find a counter then they disappear again. I usually beat the volk spam by simply spamming rifles and investing in TWO med bunkers, I find that upgraded rifles will triumph if you can vet them, Airborne for the inevitable stuh and your golden. On the other hand I find PE to be the most difficult to play even though i have used them for years and good PE players will waste me still.
17 Dec 2016, 01:39 AM

1v1 balance is quite good overall, though you could say that not enough strategies are viable. It's funny hearing people talk about 2.601 like they forgot that Pak Sniping existed.

2v2+ is a mess though due to Snipers.
17 Dec 2016, 17:26 PM

Oh god the roos.

For a good stretch during 2.691 I just alt-f4ed or ragequit at the loadscreen when I saw the Union Jack. God my rankings suffered so. :D

But it was worth it for a good American v Wehrmacht game. And every so often a PE for good measure to keep things spicy.

The thing that always frustrated me most was bike pushing. But yeah snipers are the same as they ever were balance wise.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS