Login

russian armor

Conscripts assault package ppsh

1 Jul 2016, 19:39 PM

So i was just wondering how good conscripts are exactly with these assault ppsh upgrade?I played a few games with it and they seem pretty good and scaling pretty well into the mid-late game if vetted.
Are they better option then penals with this upgrade? how was your experience using them?and what tactic is the best if i choose this doctrine?
Thanks everyone for answering!
1 Jul 2016, 20:30 PM

Imagine cheap shock troopers; however, it only gives three out of six the PPSH.

So if your up against an Ostheer who has set up good positions and you have conscripts with the package and swarm them in numbers they are a nightmare. That is, if you have support like mortars or an SU-76 around. It might be also useful for going up against OKW players who start off heavy with Sturmpioneers.

Now Penals are now good at killing infantry, but giving your conscripts the package increases their close-quarters combat.

My experience with them is limited, since I mostly play USF all the time. However, I do hope someone will probably come into this thread and tell you their experience. One of the best commanders to have for the PPSH package is the Advanced Warfare Commander and since it has the PPSH package and the T-34/85 it is a good combination with the conscripts. There are other commanders who have this such as the Guard Rifle Combined Arms Tactics, Shock Army, and Conscript Support Tactics.
1 Jul 2016, 20:55 PM

yeah their strength is in their numbers, and i really like that commanders as it gives a really good tank,and improved conscripts than have even repair ability later on. It is pretty solid combination!
1 Jul 2016, 21:17 PM

Imagine cheap shock troopers; however, it only gives three out of six the PPSH.

So if your up against an Ostheer who has set up good positions and you have conscripts with the package and swarm them in numbers they are a nightmare. That is, if you have support like mortars or an SU-76 around. It might be also useful for going up against OKW players who start off heavy with Sturmpioneers.

Now Penals are now good at killing infantry, but giving your conscripts the package increases their close-quarters combat.

My experience with them is limited, since I mostly play USF all the time. However, I do hope someone will probably come into this thread and tell you their experience. One of the best commanders to have for the PPSH package is the Advanced Warfare Commander and since it has the PPSH package and the T-34/85 it is a good combination with the conscripts. There are other commanders who have this such as the Guard Rifle Combined Arms Tactics, Shock Army, and Conscript Support Tactics.

Isn't it 4 ? i don't remember quite well, it has been ages since i haven't played ppsh cons :D
1 Jul 2016, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2016, 21:17 PMShanka

Isn't it 4 ? i don't remember quite well, it has been ages since i haven't played ppsh cons :D

I might be wrong on that since I don't play Soviets as much.
2 Jul 2016, 01:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Three PPSh-41s for 45 MU. It's a bargain I'd take any day. Combined with Molotovs and Oorah, it makes them a powerful close-ranged combat unit. Although their SMGs aren't as powerful as the version used by Shock Troops, an upgraded squad of Conscripts can win against LMG Grens or StG Volks. Just charge until you're right up in their face.

Combined with (especially upgraded) Guards or (un-upgraded) Penals, they make an excellent anti-infantry combination. PPSh Cons take the fight up close while Penals and Guards tackle them from afar.
2 Jul 2016, 10:29 AM

Imagime schock troops, except they have only 4 ppsh, with half stats and survivability like cons not schocks.

If we look at mosin - ppsh, then cons get buffed close range, remain the same mid range and lose DPS long range, so all in all irts garbage
2 Jul 2016, 10:34 AM

Imagime schock troops, except they have only 4 ppsh, with half stats and survivability like cons not schocks.

If we look at mosin - ppsh, then cons get buffed close range, remain the same mid range and lose DPS long range, so all in all irts garbage

Yes,but they are considerably cheaper then shock troops and less manpower bleed arent they? Also have great abilities like repairs and merge!
18 Jul 2016, 14:24 PM

You dont want to stay at long range with Conscripts, cause most axis infantry excels at long range, you want close the gap :)
18 Jul 2016, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 14:24 PMBlalord

You dont want to stay at long range with Conscripts, cause most axis infantry excels at long range, you want close the gap :)

Thats true, but you have to keep in mind 2 things

1) battlefield terrain. It is in 90% of all times better to stay at long range in green cover against grens in green cover than closing the gap through red cover (even with ooraaaah) in order to get close range. You will lose many models and won´t be able to win that fight even if favorable distance. BUT you can stay in long range and use that time that long range and green cover gives you in order to flank grens with another squad (here is job of ppsh). Why I don´t want to lose that long range DPS ? Because even if these cons kill only 1 gren model until reinforcements arrive it may be main factor why you won that fight.

2) OKW. OKW have sturmpios and volks. Both melt cons at long range if you upgrade to ppsh and also melt them if they try to close distance (volks get time to deal damage).

Hovewer if you can flank enemy in most cases and it is rather urban not open map, ppsh is not upgrade. It is just not no-brainer like gren lmg or riflemen bar because it is rather downgrade in open maps and against players that prefer pgrens or sturmpios in their rooster
18 Jul 2016, 15:02 PM

Thats true, but you have to keep in mind 2 things

1) battlefield terrain. It is in 90% of all times better to stay at long range in green cover against grens in green cover than closing the gap through red cover (even with ooraaaah) in order to get close range. You will lose many models and won´t be able to win that fight even if favorable distance. BUT you can stay in long range and use that time that long range and green cover gives you in order to flank grens with another squad (here is job of ppsh). Why I don´t want to lose that long range DPS ? Because even if these cons kill only 1 gren model until reinforcements arrive it may be main factor why you won that fight.

2) OKW. OKW have sturmpios and volks. Both melt cons at long range if you upgrade to ppsh and also melt them if they try to close distance (volks get time to deal damage).

Hovewer if you can flank enemy in most cases and it is rather urban not open map, ppsh is not upgrade. It is just not no-brainer like gren lmg or riflemen bar because it is rather downgrade in open maps and against players that prefer pgrens or sturmpios in their rooster

Yes, you have to play the mouse and the cat with 2 Conscript supporting each other, this is why i have 4 Conscripts ( sometimes way way way more )

Or use mortar smoke barrage to close the distance, its a deadly surprise :)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★