Login

russian armor

Relic; It's Time We Had That Talk

PAGES (9)down
18 Jul 2013, 18:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

If we had I haven't seen it - nor have the other posters on the thread.

Maybe you should link us to where it's specifically said and then we'll ALL be happy.

All that's been said is "Lobby's" and "Leaderboards".

I asked a specific - SIMPLE question - I've asked it FIVE times on this thread - all simply asking for a "yes" or "no" answer.

And its never been addressed.

So I believe you're incorrect in that it's been "answered".

So you fibbed, Ping Ping? You said you did not commission a game specifically tailored to your requirements. But it is evident from your posts, that the reverse is true: you evidently did.

How much did you pay, BTW? :)
18 Jul 2013, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2013, 18:26 PMcr4wler

it literally took me like 10 seconds to find these 2 interviews where for example replay functionalities and modding tools are mentioned. there are literally thousands of other sources. pretty much all fathomable questions have been adressed at some point or another (though i have to admit, the beta forums are gone now, which would have been another great source for information).

Question has been answered by Noun mate - so with that I'm letting it go.
18 Jul 2013, 18:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2013, 18:26 PMcr4wler
there are literally thousands of other sources.

18 Jul 2013, 18:57 PM

First off much respect for the devs for posting here, and communicating with the community, i didnt expect that. I usually just casually amuse myself here in the offtopic threads, but after seeing the dev posts i thought a decent post was called for.

Being a long time CoH fan I was eagerly anticipating the release of CoH2 reading all the press on it i could find, I even saved up and bought a new gaming pc so I would be able to run it well. I feel Relic were far too late on confirming the micro-transactions model used for payment of new game items, its like they tried to hide it or were very quiet about it, instead of being proud of it and early on saying yes were going to use micro-transactions, however, were gonna balance it really well.

To give you an idea of my experience of the game, i played the alpha beta I purchased the standard £40 edition and now Im level 75 from just playing 1v1 automatch and the occasional 2v2. Id say i know a little about the tactics for my main army, the germans (opel blitz, strafe - tiger :-0 ) and very little about the russians.

So far ive really been enjoying my experince of the game, not having access to the collections edition features hasnt bothered me that much, as i still have so much to learn about the units and abilities i currently have access to. I feel if I master what i have then i wouldn't mind paying £30 for the collections upgrade to get some new tools.

I feel the patchs and balance changes have been positive, the only thing really bothering me is not having a leaderboard and devisions ( can i even see my wins and losses ?) . I think it was really cool in the old COH that there could be only 1 level 20 General of the army, 2 level 19's and so on,I hope that system gets re-intoduced.
18 Jul 2013, 19:02 PM

Strange seeing people yelling at ping for asking about custom lobbies, and saying its been answered many times, when noun himself says that they will not give any answer. Pherhaps it wasnt such a stupid question after all?
18 Jul 2013, 20:23 PM

I work in the games Industry in Marketing specifically. And I can safely say the marketing for this game was sub par. It is sad to see that almost nobody knows about this game and that again ..it is absent from Esports.

I am aware Relic probably did not have much of a budget for COH2 which really changes everything when you are trying to market your product and ...just get it out there for people to see and be excited about.

The little marketing videos that are released are just not cutting it...this games needs to be seen in tournaments! THIS will get people to buy it and play.

On the actual game itself (gameplay) ..I like it ..BUT it DOES feel stale. Games are very predictable and thus unexciting. I dont know how it was at COHs launch as I was not playing it that early....but I hope Relic addresses this through smart balancing and additional content. I have confidence they will.

But this will be pointless if they are not able to lure more players in.

MAKE TOURNAMENTS HAPPEN!! MAKE THEM OFFICIAL! MAKE THEM EASY FOR ALL TO VIEW!

Its the only way.
18 Jul 2013, 20:30 PM

Don't worry, we communicate our concerns to them in a structured and constructive manner.

What we don't do is ventilate our criticism in the way that some posters here do. Which is shouting in all anger, telling them what they have to do to avoid xy consequences. Or those who tell Relic what a poor job they have done by not doing this and this....
If you have ever been responsible for project management in a team or something similar you know that this kind of feedback will never be received well and objectively, cause it puts you in a defensive position.

Just imagine yourself in a position responsible for a project. If someone comes at you and tells you what a poor job you're doing, putting a pistol on your chest and requesting actions withing a certain timeframe. Do you listen to him objectively? I don't.
However, i am always open to any constructive feedback or suggestions, as long as the person respects that i have the overview of things that he might not be aware of. The decision whether to take the feedback into consideration or when to execute changes is on me as the project leader, not on individuals who don't know the whole picture.
18 Jul 2013, 20:35 PM
Benefactor 115

I work in the games Industry in Marketing specifically. And I can safely say the marketing for this game was sub par. It is sad to see that almost nobody knows about this game and that again ..it is absent from Esports.

If you don't mind me asking which company do you work for?
18 Jul 2013, 20:47 PM

I think PingPing is pushy, but he is polite and doing a great job for the community. Thank you!

I would like to do the same thing, but im unable to be this polity, so you are doing a fine job in my eyes.

18 Jul 2013, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2013, 20:47 PMnin3
I think PingPing is pushy, but he is polite and doing a great job for the community. Thank you!

I would like to do the same thing, but im unable to be this polity, so you are doing a fine job in my eyes.

Agreed, keep it up we need action not meaningless words. I post mainly negative comments about the game but I like to consider them 'constructive' criticism. There are a lot of these types of posts on this website, GR and in particular the Steam forums. Judging by the feedback 90% of the player base cant be wrong so listen and act please Relic ASAP (by this I mean yesterday).
18 Jul 2013, 21:30 PM
Benefactor 115

give me a break...
18 Jul 2013, 22:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2013, 21:19 PMGrund

Agreed, keep it up we need action not meaningless words. I post mainly negative comments about the game but I like to consider them 'constructive' criticism. There are a lot of these types of posts on this website, GR and in particular the Steam forums. Judging by the feedback 90% of the player base cant be wrong so listen and act please Relic ASAP (by this I mean yesterday).

what crack are you smoking 90 percent of any game's playerbase isn't on the forums.

i think hes delusional. ;)
19 Jul 2013, 02:57 AM

If you don't mind me asking which company do you work for?

Rather not say. I really dont think it would be a good idea! :) We have our own community manager...and I dont want that person to get poked by people here (or from Relic), and I dont want to get asked questions either. Im here for COH2.
19 Jul 2013, 07:18 AM

About the Balance, patch 2.602 in CoH1 was made by community and Relic gave us a free hans about this. I know you are gonna release tons of patches, but let's say that your new patches will be Utterly Fail, wil the community gain a chance to patch the game like it was in CoH1?
19 Jul 2013, 07:47 AM

COH2 still has its long way to go, i still think it is not ready for released yet, might take at least one and half year to finish the gap
19 Jul 2013, 15:52 PM
Benefactor 115

Rather not say. I really dont think it would be a good idea! :) We have our own community manager...and I dont want that person to get poked by people here (or from Relic), and I dont want to get asked questions either. Im here for COH2.

That's fair enough but I find it odd that you believe its up to the publishers to organise events when in the case of many publishers that have a competitive title the community has organised a really dope offline event and the publisher provides the prize pot. Just as Sega did with virtua fighter 5 final showdown, capcom with SF25 and warner did with MK9 and Injustice.

To my mind Riot is only company that runs the whole tournament circuit for their game.

The problem is other than maybe 3-4 people from the community no one else is stepping up to organise events which really helps give our community exposure.
14 of 15 Relic postsRelic 19 Jul 2013, 16:22 PM
Developer Relic Badge

If people organize events I will do my best to get Relic to provide more exposure. I think we could have done a better job with the last two tournaments in that regard.
19 Jul 2013, 17:52 PM

To my mind Riot is only company that runs the whole tournament circuit for their game.

And that has worked immaculately.

Not saying that Relic/SEGA should run all the tournaments. That's insane. But official events with contracted commentators/big names that know the game are a big deal and will attract more attention than anything we can run ourselves, even if Relic promotes it.

Not that I expect that to ever happen. It seems pretty clear they're not exactly made of money at this point in time.
19 Jul 2013, 18:21 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

An excerpt frpm the forthcoming novella: The Disentitled[

.....Outside, deep in the woods, I heard a long keening wail, and then another, as the wolves began to howl. More voices pitched in, some low and mournful, others high and short, an eerie and baleful chorus. I knew my pack's howl; their rich (sic) tone sang out above others as if begging the reader and the poor sods at Relic to hear it.

My heart ached inside me, torn between wanting them to stop and wishing they would go on for ever. I imagined myself there among them in the golden woods, watching them tilt their heads back and howl underneath a sky of endless stars. I blinked a tear away, feeling foolish and miserable, but I didn't go to sleep until every wolf had fallen silent.”

Oh please: just no!
raw
19 Jul 2013, 19:04 PM

Not that I expect that to ever happen. It seems pretty clear they're not exactly made of money at this point in time.

No RTS developer is, with the exception of Blizzard. RTS are dying after all.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Russian Federation 39
South Africa 1
Germany 393
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W