Login

russian armor

Road to Kharkov 1v1 unfavorable starting HQ placement

26 Jun 2016, 08:06 AM

First I´m going to tell you what is happening. In 1v1 HQs are either both at number 1 + 3 (red on my picture) or 2 + 4 (blue). Whitch is fair I gues. But this map have these positions changed. If position 1 is near your fuel then also position 3 should be near your fuel. This also apply to position 2,4. I dont care whitch of them (3+1 or 2+4) will be near fuel and whitch not but right now near fuel are positions 1 and 4.

So every game one of players have rather big avantage from beginning of game. And I must say it is pure random. If you are the unluckier one, you have bigger time travel to your fuel/ cut off (even worse right now when units are spawn from buildings - for USA and UKF and OKW) and your opponent don´t have this long time travel . Either both of players should have longer travel time or shorter one, not this.

And the most curios think about this are retreat paths. As you can see, if you have base near your fuel, unit will run behind houses and preferably be safe, but if you are in worse position unit will first run throgh both cut off and then head into base, leading into easy squadwipes.

Once again, I think both positions can be fine, but pls, give at least both players the same HQ place, cause right now every time one of players have some advantage over the other (cause it always pick 1+3 or 2+4).

It is not really at that work Relic, pls can you just change positions on one side of map, so in 1v1 no player have advantage in this map. It is really big advantage in high play match where both players have almost identical skills and game knowledge.

Hector
26 Jun 2016, 08:38 AM
Senior Caster Badge

This is a general issue of most maps. In 2v2 there is Ettelbruck or Across the rhine as a very good example for that
26 Jun 2016, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 08:38 AMd0ggY
This is a general issue of most maps. In 2v2 there is Ettelbruck or Across the rhine as a very good example for that

Yea, if relic at least can give them even if random, but equal starting positions ...
26 Jun 2016, 09:12 AM

I think all starting positions for 1 vs 1 games on 2 vs 2 maps should always be on position #1 and #3

Semoisky/Winter is also another example of a map with this problem
26 Jun 2016, 10:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2016, 09:12 AMmedhood
I think all starting positions for 1 vs 1 games on 2 vs 2 maps should always be on position #1 and #3

Semoisky/Winter is also another example of a map with this problem

But problem here is even if we set it 1-3 , then one player will be nearer to his cut off and fuel than the other and that player with worse cut off will even have really bad retreat path. Either both of them should have worse position or not.
26 Jun 2016, 10:48 AM

But problem here is even if we set it 1-3 , then one player will be nearer to his cut off and fuel than the other and that player with worse cut off will even have really bad retreat path. Either both of them should have worse position or not.

Just swap #2 with #1 or swap #4 with #3 for Kharkov, wont affect 2v2 at all either

But you misunderstood my point

1v1 games on 2v2 maps shouldnt use 2 of the positions in those maps, you get me?
26 Jun 2016, 18:08 PM

Can this be adressed to relic, I think it is rather important game inbalance and fixing it only mean 1 mine of work (changing numbers on starting points, nothin more)
26 Jun 2016, 23:17 PM

The northern cutoff can be harassed much more easily as well. Some of the trees could be dislocated.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 522

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment