Login

russian armor

USF didn't need a mortar.

PAGES (11)down
17 Jul 2016, 07:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 06:14 AMDanyek

:oops:

You say it like your mortar didn't even fire a single shell. As I said I remember when it took 2-3 models and put them to almost 1 HP.

Look, stop bullshitting me, instead do something good. Play some games Ostheer 1vs1, reach whatever rank you want with the faction, save as many replays as you want and teach me how to do it.
You think you are better than me, not a problem because I'm not a pro myself. Be my coach.
17 Jul 2016, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2016, 19:42 PMDanyek
Even there's a tip ingame to move your MGs. I mustn't be the only one who actively repositions his MG and ATGs.

This would be lovely if it would work against usf mortar. It just uses its satelite guidance against those units in fog of war until destroyed or retreated out of the range.

There where MANY instanses that you know about enemy units because of the mortar, you knew where they relocated.

Only skill thing i saw you did against the axis before i got sick of watching (10min mark) was that stuart vs scoutcar battle.

every other mortar either stops shooting when lost LOS or barrages the last known position.
It is funny that this forces ost players to play that faction the way is'nt made to play.

17 Jul 2016, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 07:16 AMEsxile

Look, stop bullshitting me, instead do something good. Play some games Ostheer 1vs1, reach whatever rank you want with the faction, save as many replays as you want and teach me how to do it.
You think you are better than me, not a problem because I'm not a pro myself. Be my coach.

It's not really my faction. I don't like defensive approaches. Sorry. And no I'm not a pro either.
17 Jul 2016, 11:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 08:50 AMJespe

This would be lovely if it would work against usf mortar. It just uses its satelite guidance against those units in fog of war until destroyed or retreated out of the range.

There where MANY instanses that you know about enemy units because of the mortar, you knew where they relocated.

Only skill thing i saw you did against the axis before i got sick of watching (10min mark) was that stuart vs scoutcar battle.

every other mortar either stops shooting when lost LOS or barrages the last known position.
It is funny that this forces ost players to play that faction the way is'nt made to play.

Then it's a pity you stopped watching. The only thing that rekted the MGs in the second (last) 10 minute was a double grenade and major arties.
17 Jul 2016, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 11:26 AMDanyek

Then it's a pity you stopped watching. The only thing that rekted the MGs in the second (last) 10 minute was a double grenade and major arties.

Play Ostheer 10 games. Really It will change your mind.
17 Jul 2016, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 14:06 PMEsxile

I am more of an OKW player from the axis side. Really, that defensive gameplay is not my favorite. And it's time will come.
17 Jul 2016, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 14:06 PMEsxile

Well, you can always skip HMG and go for triple/quadrople Grens to stay mobile and outnumber USF who went for mortar.

But that's just a theory
17 Jul 2016, 14:47 PM

Well, you can always skip HMG and go for triple/quadrople Grens to stay mobile and outnumber USF who went for mortar.

But that's just a theory

I have try that, gren < RM. You can't keep your ground. and sometime you have to be static to fight efficiently.

17 Jul 2016, 15:13 PM

pleeeese someone create a balance mod, we dont need to relic
17 Jul 2016, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 11:26 AMDanyek

No glad i did'nt watch its like i said earlier:

And the reaction on usf player is the same as those brits using prepatch counterbattery. Not a single clue on that indirect fire won the battle by killing all those units in the fog of war.

That Mortar put so much micro strain against ost without USF player input to force him out of the field (not wanting those casualties). Only thing save him not being "rekt" before the 10 minute mark was better skill and USF players bad judgement on placing the mortar.

17 Jul 2016, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 17:15 PMJespe

No glad i did'nt watch its like i said earlier:

And the reaction on usf player is the same as those brits using prepatch counterbattery. Not a single clue on that indirect fire won the battle by killing all those units in the fog of war.

That Mortar put so much micro strain against ost without USF player input to force him out of the field (not wanting those casualties). Only thing save him not being "rekt" before the 10 minute mark was better skill and USF players bad judgement on placing the mortar.

I don't know if it can be seen or not - but I always "ground attack"-ed the houses where I last seen the MG. And I said I'm not a pro and just learning 1v1s. Why am I even answering?
17 Jul 2016, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 17:18 PMDanyek

I don't know if it can be seen or not - but I always "ground attack"-ed the houses where I last seen the MG. And I said I'm not a pro and just learning 1v1s. Why am I even answering?

You just proved the point that you weren't even aware that mortar was constantly shooting the MG in the buildings then...
How i know this?
MG popped visible without hitting it time to time in the fog-of-war which means it was targeted by your mortar, not ground attacked the house where it was last seen.
17 Jul 2016, 19:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 14:47 PMEsxile

I have try that, gren < RM. You can't keep your ground. and sometime you have to be static to fight efficiently.

This. Then we have the problem of static ostheer units, including mainline infantry, getting hard countered by the laser guided wonder mortar of insta gibbing 2-3 models on 4 men squads.
18 Jul 2016, 06:27 AM

This. Then we have the problem of static ostheer units, including mainline infantry, getting hard countered by the laser guided wonder mortar of insta gibbing 2-3 models on 4 men squads.

Been playing USF quite a lot recently to see if these balance concerns were true, indeed they are, open double mortar into 2 RE into captain into stuart.

^ Most braindead, microless and superbly effective opening i know currently for ALL factions ( in comparison )

EDIT:

Why is pershing so underrated? I like it the best out of all standart heavies, and also how many people know about the alpha piercing shot combo? it loldeletes mediums, and severely damages heavies.
18 Jul 2016, 06:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 17:18 PMDanyek

No need to be a pro to see that the US mortar is bugged and fire at unit on the fog of war by itself, same if its target is moving far away from its last location.

Make a try, don't us it and see what happens.

18 Jul 2016, 08:46 AM

Been playing USF quite a lot recently to see if these balance concerns were true, indeed they are, open double mortar into 2 RE into captain into stuart.

^ Most braindead, microless and superbly effective opening i know currently for ALL factions ( in comparison )

Is that about 1v1 mode? Not really a 1v1 player, but I'm sure it won't work against decent Wehrmacht player.
Your opponent will get better map control while you are sitting on 2 mortars and you won't see Stuart anytime soon. Instead there will be 444 which will rekt your REs, mortats and probably Cpt too.

In 2v2 this may work if you will be supported by your teammate.

In 4v4 it won't work, because once your mortars will be pushed out by Kubels/SPios/Volks/Grens you'll lose fuel point on your "lane" and won't get it back anytime soon because of long retreat path, so again no Stuart rush. REs just won't cut it.
18 Jul 2016, 12:37 PM

Are still people in here who defend the US mortar? :loco:
This thing is buged and OP, end of story.
I played about 5 games this week and not used it once due to Respect for my opponent.
18 Jul 2016, 12:40 PM

Hmm... Mostly i see 3 RM to mortar. --> RM counter those (as)grens hunting mortar and capping and when rifles force you to have MG in the field, mortar comes and closes the game. About the 444... Well if manage to even have that much fuel it zooks on every RM... Nothing solid (sniper?) until tier 3

Why is pershing so underrated? I like it the best out of all standart heavies, and also how many people know about the alpha piercing shot combo? it loldeletes mediums, and severely damages heavies.

Totaly love it.. Paired with jackson(s) and spotter units there is nothing to fear from the enemies side, (exept that stormtrooper/falls who finishes your pershing and steals your Jackson after battle)...
18 Jul 2016, 14:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2016, 18:30 PMJespe

Just enought to hit the "T" before the second smart missile aimed from space satelite hits it.

Homing devices just seem to follow it from the instant it popped 1ms out of the cloaking phase until out of range or dead. No USF player input need here.

now you know how allies have felt getting sniped by ostheer turbo mortar since day 1
18 Jul 2016, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 14:04 PMArclyte

now you know how allies have felt getting sniped by ostheer turbo mortar since day 1

Thx having a hard Day at work and needed that laugh
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight