Login

russian armor

Regarding the Captain's Tier and it's unit selection for USF

23 Jun 2016, 05:58 AM

After the changes for the Captain in the new patch, i felt that it's still irreverent to go for Lieutenant as Captain's tier can still bring out 2 key units on the field that could deal mid to late game vehicle units like from a Scout car to Luch. There's little to no reasons to go Lieutenant as his tree is to focus on mass infantry counter, and Captain has that answer for Howitzer. And with Captain can still get the Bazooka at least can push off any vehicle on the field, unless you give rifleman or RE some Bazooka.

So with those problem stated above, i would like to propose a changes so that you can give both tier a reasonable uses.

For Lieutenant Tier the MG should switch with the AT Gun, while the Captain's AT Gun should switch to MG.

Even though Lieutenant have the AA Gun that could deal good enough damage to light vehicle, it couldn't handle any punishment from any AT Gun or Puma, making it more of a situational vehicle, and that Luch or 222 can just run towards where the gun couldn't point and just destroy it from there. But if the AT Gun was place together with the Lieutenant Tier, it could at least give cover to the AA Gun, granting more survival on the field.

And for Captain, if granted the MG uses, it could paired as an area denied space towards the inf, while the Stuart can still go around hunt any light vehicle or support any inf. on the ground.
23 Jun 2016, 06:03 AM

No.

1. Lt can already deal with Luchs.
2. Upgrade bazookas
23 Jun 2016, 07:52 AM

No.

1. Lt can already deal with Luchs.
2. Upgrade bazookas

You mean
Lt can deal with luch with bazooka, but since it can only carry 1, it's making it difficult to take it out before the luch destroys them. And if all inf. is carrying bazooka, the enemy will just respond with more anti. inf gun pointing at them.
23 Jun 2016, 08:50 AM

Get with the times, man!

.50 cal, M20 crew, and M15 all counter luches.

Stuart 60 muni ability needs change-other than that Captain tier is fine.

LT rise could use M15 price buff and M20 armor price buff.

USF is tricky to play as always but they are in a good spot now.
23 Jun 2016, 08:57 AM

.50 cal counter luches.

I thing you're confusing .50 cal with AT gun here :romeoHairDay:
23 Jun 2016, 09:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 08:57 AMKatitof

.50 cal soft counters luchs and puma. (AT gun hard counters though.)

Hit a Luchs with an at nade and a .50 cal can finish it using AP rounds
23 Jun 2016, 09:32 AM

.50 cal soft counters luchs and puma. (AT gun hard counters though.)

Hit a Luchs with an at nade and a .50 cal can finish it using AP rounds

Puma yes, Luchs, hardly.

16 dmg every burst is far from life threatening to 400hp unit. Just too much armor.
23 Jun 2016, 10:23 AM

Why not to make 0.50 cal and AT gun T0 units, which both unlocks by either Lt. or Cpt.? Like MG-34 of OKW now unlocking with T1.

There will be less problems with choosing between Capitan and Lieutenant tier and more complete midgame for USF.
23 Jun 2016, 11:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 08:57 AMKatitof

kat play the game before you talk cal 50 pen round kill the luch ( it pen even the rear of p4 I was surprised when I killed it and so was my opponent)
23 Jun 2016, 11:24 AM

kat play the game before you talk cal 50 pen round kill the luch ( it pen even the rear of p4 I was surprised when I killed it and so was my opponent)

About 1 per 5 bullets penns it from the front.

Its better for the rear as its 1 out of 3 on average.

But if you're losing, or even have P2 being threatened by .50 cal, you should learn some AI level micro.

Its soft AT performance sure was greatly improved, but its not the level of MG42 inc rounds, so don't make it sound like it is.
23 Jun 2016, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 11:24 AMKatitof

About 1 per 5 bullets penns it from the front.

Its better for the rear as its 1 out of 3 on average.

But if you're losing, or even have P2 being threatened by .50 cal, you should learn some AI level micro.

Its soft AT performance sure was greatly improved, but its not the level of MG42 inc rounds, so don't make it sound like it is.
no I killed the luch use the pen ability it does wonders (and at vet 3 should get more pen but right now is bugged)
23 Jun 2016, 13:05 PM

Captain now does not have free zooks so I think the 2 RE model should change to Rifleman, so Captain won't be useless without upgrade, when Captain picks up weapons, it's pure RNG whether the Captain model or the RE model or the Rifleman model gets to use the weapon so changing Re model to Rifleman should reduce RNG involve.
23 Jun 2016, 13:13 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Captain now does not have free zooks so I think the 2 RE model should change to Rifleman, so Captain won't be useless without upgrade, when Captain picks up weapons, it's pure RNG whether the Captain model or the RE model or the Rifleman model gets to use the weapon so changing Re model to Rifleman should reduce RNG involve.

The RE models are just visual, they actually use the same weapon as the Riflemen.
23 Jun 2016, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 13:13 PMVuther

The RE models are just visual, they actually use the same weapon as the Riflemen.

Really then why bother with that model I've always feels weird Captain is the only squad in the game that has 3 types of models.

Also now USF got super mortar from T0 what's the point of Pack Howi now?
23 Jun 2016, 15:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Really then why bother with that model I've always feels weird Captain is the only squad in the game that has 3 types of models.

Not really sure. Maybe they thought it'd make sense for the higher-ranked squad to be using more rear echelon men in their retinue because higher-rankers are farther from the frontlines, so they made it that LT's all Riflemen, Cap's half-and-half, and Major's all REs from that logic.
23 Jun 2016, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 15:24 PMVuther

Not really sure. Maybe they thought it'd make sense for the higher-ranked squad to be using more rear echelon men in their retinue because higher-rankers are farther from the frontlines, so they made it that LT's all Riflemen, Cap's half-and-half, and Major's all REs from that logic.

So is there any differences between Lt, Cpt and Para/Ranger's Thompson?
23 Jun 2016, 15:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So is there any differences between Lt, Cpt and Para/Ranger's Thompson?
Pretty sure the officers use a less powerful version than the Paras'. The close DPS for the Paras' is about 30% better, the mid DPS is way better (over twice as much at range 20) and the far DPS is about 40% better.
23 Jun 2016, 18:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 09:32 AMKatitof

Puma yes, Luchs, hardly.

16 dmg every burst is far from life threatening to 400hp unit. Just too much armor.

I understand what you're saying, an anti infantry vehicle does (and should, by cost/utility) beat a infantry hardcounter/light soft counter support team.

But the small damage it does do forces the Luchs to focus on the HMG or move, basically protecting the rifles. Plus with how AOE suppression works now it's possible to damage Luchs and suppress Volks at the same time. Like the relationship between .50 cal and luchs is like sturms and the flame engie clowncar

Plus with the removal of Shreks and new OKW goodies Luchs isn't a requirement anymore imo
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★