Login

russian armor

OKW LeFH 18 Artillery

18 Jun 2016, 09:36 AM

They should be able to build stationary propaganda loudspeakers like the chinese in C%C Generals instead. In reference to that rainy scene in saving private ryan (silly movie with questionable message, but has nice atmosphere going on nonehteless) where german loudspeakers can be heard in the distance (and it was western front, too, so here's your OKW-reference)
18 Jun 2016, 10:09 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 05:49 AMJadame!

Game just lost so much strategic depth its sad.

+1000000
18 Jun 2016, 10:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 05:49 AMJadame!
Before countering allied static play was relied on stukas, which, if delayed, could be too late to turn the fight.

Who used Stuka zu Fuss to counter Allied static emplacements? It does practically nothing to a mortar pit/bofors.
18 Jun 2016, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 10:15 AMSchmitz

Who used Stuka zu Fuss to counter Allied static emplacements? It does practically nothing to a mortar pit/bofors.

Lowering it hp to the point where three shreck shots is enought to destroy it is now doing nothing? Mb biting brace so you can surround it by volks and throw incendiary nades on the end of the brace which would kill it is doing nothing? Obliterating building and trenches with HMGS protecting brit emplacement is also nothing?
18 Jun 2016, 10:28 AM

How do you think - will they change it one day to another howitzer, or OKW will eternaly have LeFH now?

I think, as faction with more powerful and modern units they should have more powerful howitzers. And 15cm sFH is perfectly fine for that! Or S-P edition of that - Hummel.

It might perform like soviet ML-20, but with small stats and performance differenses, like less rounds in barrage, but with better accuracy, why not?

And... I think, that OKW howitzers should cost not 600, but 700 or even 800 MP. Seriously, otherwise, OKW will turn into UKF, but if UKFs artillery is piece of southLondon trash, LeFH is well balanced and well performing gun. I don't want to see more "factions of everything" in game, specially when nobody cares about "faction of nothing" USSR.
18 Jun 2016, 10:31 AM

IMO since OKW is like a late game factions they really need better artillery, like sFH18 at least or some SPF
18 Jun 2016, 11:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jun 2016, 10:26 AMJadame!

Lowering it hp to the point where three shreck shots is enought to destroy it is now doing nothing? Mb biting brace so you can surround it by volks and throw incendiary nades on the end of the brace which would kill it is doing nothing? Obliterating building and trenches with HMGS protecting brit emplacement is also nothing?

Buildings, yes, the stuka is great. Against blobs it's great. I've never seen a stuka really contributing to emplacement destruction. a LefH, however, would be extremely useful.
18 Jun 2016, 11:49 AM

While I agree their combos are less potent than eyes in the sky followed by unstoppable heavenly fist, they have plenty of their own, and in team games they never lack.

We are talking about Brit Cancer Commander which has its own offmap to delete any revealed arty, and if it is a game with another Brit player, recon flares will make sure you can drop it without risking a unit. Or you can use free recon on a Bren carrier.

If you are American the options are easy as pie. You get recon planes when you get Shermans with the Major, or you can get something from a doc, and many American Docs have arty that is harmless to all but stationary targets.

Soviets have only the bombing run, but they do have recon overflight in a couple of docs and are most limited in this respect.

Not trying to be contrary, because I understand your comment was a bit tongue in cheek, and I completely agree that the Wehr version is better, but in my experience Allies have no problem getting LoS on static arty.

sovjets also got the katy spam :D and if you feel lucky as sovjet you can also try the ML-20 not? and if you feel really lucky the B-4 ofcourse :P . I think several forgotten sovjet commander might become relevant again to counter a okw simcity. specially the sovjet combined arms army commander which has recon + ML-20 + IL2. So i think that the sovjets aren't that limited vs okw simscity.

23 Jun 2016, 19:24 PM

So the OKW version is a the same shit as its counter part but it requires twice more XP. Thanks relic for doing nothing, again.

Code
OKW OSTHEER

Veterancy level 2 Veterancy level 2

Scatter -%5 Scatter -%15
Recharge -%10 Recharge -%25
Rotation Speed %10 Rotation Speed %30

Veterancy level 3 Veterancy level 3

Range -%10 Range -%33

Veterancy level 4
Scatter -%10
Rotation Speed %15

Veterancy level 5

Range -%23

23 Jun 2016, 19:30 PM

So the OKW version is a the same shit as its counter part but it requires twice more XP. Thanks relic for doing nothing, again.

Code
OKW OSTHEER

Scatter -%5 Scatter -%15

Range -%10 Range -%33

Veterancy level 4
Scatter -%10
Rotation Speed %15

Veterancy level 5

Range -%23

Nice find...wow relic or should I say lelic.
23 Jun 2016, 20:50 PM

Relic... every modder can make a better and faster mod
23 Jun 2016, 20:59 PM

Code
OKW OSTHEER

Scatter -%5 Scatter -%15

Range -%10 Range -%33

Veterancy level 4
Scatter -%10
Rotation Speed %15

Veterancy level 5

Range -%23

Well, except according to that, the OKW version seems to miss out on 5% rotation and %15 recharge compared to OST's vet 3.
23 Jun 2016, 21:11 PM

Well, except according to that, the OKW version seems to miss out on 5% rotation and %15 recharge compared to OST's vet 3.
The only vet 3 buff for OST is increased range and nothing else.

But I get your point, it's vet buffs are worse apparently.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★