Login

russian armor

How to counter wehr's super-fast sniper?

13 Jun 2016, 14:26 PM

hey guys. As you know,soviet and US have a fast-timing light vehicle.

so it's not pretty hard to counter the german sniper.

but in case of brit, how to counter this super fast sniper(sniper-gren-gren build)?

UC command vehicle is available in 2cp(need much time), also AEC need 1million years...and manpower is keep draining.

For brits...is it the only way to counter german sniper is just using sniper for anti-sniper?

14 Jun 2016, 16:59 PM

Yup,that's pretty much the way to do it (building your own sniper) gainst a good opponent, that's why OST only chance at beating a UKF player is building that early sniper.

Because we all know that IS>Grens
28 Jun 2016, 10:08 AM

if he goes sniper first... you can keep him at bay with bren carrier till he gets his faust and you shoul be able to get your sniper by the time he gets a faust
28 Jun 2016, 10:11 AM

The Universal Carrier was buffed and its good at bursting down a sniper, especially with the Vickers Upgrades

Early game you can force his sniper off just by damaging him and your opponent would be afraid to use his low health sniper
29 Jul 2016, 19:15 PM

nvm, wrong thread
30 Jul 2016, 09:39 AM

Here you go. If you have any other questions (why I did this, why I did that), feel free to ask
31 Jul 2016, 01:10 AM

Here you go. If you have any other questions (why I did this, why I did that), feel free to ask

Could you explain your cap order, and why you decided on 2 IS 2 MG? Also, why did you tech before building the UC?
31 Jul 2016, 08:04 AM

Could you explain your cap order, and why you decided on 2 IS 2 MG? Also, why did you tech before building the UC?

First IS want to somehow secure that house before capping fuel. I want to see If he want to rush my fuel or not, then when I saw he is not agressive I normally started capping my fuel

With first hmg I rushed mid house because you can easily cover his side from there

Then I saw he went sniper, so I grouped my both IS and tryed to push him out of map or possibly kill him.

Second HMG went to his house near fuel BECAUSE it is much easier to hold this site than my site against sniper - less cover around houses means harder time for sniper. Also not forgetting there is only 1 door to that house and it is situated to enemy site and so if I want to camp at my point and he flanks hmg it is dead because of stupid retreat path

I went 2HMG 2 IS because HMG gives me bigger DMG than IS and also good supression. You can easily hold off enemy grens with MGs if they try to get your bren carrier and thust bren carrier can focus more on killing sniper. Also do not forget mg vet1 bonus that gives it bigger range when in building than sniper range.

Point of UC after teching is rather obvious. You can quickly tech AT gun if he have 222. Because if you went bren carrier first and he was a bit better than you in terms of map he can tech it at same time and then you have to hold 222 from you bren carrier until you tech tier 2 and at gun, by this way you only have to wait until AT gun hit the field.

Hope I helped you

Hector
31 Jul 2016, 15:49 PM

First IS want to somehow secure that house before capping fuel. I want to see If he want to rush my fuel or not, then when I saw he is not agressive I normally started capping my fuel

With first hmg I rushed mid house because you can easily cover his side from there

Then I saw he went sniper, so I grouped my both IS and tryed to push him out of map or possibly kill him.

Second HMG went to his house near fuel BECAUSE it is much easier to hold this site than my site against sniper - less cover around houses means harder time for sniper. Also not forgetting there is only 1 door to that house and it is situated to enemy site and so if I want to camp at my point and he flanks hmg it is dead because of stupid retreat path

I went 2HMG 2 IS because HMG gives me bigger DMG than IS and also good supression. You can easily hold off enemy grens with MGs if they try to get your bren carrier and thust bren carrier can focus more on killing sniper. Also do not forget mg vet1 bonus that gives it bigger range when in building than sniper range.

Point of UC after teching is rather obvious. You can quickly tech AT gun if he have 222. Because if you went bren carrier first and he was a bit better than you in terms of map he can tech it at same time and then you have to hold 222 from you bren carrier until you tech tier 2 and at gun, by this way you only have to wait until AT gun hit the field.

Hope I helped you

Hector

Very interesting, so the entirety of your strategy was dedicated to making life difficult for that sniper. Thanks a lot!
31 Jul 2016, 16:26 PM

Very interesting, so the entirety of your strategy was dedicated to making life difficult for that sniper. Thanks a lot!

Yes I was making him as much useless as he can. And once my commados or tank or mortar pit hit the field, sniper get obsoleted really hard unless youre micro god (like DevM), who can control 4 squads, 2 tanks and babysit sniper.

Or he simply die :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS