Login

russian armor

Players Shouldn't Receive XP For Losing Stuff

13 Jun 2016, 09:41 AM

Sort of a minor gripe here, but I really don't think players should receive XP/Command Points for losing their units. It's quite easy right now to get outplayed and lose a significant number of units but in the process still accumulate enough XP to call in a Tiger or Pershing or whatever and I find that rather frustrating. It's almost like you're being rewarded for playing poorly.

Anyways, I'd like to suggest that players no longer receive XP for losing their own units and that the XP players receive for actually killing stuff is increased to compensate.
13 Jun 2016, 09:59 AM
Patrion 14

Thats the whole point of making the game more noob friendly...

No popcap linked to amount of strat points. You get resources from normal points to. You get exp for attacking units, not killing.
nee
13 Jun 2016, 10:13 AM

I'd think that losing units- and as a direct result losing ground and therefore resources in both income and invested- means you might be able to unlock CP abilities faster, but not have the resources to use them, and more importantly not have more units to accompany said new abilities. I'm not going to sacrifice my vet3 Grenadiers just so I can call in an airstrike a bit sooner for the same munitions cost. Stock units will always be more valuable than doctrinal unlocks, simply because you need units in general to maintain resource and ultimately win a match.

Losing units mean no units to take or defend the sectors you have. Fewer sectors mean fewer resources...on top of the obvious tactical disadvantages. Good luck rushing Tiger if the enemy can churn out SU-85s faster than you can churn out Pioniers.

That's not going to happen if you just churn out units to acquire CP but lose the map in the process. Units take time and manpower to train, on top of upgrades and teching, which take up slot queues.

Players do get XP when things are lost, but there's far more to the game than that. Most players would rather gain XP while killing off opponent's units, than the other way around. Simply because you're not winning when the latter occurs. No units = XP but no map and no resources, meaning no Tiger to call in. Hardly being rewarded for poor play.
13 Jun 2016, 10:13 AM

It's nice to have a Tiger, but if you don't have infantry to protect it, I don't know what it's gonna do...

Call-in a Tiger in this situation will rather kill you instead of make you come back.
13 Jun 2016, 11:21 AM

Is it 2013 again? :D

Don fix what isn't broken!
13 Jun 2016, 12:14 PM

Folks, are you playing for EXP, warspoils and all of that "funservice" shit? It's all irrelevant - play 4 fun, not for virtual points!
13 Jun 2016, 12:31 PM

Folks, are you playing for EXP, warspoils and all of that "funservice" shit? It's all irrelevant - play 4 fun, not for virtual points!

What are u talking about ??
13 Jun 2016, 13:15 PM
Senior Editor Badge

OP is about the XP you get in a match which make your CPs increase, not the experience points you receiver after the match...
13 Jun 2016, 13:18 PM

OP is about the XP you get in a match which make your CPs increase, not the experience points you receiver after the match...

Oh, really. Sorry. Such things happens, when english is not your native...
13 Jun 2016, 13:22 PM

CPs aren't meant to be "exploited for advantage", its a means of limiting certain units/abilities, it won't make you magically come back and if you're killing more then losing, then you're still ahead.

If you want to capitalize on attrition, then tech, waiting for call-ins was worst thing you could do since day 1 if you had an advantage.
13 Jun 2016, 13:40 PM

why the f is this even a thread. if you're losing units then you're losing the game. getting cps from losing units is not gonna make you win coz guess what YOU LOST YOUR UNITS AND NOW YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WIN THE GAME WITH. "ooh no tiger" well then go ahead and send your tiger in, seeing as all your other units are dead surely it'll win the game all by itself and NOT melt to the 8 million jacksons that the opponent has.
13 Jun 2016, 19:27 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2016, 09:59 AMStafkeh
Thats the whole point of making the game more noob friendly...
Actually exploiting slippery slope mechanics such as "popcap linked to amount of strat points" is a thing that would help noobs win games they otherwise shouldn't based purely on skill.

If you are truly better than your enemy you will win even if he doesn't have his popcap crippled by taking away his strat points. If you take all your enemy's strat points and still need him to be popcap crippled just so you can win, I don't think it's him that's the noob here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★