Login

russian armor

Brits OP as F-?

12 Jun 2016, 22:40 PM

Damn I 've played few games after few months of pause and... It's just me or playing german in 2vs2 against brits is a pain in the a-- with all the mortars, cannon positions?

Discuss
12 Jun 2016, 22:47 PM

Damn I 've played few games after few months of pause and... It's just me or playing german in 2vs2 against brits is a pain in the a-- with all the mortars, cannon positions?

Discuss

Depend on the playing experience you have.
12 Jun 2016, 22:51 PM

Discuss

UKF Forces have a lower winrate than all axis factions on all ranking tiers of 2v2. If they were OP it would reflect on their winrate.
12 Jun 2016, 22:54 PM

what units should i get to beat them? As ostheer
12 Jun 2016, 22:58 PM

Discuss

It seems that way cos they have some real OP shit that takes almost zero micro. But they have their weaknesses too, as you would find if you play as them. Setting up in the early game is stressful as you can easily lose the game at that point. They have trouble against garrisons, also they are without any snare and the infantry sections have to hug cover to be effective. But yes it's true that if you have half a brain you can very easily stomp with them. They have the most cost effective armour in the game (also the fastest and most maneuverable) and once you start that ball rolling it's hard to stop them.
12 Jun 2016, 23:03 PM

what units should i get to beat them? As ostheer

Getting a sniper to cut down some manpower is good, since it takes a while for UKF to get their sniper. From my experience do not spam MGs and Mortars, since it will only work for part of the earlygame. Two mortars is more than enough for emplacements, and 1-2 well places MGs will give you control of the area. Grenadiers are always annoying as of now they can rifle grenade vickers HMG down easily. so unless you use the mortars' smoke to launch your attacks, send two grenadiers to spearhead the attack against an MG-position.

And lastly, never let an UKF-player rest. Keep harassing and attacking him so he doesn't have the time nor the manpower to build emplacements or rotate units. This will sometimes coarse them to build a reinforcement point first, which your mortars will destroy easily.

It's a good idea to have an AT-gun ready as well, and try to get an early medium tank into the game.

(I don't play Ostheer, this is just some things from an UKF player point of view.)

P.S: I would get a half-track to reinforce my troops on the move, so as to not lose momentum and pushing power during assaults. just mind possible AT-guns and/or mines.
12 Jun 2016, 23:44 PM

Discuss
Yeah, discuss what?
13 Jun 2016, 02:13 AM

no body likes emplacements cancer.

don't use it as excuse to nerf the british's entire army.
13 Jun 2016, 02:32 AM

Brits are fine in most game modes. They are an issue on certain maps in 2v2. Bofors and mortar pit provides such a massive amount of map control for their cost, which really gives a big advantage on small maps. Then again, every faction has certain modes/maps where it is a bit OP.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2016, 22:51 PMWaffaru

UKF Forces have a lower winrate than all axis factions on all ranking tiers of 2v2. If they were OP it would reflect on their winrate.

What's the source for this again? I can't remember the link.

13 Jun 2016, 03:18 AM

As soon as counter barrage gets fixed then we will have a more balanced Brits. My go to counter for british emplacements playing as ostheer IS mortars. You can get 3-4 mortars for the price of a bofors (with its tech) and a mortar emplacement. If you manage to destroy the emplacements then the enemy loses because now they have no indirect fire to counter all your mortars.

This of course is dependant on the map and the players you are playing with.

If you are still vsing a lot of emplacements in the late game make sure you have a LeFh. That will hard counter their emplacements and youll have it the rest of the game.

This is from a 2v2 perspective btw.
13 Jun 2016, 05:08 AM

no body likes emplacements cancer.

don't use it as excuse to nerf the british's entire army.

If you nerf the Brits' mortar emplacement is you're effectively destroying their indirect fire support capabilities altho it's possible to do without the Bofors and Mortar pit, it's hard, and you're sometimes forced to either capture a decrewed mortar or go mobile assault for the land matress which is complete and utter bullshit like it was for the OKW Not to have an MG by default. And the emplacements are OP doesn't really go for the 17pounder since nobody even uses that thing, too big, too costly to make and maintain, a bofors in the right position can make a difference which would cost the British player a lot of resources and population to hold the same position.

Edit: What I mean to say is, if you nerf their immobile part of the Army, you need to buff their mobile parts and add a mortar. Ideally you could also lock emplacements behind Anvil and their mobile counterparts into Hammer or Idk.
13 Jun 2016, 06:11 AM

They are OP in their faction design. Faction of everything they are. They have really more than any other faction in stock and those units are better in qualities, than some doctrinal units of other factions!

Infantry of UKF is good, Tanks - enourmously good, non-doc deffensive emplacements, non-doc FHQs, non-doc artillery (it sux, but still), snipers, mines, combat reliable engineers... So much of everything, it gives them so many different playstyles at once, which you also can easy combine. And again - without any doctrines at all.

I think, that UKF should be seriously redesigned. UKFs faction design today is ridiculosly stupid.

13 Jun 2016, 07:39 AM

Brits are fine in most game modes. They are an issue on certain maps in 2v2. Bofors and mortar pit provides such a massive amount of map control for their cost, which really gives a big advantage on small maps. Then again, every faction has certain modes/maps where it is a bit OP.

What's the source for this again? I can't remember the link.

http://coh2chart.com/
13 Jun 2016, 08:42 AM

Mortar pit needs to have range reduced.
13 Jun 2016, 09:41 AM

They are OP in their faction design. Faction of everything they are. They have really more than any other faction in stock and those units are better in qualities, than some doctrinal units of other factions!

Infantry of UKF is good, Tanks - enourmously good, non-doc deffensive emplacements, non-doc FHQs, non-doc artillery (it sux, but still), snipers, mines, combat reliable engineers... So much of everything, it gives them so many different playstyles at once, which you also can easy combine. And again - without any doctrines at all.

I think, that UKF should be seriously redesigned. UKFs faction design today is ridiculosly stupid.

saying the brits have everything is a gross simplistic view of the faction.

without their cancer emplacment, the brit is not going to have the simple amount of firepower the Ost possess. even in vanilla, the panzerwerfer have a more devastating barrage than the land mattress. Ost is the glass cannon faction in coh2.

okw units selection are more "elite". Their panther can kill both infantry and tank, and the King Tiger need no explanation. The jpz4 itself is a counter to any TD used by the allied faction.

The brits is the first allied faction to actually get decent tank in their doctrine, but as good as the comet is, it lack the raw strength of the axis armor.

13 Jun 2016, 09:45 AM

As usual, you could not be even more wrong, and this is the most inaccurate description of the faction. The only thing that is slightly better than anything else are Mortar pits, Bofors are borderline.
13 Jun 2016, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2016, 22:47 PMArchont

Depend on the playing experience you have.

wow, now that explains everything!
13 Jun 2016, 11:58 AM

saying the brits have everything is a gross simplistic view of the faction.

without their cancer emplacment, the brit is not going to have the simple amount of firepower the Ost possess. even in vanilla, the panzerwerfer have a more devastating barrage than the land mattress. Ost is the glass cannon faction in coh2.

okw units selection are more "elite". Their panther can kill both infantry and tank, and the King Tiger need no explanation. The jpz4 itself is a counter to any TD used by the allied faction.

The brits is the first allied faction to actually get decent tank in their doctrine, but as good as the comet is, it lack the raw strength of the axis armor.

- the land matress is cheaper comes sooner needs no tech, fires waaay more rockets, has close to same range and all this make it better. the mattres will make more damage in barrgae then pwerfer in 2

-the jp4 like any other medium tank will get killed by one firefly shot followed by tulips. the result is a dead jp4 in 2 sec.

-im sure that all of us would rather have the comet over the panther (tank commnder buffs, war speed, white phosphorus rounds with insane range, cooldown and price, nade abillity VS mg upgrade and blitz) the only tanks with similar role and function better than the comet are the kt and the tiger (more or less) and the command panther witch cost a lot more.
13 Jun 2016, 12:28 PM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 29
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak