Do you want COH1 remake?

11 Jun 2016, 11:32 AM

why? id rather have a coh3
11 Jun 2016, 11:54 AM

What COH3 look like?

WW2?

Cold war?
11 Jun 2016, 12:13 PM

Before something like thise, i would just like to see a good balance patch or german emplacements behave same way like british ones. No conquerable PAK43, and FlaK emplacement shredding infantry and dealing good amount of dmg against light vehicles...
11 Jun 2016, 14:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 07:46 AMNosliw

+1 to both of these. I still play CoH1 and CoH2 automatch. It's actually surprising how quickly you get games and how many players are searching 1v1 and 2v2 in CoH1 (I often find I get games even quicker than in CoH2!).

Also please don't let this turn into a which game is better than which. Keep in mind that saying CoH1 or CoH2 is better than one another is pointless, and that you are comparing your subjective opinion rather than an objective truth. Please don't derail. There's no way saying "true sight and fence hopping" are better than not having them, when they both make for completely different experiences.

Anyway, I think we can all agree with Budwise and Aerohank. If you want to play CoH1, play CoH1. If you want something CoH1 esque but more exciting, play Eastern Front, Blitzkrieg, Modern Combat, etc. Let's just hope CoH3 is something nice and new.

+1 changes like reverse button, reinforcing all your units at once instead of tab+r+r+r+r tab+r+r+r etc. and giving a move order to your vehicle without it changing its target back to the highest priority in the target tables are objectively better than in COH1. Vaulting absolutely not. In regards to the terrain and buildings truesight is a ok change, not really better nor worse. But the way exploding vehicles and smoke messes with LoS is extremely wonky most of the time. And then the new factions are worse designed than PE flirting with OF Brits tier bad. You can make a list of all the design choices that made coh1 Brits a bad faction, and almost all those elements exist in COH2 just not all in the same faction.
11 Jun 2016, 14:25 PM

Coh1 1 remake? Oh please, we all know the next coh will be F2P.
11 Jun 2016, 20:27 PM

Only without purposefully uglyfied pyjama grenadiers.
Fouking Relic felt the need for "evil ugly nazi" propaganda in CoH 1 and made them a bunch of Sgt. Schultzes in CoH 1. So the nazis were assholes, ok, but they always looked neat at it. It was so retarded how ugly they made the Wehrmacht in CoH 1 by spreading that stupid caricature of a model that was the pyjama grenadiers all across the faction (over 14 unit types, ~60% of the faction's units).

And then they insulted the russians in CoH 2. They just can't contain themselves. Damn canadians! :P
11 Jun 2016, 20:32 PM

CoH1 was a great game, but it had flaws. CoH2 improved on CoH1 in arguably every way. I don't want to go back to a game with no reverse button, no true-sight, no vaulting, etc.

but...but...the fucking tank decides to turn 180 degrees and dance around a tree when it reverses!
11 Jun 2016, 20:57 PM

WRONG. Coh1 is the better game in almost every way. The stuff CoH2 does better is mostly stylistic. Vaunting for example is not necessarily an improvement.

Huh; so this whole opinion thing, right?

I've gone back to CoH1 since CoH2 released, and really missed the changes (one might say, improvements) that CoH2 added to the series. Some people might not like the changes, others (me) really can't go without them now.

I mean, seeing through walls/bushes/etc? That really wasn't great for tactical play.

but...but...the fucking tank decides to turn 180 degrees and dance around a tree when it reverses!

Honestly, I've never had this problem. A lot of people seem to have, but my vehicles always seem to do exactly what I want. It's the MGs that respond horribly for me.

CoH 1 is technicaly better than CoH 2, so I don't think, that it needs any remake.

Graphics, physics, effects and game mechanics in general in CoH 1 are obviously better than in CoH 2

Really curious on this.
11 Jun 2016, 21:43 PM

Honestly, I've never had this problem. A lot of people seem to have, but my vehicles always seem to do exactly what I want. It's the MGs that respond horribly for me.

I have my tank decided to drive right into a house, drive around a fricking stone on a straight flat road or get stuck on a tree like a cat.

while my friend's MG will decide to reload everytime he deploys it and sometimes the arc is not as exact as he ordered it (he claims to be)

12 Jun 2016, 01:45 AM
Patrion 14

I want to see a COH 3 eventually, North Africa with German, Italian, USA, and Great Britain. I think that would be awesome ! I still love COH 2 though and am looking forward to the big upcoming patch.
12 Jun 2016, 02:01 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

we need CoH3: Modern Warfare

With the best of both worlds mechanic wise from coh1 and 2, along with new mechanics, like swimming, tank riding and helicopters. And melee Kappa

And extra zoom to accommodate microing the helicopters*
12 Jun 2016, 02:19 AM

Afrika Korps is the most likely CoH 2 content we will get in the near future.

CoH3 will be a mix of the best design aspect of the previous games. And it won't be here any time soon, not till 2019 at the very least.
nee
12 Jun 2016, 05:56 AM

No, if I want a remake, they can just make a "remastered" version for things like HD resolution, graphics, shaders, etc. Really, that's what remakes should be. CoH2 isn't meant to be a remake, it's meant to be a new game that advances the series, regardless of whether one thinks it does so successfully or not.
12 Jun 2016, 08:47 AM

we need CoH3: Modern Warfare

With the best of both worlds mechanic wise from coh1 and 2, along with new mechanics, like swimming, tank riding and helicopters. And melee Kappa

And extra zoom to accommodate microing the helicopters*

Interesting idea, but why not have the third installment advance after WW2? It would focus on other parts of wars that have little attention.

Like the Korean War, Vietnam War, the Afghan-Soviet War. It would be interesting to slowly show the change in warfare over time from conventional armies to guerrilla warfare.
12 Jun 2016, 08:58 AM

CoH1 remake would be useless at this current stage.

Another CoH game is what we need, although CoH2 in its current state is fantastic and will last pretty much as long as it takes until a new CoH game is out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★