Login

russian armor

Tiger Tank Mindset

10 Jun 2016, 13:58 PM

Due to team games, a heavy armor is almost inevitable for each player. I tend to stick to the tiger due to it's reliable (but mild) performance. I find myself complaining over the fact the Tiger is not an effective heavy due to the fact that it struggles to maneuver due to speed, while boasting good penetration that is coupled with slow fire rate. In games, I tend to allow the Tiger to play more defensively than offensively, due to the short range, it could never quite push into lines that have ally armor with much better range.

How is the Tiger supposed to be played?
10 Jun 2016, 14:02 PM

In 1v1 when you can't tech and only against USF.

The other 2 factions jizz on it.
10 Jun 2016, 14:14 PM

In 1v1 when you can't tech and only against USF.

The other 2 factions jizz on it.

That doesn't really say much. I was asking how to play. Not when to play.
10 Jun 2016, 14:15 PM

In your base repairing
10 Jun 2016, 14:16 PM

In your base repairing

Now that's true.

Edit: Don't think that will help my games though. 10/10 strategy thread is helpful.
10 Jun 2016, 14:22 PM
Donator 11

Tiger is right now the most fragile axis heavy, so it usually faces too much AT in the middle of frontline. It still is faster than, say, KT and has great firepower. You can use it against infantry - its one of the best wiping machines in whole game, or against mediums like shermans, e8 or t34-85, due to superior range tiger can deal with multiple of them quite easily. Range also makes it easier for a tiger to fight TDs, but you have to watch out, too many of them can screw you up.

Good speed for a heavy and firepower make it to be pretty good at flanking, if you can recon to make sure you are not overextending too much, you can assure that any vehicle, infantry or AT gun formation flanked by a tiger is dead one.

Also remember to use stop before shooting while playing with tiger. It hits pretty much dead where it aims if it is static so this hugely increses chances of wiping something, for example an AT gun. Small scatter makes it pretty good at attacking ground, for example through smoke or hedges, too.

Oh, and don't forget to spot for it, its range is almost of a TD and that's worth using. Infantry in front of a tank or vet 3 222 behind it should do the job.
10 Jun 2016, 14:48 PM

Now that's true.

Edit: Don't think that will help my games though. 10/10 strategy thread is helpful.

In all seriousness, you need to support it with a stug that can chase down and deal with allied TDs like SU85 FF and Jackson. I rarely go tiger in team games anymore since allied TDs can kite it to death super easily. Supporting it with a pair of pgrens can help too. Ostheer is all about combined arms.

Problem you get with tiger is the amount of time required to repair it. Means you have to get at least 2 pios that are in your base repairing instead of fighting. Also means less men on the field supporting you tiger.

Its a powerful tank but it's not a spearhead unit like some ppl think. Use it on the sides of maps with a stug to support it. That way you won't see many ATGs and you can more easily flank and destroy allied TDs. Don't send it in alone. Don't hit mines.
10 Jun 2016, 14:48 PM

Don't think that will help my games though. 10/10 strategy thread is helpful.
What do you exactly want to know? How to reverse move? Or when to repair it? Or how much damge it deals?
10 Jun 2016, 17:37 PM

In 1v1 if I´m doing well (that means other armor for me when tiger comes) I tend to make straight advance with it, backed up with at guns to conter any other tanks. Infantry and other medium tanks are on the flanks to flank AT guns, snare tanks, force infatnry to retreat and aftewards win game, cause he lost his at gunks and possibly tank. Add pios with sweeper if you think there are mines, either on his flanks or main front, where you think they are.

If I´m losing and tiger is my only tank I tend to push with it and my at guns and ifnatry cautiosly, gain slowly ground, bleed him by constant harasement and baiting his armor over teller mine so I can kll it and get advantage then.

Overall tiger is strong armor in 1v1 if you can support it well with your support weapons and grens.

If you use it like one button win wonder it will nowadays die in few seconds and lose game for you.

In games above 2v2 I think everything is much more random and tiger is there mainly used to cover your panthers from infantry and your panzerwerfers from tank rushes, because these 2 vehicles are hallmarks in team games for ostheer.

Hope I help you
10 Jun 2016, 17:39 PM

Also without at least 2 pios forget about it. Their repair speed is so low to make tiger pay for himself in time. If only eastern factions could get some repair speed boost with sweeper or snellpios or streroidgeneers could get some repair speed nerf. Right now its just ridiculus
10 Jun 2016, 18:26 PM

+1 to Hector

I treat it sort of like a "Churchill that actually works", I use it to soak fire so that StuGs can take out tanks or to cover a push. If I think the other team is sufficiently worn down (IE no AT wall) I'll use it as a spearhead to finish off support weapons.

Generally I find that you tailor your strategy to your opponents armor composition - if your opponent has a lot of mediums you can't push too recklessly or else you get swarmed.
10 Jun 2016, 18:59 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Also without at least 2 pios forget about it. Their repair speed is so low to make tiger pay for himself in time. If only eastern factions could get some repair speed boost with sweeper or snellpios or streroidgeneers could get some repair speed nerf. Right now its just ridiculus

Steroidal Engineers is a good nickname.

Also uh yeah everything you said is right.
10 Jun 2016, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 18:59 PMVuther

Steroidal Engineers is a good nickname.

Also uh yeah everything you said is right.

Thank you :)
10 Jun 2016, 20:57 PM

a tiger supported by 2 panzer 4 is slaying down infantry. a tiger supported by 2 stugs and some inf is also very good. its just a matter of playstyle
10 Jun 2016, 21:17 PM

Push with your pak guns and keep your Tiger on your secondary line. When it comes to heavies, it's not meant to be your main AT damage. It's good against infantry and medium armor. Unless you have 2-3 P4s or good combined arms, don't even go near it
11 Jun 2016, 21:12 PM

In your base repairing

hehhh yeah and u should make 2 pio for do it.
also u should look after it to prevent flank it :).imo u just wasted your time for a big pz4.
totally ignore tiger and play with call in panzer command+stug is better and worth it.
11 Jun 2016, 21:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 21:12 PMSoheil

hehhh yeah and u should make 2 pio for do it.
also u should look after it to prevent flank it :).imo u just wasted your time for a big pz4.
totally ignore tiger and play with call in panzer command+stug is better and worth it.

Pretty much. command P4 buffs the stug enough for it to take another shot and stug DPS insane. With vet 3 i think the reload time is under 3 seconds..kill any medium in 12 seconds if they all hit.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 23
France 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment