Login

russian armor

KV2 and ISU152

9 Jun 2016, 16:49 PM

Why i would choose the kv2 over the isu 152?

Its main advantage are price, turret, and its somewhat faster. But overall the isu 152 is a lot better. It can move while shooting at max range with decent view sight, AT rounds (Quite meh but it's definitely better than nothing) even the commander is a worst pick without elite infantry or il2 strike / mark target.

The isu is not perfect, its almost fine (AT/AI dilema and useless concrete rounds are small problems) but it seems to be in a far better spot than kv2.
9 Jun 2016, 16:56 PM

You could pick KV2 over ISU if:

- it was in better doctrine.
- it had better veterancy.

Long time ago I made a poll for KV2 to combined tank traps and AI Mines into one ability and add KV2 to defensive doctrine (it would suit perfect with tank traps and siege mode). The poll was like 95% Aye, and 5% Nay but Relic does not care.
Phy
9 Jun 2016, 17:39 PM

Kv2 needs a buff or its commander a rework, but atm it's not worth to use imo.
9 Jun 2016, 17:40 PM
Donator 11

KV-2 commander was one of the most popular soviet non-meta commanders during ESL. Can't be that bad.
9 Jun 2016, 18:09 PM

I like to use it.Its mode is not that bad and the KV-2 is definitely a lot more mobile.On some 1vs1 maps isu can be a pain to use imo.
9 Jun 2016, 18:24 PM

I like to use it.Its mode is not that bad and the KV-2 is definitely a lot more mobile.On some 1vs1 maps isu can be a pain to use imo.

I´ve the opposite opinion. The KV-2 is a useless (slow, inaccurate) cannon magnet when moving around and only useful when positioned behind a building.
9 Jun 2016, 18:41 PM

i would take the kv2 any day since i never would pick an isu for its AT skils sinces it bounces to often for me. and AI wise the isu has way to much trubble hitting units on a hilly terrain then the kv2 bcs the kv2 shoots in a sort of curve and the isu in a Straight line which is terrible at hilly terrain. also kv2 has a huge range while immobile and also this range increases with vet2. so if you liked building howies but find it not possible to buildthem anymore bcs of stuka dive bomb, then get a kv2 since it is a sort of mobile howitser (it uses the same gun lol) it only has not as much range as howi but its mobile so you can move it up.
9 Jun 2016, 18:53 PM

i would take the kv2 any day since i never would pick an isu for its AT skils sinces it bounces to often for me. and AI wise the isu has way to much trubble hitting units on a hilly terrain then the kv2 bcs the kv2 shoots in a sort of curve and the isu in a Straight line which is terrible at hilly terrain. also kv2 has a huge range while immobile and also this range increases with vet2. so if you liked building howies but find it not possible to buildthem anymore bcs of stuka dive bomb, then get a kv2 since it is a sort of mobile howitser (it uses the same gun lol) it only has not as much range as howi but its mobile so you can move it up.

KV 2 pen: 160-200 200-160.
ISU152 pen: 260-200.

lel 1

KV range when siege: 70
ISU152 range on move: 70

lel 2

ISU has problem when terrain is going up and down.
KV2 has huge problems when it's stading on a lower/higher terrain when gun is aiming up (never gonna hit anything)

lel 3
9 Jun 2016, 18:57 PM

KV 2 pen: 160-200.

lel 1

lel 2

KV2 has juge problems when it's stading on a lower/higher terrain when gun is aiming up (never gonna hit anything)

lel 3

does this mean that kv2 got less pen when near?
9 Jun 2016, 18:59 PM

does this mean that kv2 got less pen when near?

sry, my bad
9 Jun 2016, 19:01 PM

sry, my bad

no problem mate. but you got me scared there, i was like i used kv2 all the time that bad!
9 Jun 2016, 19:09 PM

KV 2 pen: 160-200.

lel 1

lel 2

KV2 has juge problems when it's stading on a lower/higher terrain when gun is aiming up (never gonna hit anything)

lel 3

someone was in a hurry Kappa

lel1: i told my personal bad rng bounce experience of the isu, since it for me mostly bounces i should really take an isu over the kv2 no? specialy since i wont use them anyway as an AT platform. just personal opinions so why bring up stats? Kappa i didnt say that the kv2 pens better then the isu. i only told that for my personal experience the isu to much bounces for my taste lel. but nice that you bring up stats xD

lel2: you cant really deal with the problem of the isu while you can pay attention to the positioning of the kv2

lel3: whats your point? same range and isu doesnt fire on the move so no big deal if i use then an immobile kv2 with the same range, a fast reload (dunno if faster then the isu) and probably on most maps a bigger chance to hit things.

srry if i sound :sibToxic: Kappa

its just i love my kv2 so much
9 Jun 2016, 19:16 PM

I think for the KV2 they should replace the defensive mode with a barrage ability, making it a artillery piece of sorts but able to move more quickly when under threat.

Also would love to see it in a doctrine that isn't complete shite and a few cp lower.
9 Jun 2016, 20:52 PM

KV-2 is pretty bad. It's turtley slow in everything: it moves slow, it turns its turret slow, shells from main gun flys slow... Could be faster at least with turret rotation.

And using that in siege mod is pretty dangerous. Takes too much time for pack it up, for to save from Ostheer tank raids off-map/artillery strikes on it. It's just easy target, when it's static. And when it's mobile... I would prefer to have IS-2 instead, really.

And I must say, that Relic should make Soviet Industry doctrine back, as it was before, just like other such doctrines, like Riflemans or Elite. We are tired of "boring and common" doctrines - we need something uniqe, like Encircliment. But... more useful.
9 Jun 2016, 22:25 PM

I would use the KV-2, always. Even over an IS-2.
10 Jun 2016, 00:12 AM

KV-2 is pretty bad. It's turtley slow in everything: it moves slow, it turns its turret slow, shells from main gun flys slow... Could be faster at least with turret rotation.

And using that in siege mod is pretty dangerous. Takes too much time for pack it up, for to save from Ostheer tank raids off-map/artillery strikes on it. It's just easy target, when it's static. And when it's mobile... I would prefer to have IS-2 instead, really.

And I must say, that Relic should make Soviet Industry doctrine back, as it was before, just like other such doctrines, like Riflemans or Elite. We are tired of "boring and common" doctrines - we need something uniqe, like Encircliment. But... more useful.
Rather than try to change an already unique doctrine. The Soviet's could get another commander which with a KV-2, but with a more of a mix with Guards and make tank traps.
10 Jun 2016, 00:36 AM

I feel like KV-2 should be more close range, assault oriented heavy tank (think coh1 Stuh42 with turret and more armor) with maybe panzer elite P4 style lockdown mode with increased fire rate or something

ISU-152 could then be made more anti-tank oriented (not realistic I know, but soviets lack this kind of unit) and it could then have long range, high explosive barrage ability (similar to current brummbar) against infantry and fortifications and maybe even some kind of stun / target weak point, with appropriate munitions cost
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★