Login

russian armor

"F- word" issues

10 Jun 2016, 15:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 14:31 PMalfik
It's only a nuisance for the rest of us. I often find myself discussing strategy with my teammates in the heat of battle and I happen to weave in a swear word here and there. Then I realize that with all the gardening puddings my sentence has lost its sense and for somebody else it's very hard to make out what I was trying to say.

Why would you even use unnecessary filler words when discussing strategy with your team mates? Not only takes it longer to write, it takes longer for them to read and understand (if they even bother with all that bullpudding). All that time could be used to focus on the actual game instead, with all the squadwipes and whatnot happening...

Or you could just use headphones or steam chat if you want your swearing to be heard/seen.
10 Jun 2016, 17:24 PM

Some wussy guys can't take a mild shit talk, so relic added the filters to protect their feelings.

Instead they could add a disable chat button.
10 Jun 2016, 17:47 PM

And that flower thinks she is pudding funny.

a 18+ rated game forbids cursing. good god. dat logic.

Thank Cynthia for the censorship.

You guys are being rather toxic towards a community manager that has had nothing to do with the decision of the developers and game designers to include an in-game chat censorship that mimics the chat filter of other online games. Or are you guys now blaming Kyle for every balance decisions too?
10 Jun 2016, 17:49 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

And that flower thinks she is pudding funny.

a 18+ rated game forbids cursing. good god. dat logic.

1. That's just rude

2. it would be 'puddinging' not 'pudding'
10 Jun 2016, 18:32 PM

As an avid horticulturalist I find this game unnecessarily associates gardening with anger and rage.
10 Jun 2016, 20:08 PM

You guys are being rather toxic towards a community manager that has had nothing to do with the decision of the developers and game designers to include an in-game chat censorship that mimics the chat filter of other online games. Or are you guys now blaming Kyle for every balance decisions too?

Apparently you ain't reading. SHE is the person who thought up this stupid replacement.

And no, it's ain't toxic when this whole thing is not unfunny to begin with.
10 Jun 2016, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 17:49 PMwouren

1. That's just rude

2. it would be 'puddinging' not 'pudding'

Think of flower as a neutral word/complement, apparently that's what she wanted.
10 Jun 2016, 20:12 PM

You pansies ever hear of cultural Marxism?

10 Jun 2016, 20:16 PM

Apparently you ain't reading. SHE is the person who thought up this stupid replacement.

And no, it's ain't toxic when this whole thing is not unfunny to begin with.

Cynthia has had nothing to do with the censorship, and this was confirmed countless times by relic in their streams. She just became the scapegoat by users who blamed her for everything that went wrong in the game back then. Kinda stupid that the unfounded rumor that Cynthia did all of the censorship is still there. But eh, a scapegoat seems to be always needed.
11 Jun 2016, 01:08 AM
Donator 11

Dude, relax.
11 Jun 2016, 01:26 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 14:31 PMalfik
... I often find myself discussing strategy with my teammates in the heat of battle and I happen to weave in a swear word here and there. Then I realize that with all the gardening puddings my sentence has lost its sense and for somebody else it's very hard to make out what I was trying to say.

"Attack that fucking KT" > "Attack that gardening KT"
Not really hard to understand your input either way.

From a teamplay standpoint it can be quite counterproductive to flame your mates, the word filter just takes the edge of.
You can still vent, it just slightly changes the meaning in a funny way for your recipients - win / win situation, no?
11 Jun 2016, 14:36 PM
Patrion 14

I don't see the point of explicitly allowing the flaming of teammates or opponents. What does it add to the game? Why is it necessary? Are the communities of DOTA or CS really that much better places with people raging freely?

With the admittedly childish censorship, it at least takes the edge off, like kamk said.

Though I would take disable chat over censorship any day.
11 Jun 2016, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 14:36 PMSappi
I don't see the point of explicitly allowing the flaming of teammates or opponents. What does it add to the game? Why is it necessary? Are the communities of DOTA or CS really that much better places with people raging freely?

With the admittedly childish censorship, it at least takes the edge off, like kamk said.

Though I would take disable chat over censorship any day.

Well... not everybody insults of direct flaming, guess only minority do. I actually don't understand, how no-name internet agressive monkeys, which you don't even know, can insult you with something?

Btw, original idea of post was, that units can insult everything however they like, and players can't. Now I got difference (it wasn't so obvious for me, cos as I said - curse words from no-name retards don't insult me).
11 Jun 2016, 14:59 PM
Patrion 14

Does it make a difference whether they actually succeed to insult or not? I'd still like to know what benefit there is to allow people to try.
11 Jun 2016, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 14:59 PMSappi
Does it make a difference whether they actually succeed to insult or not? I'd still like to know what benefit there is to allow people to try.

Well... why not? Curse words are not only suppoused to insult people. Sometimes, it can be used to describe something, like situation on battlefield or... whatever else.

Anyway, there are thousands ways for trolls or retards for to insult people in game even without curse words. Banning them solves absolutely nothing, cos I still can write "Sieg Heil \o" in chat, or "All jews must burn!" or something, that will be definitely purpoused to insult people, and it won't be censored.

And I don't say, that "Sieg Heil" should be banned instead. Banning any kind of words is bad, personal opinion.
11 Jun 2016, 15:33 PM
Patrion 14

Why not allow people to freely attempt to insult and be rude? It's potentially annoying and/or distracting to the others. If there's no benefit to allowing them to do so, I don't see why they should be.

Same reason many chats have automatic systems to stop flooding.

But I agree with word bans being a flawed idea. Being able to disable the chat would be the best option, since it would leave that choice up to the player and not affect anyone else. Banning words one by one is a never-ending endeavor.

11 Jun 2016, 16:25 PM
Donator 11

Well... why not? Curse words are not only suppoused to insult people. Sometimes, it can be used to describe something, like situation on battlefield or... whatever else.

What do you lose if a sentence like "fucking RNG" gets changed to "gardening RNG"?
I find the filter rather funny, and a decent way to remove some of the usual salt-snowballing.

Anyway, there are thousands ways for trolls or retards for to insult people in game even without curse words. Banning them solves absolutely nothing,...

There will always be a way to circumvent any sort of "protection"-system, but that doesn't mean you should stop trying.

The issue isn't the units dropping constant F-bombs, nor the chat in general, it is people heavily flaming each other. Sooner or later it will get to you, you maybe answer to it, and at one point you might even become a part of the problem yourself.

Btw.: angry customers are always bad for business.
11 Jun 2016, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 16:25 PMkamk

The issue isn't the units dropping constant F-bombs, nor the chat in general, it is people heavily flaming each other. Sooner or later it will get to you, you maybe answer to it, and at one point you might even become a part of the problem yourself.

Btw.: angry customers are always bad for business.

Im mature enough for not to be insulted by words of unknown for me people in internets :D It's sometimes even fun, to see rageburst of your opponents, when they lose, it only forcing you to win more and more.

And as I said - there are billion of other ways how to trigger your opponent with insults. Nazi-behavior is kinda popular for that, for example. It's way more effectve, than writing curse words, but curse words are banned, and nazi-words aren't. Logic?

Btw: money doesn't smell. Guess SEGA knows it really good.
13 Jun 2016, 11:46 AM

Btw: money doesn't smell. Guess SEGA knows it really good.

I call BS on this one. Money Definitely smells.
Depending on its date of mint, of course
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS