Login

russian armor

Germans much easier to play as Allies/Usf/Soviets

11 Jun 2016, 18:30 PM

Depending on the build that you choose, ostheer can lose the game in less than 30 seconds against USFs. If it involves a lot of support, one missed flank and all your support weapons will turn against you.

or soviet can lose the game less than 30sec against okw if it........yeah? ;)
11 Jun 2016, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 18:30 PMSoheil

or soviet can lose the game less than 30sec against okw if it........yeah? ;)

Fair enough. I still believe soviet support weapons are more robust than ostheers so they are less likely to lose everything if flanked. Also rifles are cheaper and generally more numerous than OKW units. Maxims also setup and tear down a lot faster than mg42s allowing them to react faster. On the other hand they have a small firing arc. #asymmetricbalance
11 Jun 2016, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 11:00 AMArchont

I dont agree with the OST-Sniper thing!

He is hitting his targets at a rate of 100% - Soviet sniper cant do that. He misses much often.
And he is easier to kill.

Im not saying the Ost sniper is bad or anything, hes probably the best in the game. But unlike soviets where the sniper isnt really groundbreaking important, losing the Ost sniper early is detrimental to your early-mid game play as Grens are fragile and lose to allied infantry w/o a mg42, the same can go for cons but cons are a 6 man durable squad able to hold ground for a while against axis infantry unlike you can bring support weapons or elite inf/more cons to support.
14 Jun 2016, 09:27 AM

Im not saying the Ost sniper is bad or anything, hes probably the best in the game. But unlike soviets where the sniper isnt really groundbreaking important, losing the Ost sniper early is detrimental to your early-mid game play as Grens are fragile and lose to allied infantry w/o a mg42, the same can go for cons but cons are a 6 man durable squad able to hold ground for a while against axis infantry unlike you can bring support weapons or elite inf/more cons to support.

The OST Sniper is game breaking against US Forces if you get them late game while you have tanks out. A US player cannot and will not kill your snipers with your tanks on the field and snipers just drain US dry.

Company of Heroes 2 is by far the most imbalanced game I have played in my life. I have no idea what relic's balance team was thinking. Removing key units from COH1 US Faction creates so many problems for this game (Flame engi's, snipers, mortar teams) that a US player just gets stomped on certain maps since they can't deal with units in buildings or don't have the units or abilities to stand up to late game Wehr and OKW.
14 Jun 2016, 09:34 AM

The OST Sniper is game breaking against US Forces if you get them late game while you have tanks out. A US player cannot and will not kill your snipers with your tanks on the field and snipers just drain US dry.

Company of Heroes 2 is by far the most imbalanced game I have played in my life. I have no idea what relic's balance team was thinking. Removing key units from COH1 US Faction creates so many problems for this game (Flame engi's, snipers, mortar teams) that a US player just gets stomped on certain maps since they can't deal with units in buildings or don't have the units or abilities to stand up to late game Wehr and OKW.

Good question..
14 Jun 2016, 10:41 AM

For me it is USF because of squishy armor and lots of abilities (vehicle crew, smoke barrage, HVAP, switching shell types, etc).

But IMO hardest to play =/= highest micro requirement.

you forgot about usf paper armor late game vs heavy nazi tanks :P

while the german player is "controlling""microing" his mgs to stand still and his tanks to stand with there
front armor

one clicking with his LMG greens on ur rifleman [a lot of micro going on for the wehrmacht army:clap::jk:]

you are trying to break through with all your force to flank his tanks and now you can insert the "ability micro"

your rifleman lose while they are tring to come close at long range to one click greensLMG wipe + wehrmacht HMGS
your ATGS bounse every shoot, ur tanks made of paper ...
15 Jun 2016, 04:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 10:41 AMbicho1

you forgot about usf paper armor late game vs heavy nazi tanks :P

while the german player is "controlling""microing" his mgs to stand still and his tanks to stand with there
front armor

one clicking with his LMG greens on ur rifleman [a lot of micro going on for the wehrmacht army:clap::jk:]

you are trying to break through with all your force to flank his tanks and now you can insert the "ability micro"

your rifleman lose while they are tring to come close at long range to one click greensLMG wipe + wehrmacht HMGS
your ATGS bounse every shoot, ur tanks made of paper ...

The biggest thing in COH 1 was not the fact that Wehr and Panzer Elite got superior armor, it was the fact that ALL 3 US commanders had some form of artillery to compensate for US's weakness. Infantry got the Howitzer, Airborne got the bombing run, and Armor commander got the Calliope (AND Pershing!)....I seriously have NO DAMN IDEA WTF relic's balance team was thinking when they COMPLETELY failed to give US these KEY abilities, and what makes it even worse is that they give Wehr and OKW some really good Artillery units AND superior tanks....and you think this game is going to be balanced? You take away all these key items...but wait...here you go....have a smoke grenade, GL HF!
15 Jun 2016, 05:42 AM

items...but wait...here you go....have a smoke grenade, GL HF!

yep you are right ..
the smoke granade part :clap:nice one
15 Jun 2016, 10:08 AM

Because grens are known to be so strong. Throw a smoke, blob in with your rifle blob. Easy.
15 Jun 2016, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 10:08 AMgeist
Because grens are known to be so strong. Throw a smoke, blob in with your rifle blob. Easy.

you dont say :O

problem is its not allways so easy

you maybe forgot greens can move + mostly there is a tank and an mg shooting at you should i smoke them too?

until i will smoke every one there, my troops will die or i will use all my ammo
then when i am out of ammo what should i do :p

+ when usf rifelman shoot there smoke nade they have to stay at place =more time for the greens to get back or reposition
15 Jun 2016, 11:24 AM

The hardest faction to play with the biggest micro input is Ostheer.

I would argue it is the soviet faction, from the start of the game all of there units have been nerfed and everything they have is squishy.. at least ostheer has solid units best AT in the game HMG thats much better than maxim a mortar that literally wipes squads.. also it has bunkers and very good defensive capabilities.
15 Jun 2016, 11:33 AM

I would argue it is the soviet faction, from the start of the game all of there units have been nerfed and everything they have is squishy.. at least ostheer has solid units best AT in the game HMG thats much better than maxim a mortar that literally wipes squads.. also it has bunkers and very good defensive capabilities.

alot of micro has to be puted in the mg42 thet covers only half of the map ...

15 Jun 2016, 11:41 AM

Soviets are probably the strongest faction so I wouldnt say that they are the hardest.
15 Jun 2016, 12:34 PM

Soviets are probably the strongest faction so I wouldnt say that they are the hardest.
What? I´m always glad if I see Soviet opponents on the loading screen. Seeing Brits on the loading screen makes me feel frustrated and prepared for an unfun game. Brits are by far stronger than poor Soviets.

Vickers > Maxim
Tommies > Conscripts
Cromwells > T-34/76s
Comets > doctrinal T-34/85s

To only mention a few important units. Add to that the worst vet bonuses in the game coming for Soviet units and some of the most gimmicky abilities and vet bonuses coming for the Brits (grenade on tanks, Phosphorus rounds, tank commander, Blitz without vet) and Soviets are the clear loser.

15 Jun 2016, 13:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 12:34 PMButcher
What? I´m always glad if I see Soviet opponents on the loading screen. Seeing Brits on the loading screen makes me feel frustrated and prepared for an unfun game. Brits are by far stronger than poor Soviets.

Vickers > Maxim
Tommies > Conscripts
Cromwells > T-34/76s

To only mention a few important units. Add to that the worst vet bonuses in the game coming for Soviet units and some of the most gimmicky abilities and vet bonuses coming for the Brits (grenade on tanks, Phosphorus rounds, tank commander, Blitz without vet) and Soviets are the clear loser.

ISU, IS, KV8, Shocks, Guards, T70, Katy, Cons (Tommies are stronger but I would not call them better), SU85.

15 Jun 2016, 14:29 PM

This is a funny thread. Most of these people should be bringing their problems to the strategy desk instead of whining about them on the balance forums. I still haven't seen any good arguments why axis are easier to play than allies specifically the USFs and soviets.
15 Jun 2016, 15:29 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Vickers > Maxim
Tommies > Conscripts
Cromwells > T-34/76s

That is literally a solid line of more expensive item > less expensive item. A point that you could make is that 6pdr > ZIS but other than that I can't think of anything substantial that isn't compensated for.
15 Jun 2016, 18:36 PM

This is a funny thread. Most of these people should be bringing their problems to the strategy desk instead of whining about them on the balance forums. I still haven't seen any good arguments why axis are easier to play than allies specifically the USFs and soviets.

dont need threads trolling....i still say,just tab ladders top10 right of the page,see streak and win% rate all faction....you will see the truth
15 Jun 2016, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 18:36 PMSoheil

dont need threads trolling....i still say,just tab ladders top10 right of the page,see streak and win% rate all faction....you will see the truth

:clap:

Jove got +48 winstreak with USSR, nerf SOV!
15 Jun 2016, 21:38 PM

Vickers > Maxim
Tommies > Conscripts
Cromwells > T-34/76s

Well said Butcher.
That's why I have come to love the UKF - Lock down fuel in a jiffy, thanks to fighting positions, and then follow up with a Bofors.

Mind you I'm a team game type of guy; 1v1 isnt really for me

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 15:29 PMwouren

That is literally a solid line of more expensive item > less expensive item. A point that you could make is that 6pdr > ZIS but other than that I can't think of anything substantial that isn't compensated for.

Both weapons are situational.
When it comes to synergy, a Zis works better than the 6pdr because its an assault gun.
Together with a Maxim, it becomes anti everything, AND comes from the same building.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 33
Peru 4
United States 2
South Africa 0
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L