Login

russian armor

7 VPs Left...

7 Jun 2016, 18:21 PM

Normally when I play brits i don't go this emplacement heavy, but between Minsk Pocket and our successful early game I thought it made sense. I skipped tier 3 initially because I wanted to rush the Crocodile. I think it got out too late... I was floating a ton of fuel.

I wanted to build a 17 lber center as well but was really short on manpower all game.

Any tips or thoughts, particularly on late game stuff? I know towards the end I started committing piecemeal just to try to win outright.

7 Jun 2016, 20:08 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Normally when I play brits i don't go this emplacement heavy, but between Minsk Pocket and our successful early game I thought it made sense. I skipped tier 3 initially because I wanted to rush the Crocodile. I think it got out too late... I was floating a ton of fuel.

I wanted to build a 17 lber center as well but was really short on manpower all game.

Any tips or thoughts, particularly on late game stuff? I know towards the end I started committing piecemeal just to try to win outright.

You have luck mate. In 50 min nobody can watch your replay anymore.

But I will do it right now, just for you :)
7 Jun 2016, 20:39 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

In early you did very well (enemies failed tbh 2 ostheer mgs start and also okw ran frontal in your mg).

A) When you cap big points like muni, fuel with your IS ( build cover, its free and you have the time while capping)

B) On this map Brencarry start can work very well. Especially vs Kübel, Sturmpio or Sniper!

C) Around 5 min you were too greedy with your mgs. You were with them first line. So you had to reatread them sadly.

D) After your RE built the bofors, you could jump in and use the barage on the left muni. ( 3 Grens+ 1 Volks were standing there at 1 point together)

E) You upgraded your Inf with Bren. Wrong decision! At this time you had 0 anti tank on the field.
--> Piats! Also with the piats you could try to attack their OKW medic or T4. Ofc not frontal, use left or right side flank.

F) Min 20 you have only 2 IS and 1 mg left. Because of PIV and 2 ISG.
You lost too much vs the 2 ISG while repairing your stuff.

G) When you use this emplacemenstyle so agressiv on the middle vp --> Get Avre doc so you have self repair for cheap muni. Its clear that 2 ISG wins vs 1 Mortarpit.

H) Firefly and Croco alone at the front left muni vs 2 paks and 1 Panther --> Surprise you lost sadly both tanks

I) If you go for Fireflys (they can be very strong but also useless) you need muni for your Tulips. Without using Tulips this tank is too bad vs panthers. So watch and care if you have enough muni if you want to go for this tank.

To say it in 1 sentence: Too agressive emplacements ( when you don't have cancer doc or avre doc!) and no piats upgrade.

I hope it helps :)
8 Jun 2016, 07:12 AM

thanks man. all good points.

had no idea they were doing the patch tonight. thanks for looking before the update killed it.
8 Jun 2016, 18:01 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

thanks man. all good points.

had no idea they were doing the patch tonight. thanks for looking before the update killed it.

You're welcome :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS