Login

russian armor

Suggest some counterplay vs OKW Jagtiger doctrine?

4 Jun 2016, 15:36 PM

I have learnt to vary my builds according to situation .. Sometimes when im trying different stuff I get forced into calling Anti Tank Infantry doctrine ( to handle fast luchs or double luchs surprize) when i do go for Special weapons regiment i see opponents choosing fusiliers.. I dont have a problem dealing with them till late game when im left with choice do i go for Croc or tech up to Comet.. coz that jagtiger i cant seem to find a way to get it .. if go infantry and Anti tank gun only build with Hold line callins i bleed a lot in late game and those OKW fusilers become terminators.. my trenches get 2 shoted with jagtiger..

Whats the best stratgey if you know in first 5 or 6 mins taht your opponent is going for jagtiger? dont tell me to flank it i dont think when your evenly matched its way to go unless u have upper hand..

here are things at the top of my mind..
1) Cromwell spam to make him get P4 or panther,
2) Fireflys fail vs jagtiger as @vet0 they are slow and if you shoot u get shot back and it takes like 2-3 shots only
3) Cycle capping to where jagtiger is not present since its slow to respond.. like Use crocdile and deal with infantry on other parts when jagtiger has range, move to other area.. ( this kinda worked and it was too tedious)
4 Jun 2016, 16:03 PM

I have no idea about 1v1, its probably map dependent, in all other modes either at walls with tanks used only on flanks where you know jt would not get you or huge coordinated attacks with swarming force of mediums.

Also, as for brits, piat blobs melt slow ass tanks like jt and kt in mere seconds. So, getting 2 or 3 squads of cheap sappers with double piats would never hurt. Thus i would not trouble myself with tank hunters, but thats how i play.
5 Jun 2016, 14:25 PM

I have learnt to vary my builds according to situation .. Sometimes when im trying different stuff I get forced into calling Anti Tank Infantry doctrine ( to handle fast luchs or double luchs surprize) when i do go for Special weapons regiment i see opponents choosing fusiliers.. I dont have a problem dealing with them till late game when im left with choice do i go for Croc or tech up to Comet.. coz that jagtiger i cant seem to find a way to get it .. if go infantry and Anti tank gun only build with Hold line callins i bleed a lot in late game and those OKW fusilers become terminators.. my trenches get 2 shoted with jagtiger..

Whats the best stratgey if you know in first 5 or 6 mins taht your opponent is going for jagtiger? dont tell me to flank it i dont think when your evenly matched its way to go unless u have upper hand..

here are things at the top of my mind..
1) Cromwell spam to make him get P4 or panther,
2) Fireflys fail vs jagtiger as @vet0 they are slow and if you shoot u get shot back and it takes like 2-3 shots only
3) Cycle capping to where jagtiger is not present since its slow to respond.. like Use crocdile and deal with infantry on other parts when jagtiger has range, move to other area.. ( this kinda worked and it was too tedious)

If he does jagtiger you dont have to kill it, just bleed his infantry and dont lose tanks in process. If youre sure he will go jagtiger or switch to something easier for you, then go fast cromwell and make him bleed hard. Later on you can go comets to quickly just deal with infantry and then back up against your at guns and other units cause jagtiger is defensive units. And if he goes jagtiger he wont have any other armor soon. So just bleed him hard with tanks (he cannot outbleed you because jagtiger cant hit infantry) and youre 2lmg vet IS should defeat fussilies and if you help them with your fast tank swarms you will eventually outbleed him and push out of map.

Once you are really sure he overextended and have no support nearby use vet1 ability on your at gun and get them in position and start firing at jagtiger and also use all tanks you have to flank him. Im pretty much sure if you play safe game with mobile tank all over map he will have to move jagtiger from safe spot if he want use it. And then you can strike him hard and kill that beast. Just dont allow him what he want with his jagitger. Players whitch get jagtiger want to force other to swarm it when he is prepared and destroy your whole tank battalion. So once again if youre not sure about efficiency of your dive mission just play safe with tanks and use them to bleed infantry.

Just make sure you use tank smoke shell and dont lose any tanks in process.

Ofcourse best think against jagtiger is not allowing him to get one by playing agressive game and thust forcing enemy to go medium armor, toehrwise he would lose map, but if he gets one this should work.
5 Jun 2016, 17:06 PM

Bleed his inf hard, without inf support JT is just an overexpensive Stug, going sniper is pretty good, sniper vet1 + PIAT will kill him really quick or go dual Land Mattress/Callie because OKW just loves to blob around JT, as Soviet I don't know, usually you need to win the game before JT comes out.
5 Jun 2016, 17:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

As soon as you see it.. Stop buying tanks. You should have 2-3 croms before it arrives, just don lose them.

tech racks and 5 man and start spamming sappers, maybe mobile assault sappers with flamers.

Then thank the OKW player for going JT. He'll lose infantry bleed war and your piat,flamer, or LMG sappers will take care of the JT, while your sections with maybe a sniper and a vickers maybe roflstomp everything else alongside them.

He can't have a KT(the only real OKW "counter" to piat bren blobs, except it gets rekt too) as long as he has a JT so, he's done for lol, ez.

Just watch out for werfer, that's the one thing that will tear you a new ass.

Learn to Doge the walking Stuka if you haven't already
5 Jun 2016, 21:07 PM

As Cookies suggested, the best strategy vs JT in 1v1 is to make sure it stays alive. As long as the JT stays at Vet0:
- It cannot hurt your infantry
- A KT cannot be called in
- The opponent is wasting 20 popcap on a unit with no use in the game.

If you must kill the JT (anything in 2v2 or above), you have the following options:
- PIAT blobs (3 volleys from 6 PIATs will kill the JT, even frontally).
- Firefly Tulips (because Tulips go through buildings, like Pak43 shots).
- Spamming smoke (Cromwell/Comet) to support your PIAT blob/advance towards the JT.
- (bigger modes) Bait it with a Crocodile (camp some VPs with the Crocodile, while you leave it behind a shotblocker. If the enemy wants the Croco dead, he has to expose the JT)

If you are having trouble vs OKW Elite infantry, consider getting Heavy Sappers (Anvil). As long as you do not give your sappers any additional weapons, they will win you the attrition war, by a wide margin. Heavy Sappers are the Osttruppen from Hell.
7 Jun 2016, 17:31 PM

I was relying a lot on tanks in late game to reduce the bleed with high pop cap (80-100 pop cap) .. the JT was rendering it useless as my tanks couldnt support any assults or defence.. if i commit some Infantry sections or sappers to assult a victory point the Fusiliers were winning..

about Tripple cromwells im not so good at microing so many of them for flanking manuvers so i wont do it..

I will try to reduce my dependency on late game tanks like crocodile / comet and instead work on better micro if I see JT thing again..

possibly a combination of 1or2 snipers, IS with double bren, and sappers with piats supported by HMG ..

thanks all for suggestions.. i dont think ill face an opp who goes for JT again in 1v1 but if i do ill try this
10 Jun 2016, 02:15 AM

As Cookies suggested, the best strategy vs JT in 1v1 is to make sure it stays alive. As long as the JT stays at Vet0:
- It cannot hurt your infantry
- A KT cannot be called in
- The opponent is wasting 20 popcap on a unit with no use in the game.

If you must kill the JT (anything in 2v2 or above), you have the following options:
- PIAT blobs (3 volleys from 6 PIATs will kill the JT, even frontally).
- Firefly Tulips (because Tulips go through buildings, like Pak43 shots).
- Spamming smoke (Cromwell/Comet) to support your PIAT blob/advance towards the JT.
- (bigger modes) Bait it with a Crocodile (camp some VPs with the Crocodile, while you leave it behind a shotblocker. If the enemy wants the Croco dead, he has to expose the JT)

If you are having trouble vs OKW Elite infantry, consider getting Heavy Sappers (Anvil). As long as you do not give your sappers any additional weapons, they will win you the attrition war, by a wide margin. Heavy Sappers are the Osttruppen from Hell.

But you see this one time a JT sniped my sniper from across the map :guyokay:
10 Jun 2016, 10:10 AM

Yeah, well, it has this barrage ability at Vet1. I would be careful with my fragile units once it achieves that level :D
11 Jun 2016, 08:32 AM

It could also be luck, he have some really miserable chance to hit infantry.

And if it use barrage at lvl1 he is just wasting munition, if you tell your infantry to move. It is attack ground ability, not ability that change AP ammo for HE ammo for some time ;)
11 Jun 2016, 19:15 PM

It could also be luck, he have some really miserable chance to hit infantry.

And if it use barrage at lvl1 he is just wasting munition, if you tell your infantry to move. It is attack ground ability, not ability that change AP ammo for HE ammo for some time ;)

He didnt, it just made a legendary snipe across the map and I cried.
11 Jun 2016, 20:07 PM

He didnt, it just made a legendary snipe across the map and I cried.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★