Login

russian armor

WEHR Flame - Halftrack still not balanced after 3 years

3 Jun 2016, 17:46 PM

Well, you choose.

Either scaling, but unable to get vet reinforce platform, or non scaling damage monster.

Same deal with soviet M5.

This.

Also mentioning that once any tank hits the field, the flame halftrack's reign of terror is over.
3 Jun 2016, 18:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

In the world full of free beginning faust, T0 AT, early volk shrecks, every ally light vehicle look like garbage and ally light vehicle is even weaker than the axis varient at the same time. So gardening balance.

lolwut

I can go on and on about how wrong that sounds(4v4 I'm guessing? O_o )

like...actually you know what you can do? Go into live games, for 1v1 and 2v2: check the highest ranked games. watch about 10 of them.

and tell me how good the flame HT is, or if you see it built at all.

Because this unit in its current form is one of the most easily countered and anticipated things in the game. It's so obvious that it's coming thanks to the upgrade time, like the minute you see a 251 you just assume flame HT or a really aggro halftrack strategy, both countered by units I mentioned in my last post, though I forgot guards, partisans, mines, and the most obvious counter, an early AT gun in the right spot. There's probably more counters.

Not to mention it has a very distinct engine sound that can be heard in the fog from a mile away... So it's like, if you hear it.... Make sure you're ready to fukin move..

For the Ost player, It denies early LMGs. Makes healing an issue. It denies early tellers. It may even prevent fausts from being fired if 1v1, It denies early shreks. All of which are stupidly key to keeping that thing alive anyway. Ostheer is so reliant on that early 120 muni for things that are actually worth a damn vs people with a brain it's not even funny.

If they fix it's broken anti garrison it will be free exp, lol
3 Jun 2016, 20:08 PM
3 Jun 2016, 20:21 PM

It has only one role, to get cancerous HMGs out of buildings.

And guess what, that utility will be totally removed next patch. RIP.
3 Jun 2016, 20:29 PM

It has only one role, to get cancerous HMGs out of buildings.

And guess what, that utility will be totally removed next patch. RIP.

Pull your fanboying head out of your rear.

Its getting tremendous buff next patch.
3 Jun 2016, 20:29 PM

Well, you choose.

Either scaling, but unable to get vet reinforce platform, or non scaling damage monster.

Same deal with soviet M5.

its not a choice, because it literally is impossible to vet that thing without the upgrade

a non upgraded vet 2 or vet 3 halftrack is just not going to happen

ever

3 Jun 2016, 20:57 PM

its not a choice, because it literally is impossible to vet that thing without the upgrade

a non upgraded vet 2 or vet 3 halftrack is just not going to happen

ever

It has happened, I'll try to pull up a replay, but it might be in a 4v4. Its a rare sight, if used conservatively.
3 Jun 2016, 21:13 PM

It has happened, I'll try to pull up a replay, but it might be in a 4v4. Its a rare sight, if used conservatively.

exactly, a very rare sight, achieved in a 4v4 at most. thats not balanced
3 Jun 2016, 21:14 PM

like...actually you know what you can do? Go into live games, for 1v1 and 2v2: check the highest ranked games. watch about 10 of them.

Sorry mate but Lol back at you.
Did you watch the replay i posted? Did you see who was playing? Was it not a top 10 Axis player or what?
Did he or did he not waste 560 Manpower of his opponent till the 16th minute in only 10 seconds?
Did he or did he not could have finished the game after 20 minutes because of that (if he build P4s instead of teching to T4)?

And you call your self a strategist? Sorry my friend but you seem to be a little biased, but maybe i am very wrong. Not trying to be offensive, just saying.

P.S. IMO most of the top players don't use it so much because its a cheese unit at the moment.

playercard pls

Here is my playercard: I am not Wuff

P.S. Grow up (i guess you should be old enough to make valid arguments).
And one last thing. Because i am not a top 100 player doesn't mean that i don't know the game.
Maybe its because that i am almost 40 years old and i don't have the time to play 10 games per day or maybe my APMs are not that good because of my age, maybe i had a hard day at work and i am exhausted when i am playing 2-3 games every 3 day or so or maybe i have to have an ear at my son who is sleeping while i am playing and i have to quit a game against a 500 ranked opponent and i have to quit. I could go on but i wont!
So don't judge me or others based on their playercards. You don't know what is going on in our lives. You could be surprised how well i/we know the game and its mechanics.
3 Jun 2016, 21:48 PM

Pull your fanboying head out of your rear.

Its getting tremendous buff next patch.

You don't want me to post your photo here again, do you:lol:

Damage multiplier changed from 1.25 to 1. According to kati that is a buff.

Reduced aim time is meaningless for a flamer and a mere 30 muni reduction in cost won't make anyone rich.
3 Jun 2016, 21:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Sorry mate but Lol back at you.
Did you watch the replay i posted? Did you see who was playing? Was it not a top 10 Axis player or what?
Did he or did he not waste 560 Manpower of his opponent till the 16th minute in only 10 seconds?
Did he or did he not could have finished the game after 20 minutes because of that (if he build P4s instead of teching to T4)?

And you call your self a strategist? Sorry my friend but you seem to be a little biased, but maybe i am very wrong. Not trying to be offensive, just saying.

P.S. IMO most of the top players don't use it so much because its a cheese unit at the moment. l

I'm sorry, I didn't watch the whole fucking thing. I did watch what you highlighted.

But I do question whether you know how to Use a replay as an argument..or if you even know how to analyze anything..

In the same video you link the commentator talks about how no one really builds the halftrack, lol

As for the Brit player .His 6 pdr or any kind of AT was late. He had almost 600 mp when he first noticed the halftrack. He could've had an AEC before the halftrack upgrade even finished, actually.
Maybe if you got out of imperial Danes ass crack and played the game, you would know that.

at 8:30, the flame halftrack kills a LONE mg in a building...so OpieOP.
An mg that had plenty of time to evacuate if the brit player was paying any lick of attention to his LONE mg. It didn't even attempt to start packing up while being flamed, either. It just fired back and died. If you play the game you know if an mg is trying to pack up, it doesn't keep firing back unless it's bugged. He neglected retreating and got punished for it, it's that simple.

And how am I biased.... Where do you see bias? Towards ostheer? ??? Now I'm biased towards axis? I've heard it all.

you actually have no real argument, you just woke up, watched your lovely propaganda cast with a flame halftrack actually paying off for once against some mistake filled Brit play and decided to make a quite frankly, stupid thread. and then you have the nerve to resort to "attempting" to insult me, though let me tell you I'd actually never get offended by someone who doesn't even have the NUTS to post their playercard. Lol

But what am I expecting trying to have intelligent discussion in coh2 balance. You'd think i would've learned by now.

And lmao at top players thinking its cheese.. Top players don't think it's cheese, they think it's bad. Wake up.
3 Jun 2016, 22:23 PM

In the same video you link the commentator talks about how no one really builds the halftrack, lol

So, Dane knows i guess.

As for the Brit player .His 6 pdr or any kind of AT was late. He had almost 600 mp when he first noticed the halftrack. He could've had an AEC before the halftrack upgrade even finished, actually.
Maybe if you got out of imperial Danes ass crack and played the game, you would know that.

Now Dane is not that good?(maybe i misunderstood here what you are saying) I played the game multiple times against a Halftruck with the same result (instant full health wipe) , so I was judging not only because of Danes replay.

And how am I biased.... Where do you see bias? Towards ostheer? ??? Now I'm biased towards axis? I've heard it all.

Ok, biased was wrong choice of words.

and then you have the nerve to resort to "attempting" to insult me, though let me tell you I'd actually never get offended by someone who doesn't even have the NUTS to post their playercard. Lol

I was not attempting to insult you, if you read my post again you will see that I wrote “no offence”. But you insulted me multiple times.
AND:
Because i am not a top 100 player (and not posting my playercard) (and that’s exactly the reason why because you will only judge me based on that freaking card) doesn't mean that i don't know the game.
Maybe its because that i am almost 40 years old and i don't have the time to play 10 games per day or maybe my APMs are not that good because of my age, maybe i had a hard day at work and i am exhausted when i am playing 2-3 games every 3 day or so or maybe i have to have an ear at my son who is sleeping while i am playing and i have to quit a game against a 500 ranked opponent and i have to quit because my son woke up. I could go on but i wont!
So don't judge me or others based on their playercards. You don't know what is going on in our lives. You could be surprised how well i/we know the game and its mechanics.

A unit that whipes a full health squad in 5 sec is bad, thats what i am saying.

3 Jun 2016, 22:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Leader of the USF Allstars confirmed Axis fanboy. :hansGG:
3 Jun 2016, 22:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

A unit that whipes a full health squad in 5 sec is bad, thats what i am saying.

Well I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you at least until my previous post. It's just the way I talk sometimes.

I'm not judging off playercard, sorry if it seemed like it.

personally I think rank is a factor in whether or not someone knows what they're talking about, but not the main factor by any means, you can be rank 500k and be intelligent and just lack the micro or something like that.

I'm not assaulting your personal life, so again I'm sorry, but your bolded quote above is wierd, there's plenty of cases where a unit will be wiped in 5 seconds or less thanks to Inattentiveness or bad play...an assault engineer can clear a building mg in 5 seconds too if you don't play your mg right. There's a million other cases of it but you know what I mean hopefully.

You can't just say "stuff shouldn't die fast". Stuff should definitely die fast if you play with it wrong haha, Sherman dies in 5 seconds to double pak, should we nerf amoving paks? No!
3 Jun 2016, 23:17 PM
Donator 11

lolwut

I can go on and on about how wrong that sounds(4v4 I'm guessing? O_o )

Because this unit in its current form is one of the most easily countered and anticipated things in the game. It's so obvious that it's coming thanks to the upgrade time, like the minute you see a 251 you just assume flame HT or a really aggro halftrack strategy, both countered by units I mentioned in my last post, though I forgot guards, partisans, mines, and the most obvious counter, an early AT gun in the right spot. There's probably more counters.

Not to mention it has a very distinct engine sound that can be heard in the fog from a mile away... So it's like, if you hear it.... Make sure you're ready to fukin move..

For the Ost player, It denies early LMGs. Makes healing an issue. It denies early tellers. It may even prevent fausts from being fired if 1v1, It denies early shreks. All of which are stupidly key to keeping that thing alive anyway. Ostheer is so reliant on that early 120 muni for things that are actually worth a damn vs people with a brain it's not even funny.

If they fix it's broken anti garrison it will be free exp, lol

My thoughts exactly. The heavy munition drain early is super aggressive and can easily be a game ender for Ostheer if Allied player just techs At (ANY TYPE, LOL).

Just use Partisans to snare and annihilate it,Tech piats on Sappers, hell get a light vehicle to run right up to it and mow it down, Ostheer player won't have muni to snare you LOL.

Think outside the box people other than this thought pattern: "FLAME HALFTRACK OP BECAUSE BURN PEOPLE IN BUILDING, PLEASE NERF FLAME RELIC."
4 Jun 2016, 00:25 AM

The balance preview fixes the flame HT. Cheaper upgrade, less instagibbing garrisons and faster aim time. Good changes.
4 Jun 2016, 03:16 AM

My thoughts exactly. The heavy munition drain early is super aggressive and can easily be a game ender for Ostheer if Allied player just techs At (ANY TYPE, LOL).

Just use Partisans to snare and annihilate it,Tech piats on Sappers, hell get a light vehicle to run right up to it and mow it down, Ostheer player won't have muni to snare you LOL.

Think outside the box people other than this thought pattern: "FLAME HALFTRACK OP BECAUSE BURN PEOPLE IN BUILDING, PLEASE NERF FLAME RELIC."

So how about the Soviet M3A1? The heavy fuel drain of M3A1 early is super aggressive and can easily be a game ender for Soviet if Axis player just techs At (ANY TYPE, LOL). But axis don't have to tech AT, they just have AT from the beginning due to relic's doting.

Isn't M5 drains munition also? Isn't T70 drains a lot of fuel? But hell, just upgrading shrecks from free tech, build a T0 AT, build a 320MP AT, spam faust, spam 222 or build a teller mine ,then axis successfully deny the usage of any light vehicle.

Don't speak on one side only, fan boy.
4 Jun 2016, 06:29 AM

With the balance preview, the wasp upgrade gives it a flamethrower in addition to health buff and other buffs too making it more beefy. UC itself is also a lot cheaper fuel wise, and comes out even faster.

The balance preview also nerf the flamer HTs dmg against Garrison's but buffed its overall performance. Flamer HT + 222 can sort of be seen as Ostheers "light vehicle" but split between two vehicles. AT (222) and AI (flamer HT).

both the wasp and the 251 flamer are useless.

the difference is the ost have other means of clearing house. They can use pio flamer or mobile mortar to get people out of building.

the british have to build a mortar emplacement, which everyone hate.
4 Jun 2016, 09:07 AM

Well I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you at least until my previous post. It's just the way I talk sometimes.

I'm not judging off playercard, sorry if it seemed like it.

personally I think rank is a factor in whether or not someone knows what they're talking about, but not the main factor by any means, you can be rank 500k and be intelligent and just lack the micro or something like that.

I'm not assaulting your personal life, so again I'm sorry, but your bolded quote above is wierd, there's plenty of cases where a unit will be wiped in 5 seconds or less thanks to Inattentiveness or bad play...an assault engineer can clear a building mg in 5 seconds too if you don't play your mg right. There's a million other cases of it but you know what I mean hopefully.

You can't just say "stuff shouldn't die fast". Stuff should definitely die fast if you play with it wrong haha, Sherman dies in 5 seconds to double pak, should we nerf amoving paks? No!

No hard feelings from me side and just be clear, i didn't want to insult you ether :)

I know also that other stuff gets killed in seconds but if you think about this one you will see that is a little different and i explain.

I counted the seconds till the Vickers got wiped. It was 7 seconds. That doesn't mean that you have 6 or 7 seconds to react because all MGs have pack up time in buidings.
So in order to save you MG, you have 3 to 4.5 seconds to react depending on what MG we are talking about. Isn't that a little to much? Imo it is. When the battle is going on, even the best player cant react that fast.I am not saying that the HT is super OP but just a bit. That's what i wrote in my opening post i believe.

And again, sorry about the "strategist" call, i am sure that you are doing a very god job but i think in this case you could be a little more open minded (that's the word i was looking for and not "biased") :D
4 Jun 2016, 15:14 PM

both the wasp and the 251 flamer are useless.

the difference is the ost have other means of clearing house. They can use pio flamer or mobile mortar to get people out of building.

the british have to build a mortar emplacement, which everyone hate.

agreed
One pretty decent solution i think they could add is the rifle nade attachment to Sections like they had in vCoH. Good vs buildings.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★