Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace not viable

2 Jun 2016, 15:44 PM
Donator 11

It's a suicide past 1vs1 mode,only one you can build.The allied tanks are not inferior to TA so you can just rush them.Even in 1vs1 situations TA can't destroy every allied tank.Pershing,Comet,Is 2

You are so wrong here. If microed on the same level, from attack move level of a monkey to the level of luvnest, TA always wins against any allied tank in 1v1 situation. And yeah, its not very useful in 4v4 and 3v3 since it doesn't offer enough shock value, at least 2 players would have to go TA simultanously to make it work. It is useful in 2v2 and 1v1 though.
2 Jun 2016, 15:44 PM

Your logic is really somewhere next to shrimps in the sea.

If you don't like Tiger Ace and its features don't use it.
It's a fine unit which does not need any tweaks.
It's not OP, nor UP.
We know how penalties work so it's up to you if you want to call it or not.
If you don't want to call it and prefer regular Tiger, why are you still in this topic?

Because of the same reason as others who post,to make units balanced in symmetrical and asymmetrical ways.There are many non tweaked units that after months got tweaks(Su76,jackson).If he had TWP and other abilities like crew grenades then sure it should be as now but without those abilities,it's not worth it.
2 Jun 2016, 15:47 PM
Donator 11

Because of the same reason as others who post,to make units balanced in symmetrical and asymmetrical ways.There are many non tweaked units that after months got tweaks(Su76,jackson).If he had TWP and other abilities like crew grenades then sure it should be as now but without those abilities,it's not worth it.

There wouldn't be a problem in giving it crew nades IMO, would look quite cool and it already obliterates any squad that walks into its range so it wouldn't make it imballanced.
2 Jun 2016, 15:54 PM

LeFH is not worth imo, make it 200MP!
Ostwind is not worth its price imo, make it 50fuel!

For you it's not worth so dont use it. For me and other it's worth.

(becasue Su76 was not UP for almost 2 years and Jackons since realease had great penetration so it did not need any tweaks).
2 Jun 2016, 17:38 PM

I agree with ferwiner, the ACE can charge into the heaviest vehicles, destroy it and return with %50 health minimum.

And btw, if you manage to keep it alive for 10 minutes, that means it costed you 220 fuel and 330 fuel for 15 minutes.
2 Jun 2016, 18:01 PM

I could see the penalties being reduced a bit and both Tiger/Tiger Ace could use a touch of front armor, but I wouldn't change anything else. Its still a vet 3 Tiger that costs MP only. The thing wasn't designed to be a unit used the moment you have resources, its supposed to be something you play at the right time to break a stalemate or crawl back into a losing game and end it, not another generic heavy tank.
2 Jun 2016, 18:01 PM

Tiger Ace is currently(after several nerfs) a DO or DIE unit.
After you call it in: win fast or let it die because if not it kills your economy.
While the Tiger Ace lives the resource penalty is an increasing drawback, too high price for what it offers.

Imo:

Its fun unit but very very little viability.

Other commanders with normal Tiger call-in are much better option.
2 Jun 2016, 18:31 PM
Patrion 310

I could see the penalties being reduced a bit and both Tiger/Tiger Ace could use a touch of front armor, but I wouldn't change anything else. Its still a vet 3 Tiger that costs MP only. The thing wasn't designed to be a unit used the moment you have resources, its supposed to be something you play at the right time to break a stalemate or crawl back into a losing game and end it, not another generic heavy tank.

Tiger armour is fine or if anything needs changing then dropped slightly (but definitely not buffed).
2 Jun 2016, 19:04 PM

Tiger armour is fine or if anything needs changing then dropped slightly (but definitely not buffed).

Löl. How do people arrive at these notions. When is the last time you...ever used a Tiger? And compstomps dont count.

Vanilla Tiger is, unlike its counterparts (IS-2, Persh), quite situational. Its not outright non-viable or anything but again its certainly the least attractive of the heavies.
Tiger ace, as has been mentioned is a unit you call in to do as much damage as possible and then...lose it, because if the game drags on, the Tiger ace will cripple your economy and literally cost you the game. Not to mention that your opponent will literally have 17cps time to prepare for it.
2 Jun 2016, 19:54 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Make it 270 fuel as well, add the ability to call in another when lost, and give reduction so that your resource income gets multiplied by 75% every time you lose it.
2 Jun 2016, 20:09 PM
Patrion 310

Löl. How do people arrive at these notions. When is the last time you...ever used a Tiger? And compstomps dont count.

Vanilla Tiger is, unlike its counterparts (IS-2, Persh), quite situational. Its not outright non-viable or anything but again its certainly the least attractive of the heavies.
Tiger ace, as has been mentioned is a unit you call in to do as much damage as possible and then...lose it, because if the game drags on, the Tiger ace will cripple your economy and literally cost you the game. Not to mention that your opponent will literally have 17cps time to prepare for it.

Go check my trending video. If you still believe its armour should be buffed after that then well, it only further reinforces my suspicions about you.
2 Jun 2016, 20:11 PM
Patrion 27

Ace isn't worth it, neither are OKW flak HT, USF Flak HT, Osth 250 ht, Valentine, KV1, KV2, USF M3 HT, 45mm at gun, Stormtroopers, etc etc...
2 Jun 2016, 20:16 PM

I don't really know why is it called "ace". Because of whiners it was nerfed into the ground and its value dropped hard. I don't see any reason for income penalties as long as it's left in the current state.... The doctrine itself is not bad though, it has some useful abilities but that's about all. Remember that bulletin? I would say that "He IS called ACE for nothing" indeed. :D
2 Jun 2016, 20:26 PM

I don't really know why is it called "ace".

Because it's vet 3 tiger? Did you expected it to shoot nuclear bullets or 680mm shells?
2 Jun 2016, 20:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Normal Tiger:
1040 HP
19 Pop
35 sight
mg34_coaxial_generic_mp 2.06 / 5.55
mg42_turret_mounted_panther_mp 50mu 4.07 / 12.21
experience_value = 3440

Tiger ace:
1280 HP
26 Pop
50 Sight
mg34_coaxial_generic_tigerace_mp 4.10 / 10.95
experience_value = 3700

And Goliath :snfPeter:

M3 Halftrack(British)

Vet1: +20% accuracy,+10% damage
Vet2: Nothing
Vet3: Nothing

The only unit that get's worst with vet :lolol:

2 Jun 2016, 21:22 PM

Actually it's not worse, just ... not better :p
2 Jun 2016, 21:41 PM

Actually it's not worse, just ... not better :p

Higher vet units give more XP to the enemy when they take damage. So a vet 2 UKF m3 is worse than a vet 1 m3, and it becomes even worse ar vet3.
2 Jun 2016, 22:04 PM
Patrion 14

my partner had some success with it in 2v2s. i have even seen ot used well in3v3+.

it doesnt cost fuel so it is meant for soecific situations and i really enjoy how it has unique upsides and downsides. sure it is a niche commander maybe but i think we can have some commanders meant for very specific purposes.
2 Jun 2016, 22:13 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Never forget Tiger Ace back in '14

Start video at 35m22s

2 Jun 2016, 22:27 PM

Go check my trending video. If you still believe its armour should be buffed after that then well, it only further reinforces my suspicions about you.

Point me to a link then, and I'll watch your video.
Suspicions about me? Huh. When it comes to suspcions, I'll be straight up with you: From looking at your playercard I think you are a generic fanboy that only plays one side of the equation. Then again, its just a suspicion indeed, but I've found that most people who just don't play certain factions, especially in 1s, tend to never gain a realistic appreciation of their respective capabilities.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★